XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sleeping Dogs (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1567)
-   -   Unknown minimap icons (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428402)

AlienAutospy 03-06-2013 03:48 PM

Unknown minimap icons

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everybody! Was playing last night when I came across a strange icon on the mini map. It was grey, showing I haven't "collected" it. Now, I'm about 70% complete and I have all but 2 jades, about 80% of the lock boxes, and all of the shrines, so I know what the symbols look like. Upon checking my actual map, and legend, these items do not appear. Here are screen shots of my mini map, then the location (which is not shown) on the full map.

Attachment 7796

What are these?
I'm doing this on my phone and its not working the way I wanted it to.
More pics later if there are no answers. Thanks guys!

Great game btw

Edit: it's the pellet looking thing.

AlienAutospy 03-06-2013 04:22 PM

Haha, also, if I'm just a total oblivious jackass, please point that out! :)

LeEk MuNcHeR 03-06-2013 06:51 PM

I know the t shirt is a clothes shop and the one below is a shop to buy dragon kick but if your talking about the arrow then I have no idea what that is. Always wondered but never thought to ask

Resor 03-06-2013 08:18 PM

That arrow points a place (usually on the motorways) where you can jump from losing any cops that are chasing you. It is blocked with flashing road cones. As far as I remember the camera angle changes when you jump like in GTA series but I'm not sure.

AlienAutospy 03-06-2013 08:48 PM

Nice work! I found a third one that was actually on a jump, but the other two was more of an obscure situation I guess!!

Thanks!

UberPirateNinja 03-13-2013 08:00 AM

i have completed the main game, and never realised this little tidbit! never even noticed that icon on the map at all!

PrimorialPrime 09-09-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resor (Post 5618366)
That arrow points a place (usually on the motorways) where you can jump from losing any cops that are chasing you. It is blocked with flashing road cones. As far as I remember the camera angle changes when you jump like in GTA series but I'm not sure.

I always wondered about this too! I don't think they tell you this in the game at any point. Thanks for telling us Resor! :)

CyberPunch83 09-09-2013 03:38 PM

I somehow managed to complete the game and both DLCs and never once noticed those. I knew there were places where you could jump from highways to lose the cops and things like that, but never realized they had their own map marker. I really wasn't paying attention like I thought I was. I guess those will be good to know if I ever go back just to screw around with Sleeping Dogs, if for no other reason than to try them out and see how useful they are.

BigTymer2047 04-14-2014 08:33 AM

Very nice!! This was driving me crazy until I just gave up trying to figure it out!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resor (Post 5618366)

x MOOSE 187 x 04-14-2014 08:44 AM

Time to go back to Sleeping Dogs.