XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2824)
-   -   Perfectionist Video Walkthrough (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430024)

XBL Rarity 03-12-2013 03:37 PM

Perfectionist Video Walkthrough

I'm going to be starting a walkthrough on Youtube about how to obtain the "Perfectionist" and "Master Pin Collector" achievement. If you're interested, here is a link to the first part.

XBL Rarity 03-12-2013 09:08 PM

Link to the second part.

XBL Rarity 03-18-2013 09:23 AM

Parts 3+4

ponypo2001 03-19-2013 10:09 PM

Good videos so far. What's your ETA on having all parts complete?

chunkblowerbass 03-22-2013 09:28 PM

Please continue these! I find them very helpful.

XBL Rarity 03-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponypo2001 (Post 5644215)
Good videos so far. What's your ETA on having all parts complete?

I've just beaten the first boss, but I plan to do a major recording session soon, so hopefully I'll complete it then.

XBL Rarity 03-26-2013 11:16 AM

Here's the links to parts 5+6. Currently rendering a few more videos now.

XBL Rarity 03-26-2013 01:40 PM

Here's Part 7.

dadaveke 03-28-2013 10:24 AM

keep up the good work. These are very helpful. thx !!!
When wil the next vids up? i am grinding metal for hours now hahaha

XBL Rarity 03-29-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadaveke (Post 5661878)
keep up the good work. These are very helpful. thx !!!
When wil the next vids up? i am grinding metal for hours now hahaha

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like them. I try to get a few videos rendering whilst I am at work, seeing as the weekend is coming up, I'll make sure to upload some more!

XBL Rarity 03-30-2013 05:13 PM

Here's Part 8!

dadaveke 03-30-2013 05:39 PM

woohoo thx .. now switching to my other save..

XBL Rarity 03-31-2013 03:57 PM

Part 9 (not very long, simply finishing off a few quests)

XBL Rarity 04-01-2013 06:21 PM

Part 10

dadaveke 04-07-2013 04:47 PM

Now starting on my 4th playthrough :-)

XBL Rarity 04-11-2013 07:48 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, recently I've been working night shifts at my job, so I've been feeling a little groggy recently! I'm currently rendering a whole bunch of videos now though, and in terms of progress, I've now completed the second chapter, so there's not too much left to do.

In case people aren't aware, I WILL be going for the "Master Pin Collector" achievement as well, so just because I've nearly finished the story line doesn't mean that I've nearly finished the walkthrough!

XBL Rarity 04-11-2013 04:27 PM

Part 11

XBL Rarity 04-12-2013 01:45 PM

Part 12 now live

XBL Rarity 04-13-2013 04:23 PM

Part 13!

GalaxyRed13 04-15-2013 05:49 PM

Very nice video guide. I'm guessing you're nearly done with it, but I have no idea how far you've gotten so far in the videos (I've only seen the first bit of part 1, since I'm trying to beat the game on my own first to get the achievements that lock you out of Perfectionist, then I'll do a playthrough using your videos).

XBL Rarity 04-16-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 (Post 5704603)
Very nice video guide. I'm guessing you're nearly done with it, but I have no idea how far you've gotten so far in the videos (I've only seen the first bit of part 1, since I'm trying to beat the game on my own first to get the achievements that lock you out of Perfectionist, then I'll do a playthrough using your videos).

Thank you, and yes, I've nearly finished the MAIN storyline (though there's a still a lot to do!), but I would also advise players to just go through the game at their own pace on their first playthrough. It helps them get used to the controls and such, and like you mentioned, you can try and get some other achievements.

XBL Rarity 04-17-2013 02:54 PM

Part 14

GalaxyRed13 04-17-2013 04:07 PM

I have a question I forgot to mention. Your descriptions don't seem to say this, other than you're going for Perfectionist and Master Pin Collector, but does that also include all Film Reels, Costumes, Spirits, and the "Knothole surprises" in Bog Easy?

XBL Rarity 04-17-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 (Post 5709259)
I have a question I forgot to mention. Your descriptions don't seem to say this, other than you're going for Perfectionist and Master Pin Collector, but does that also include all Film Reels, Costumes, Spirits, and the "Knothole surprises" in Bog Easy?

Yeah, sorry, I should really update that! Yes, I WILL be going for all of those things listed above, this might as well be called a 100% guide!

GalaxyRed13 04-17-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBL Rarity (Post 5709551)
Yeah, sorry, I should really update that! Yes, I WILL be going for all of those things listed above, this might as well be called a 100% guide!

Great. I'll be doing my next playthrough today with it then. I just finished my first playthrough a minute ago. Trying to wait until the credits finish, so I can get Off Track, then I'll be ready. lol

EDIT: I followed your videos up until part 4, and I realized that you're skipping some things in your walkthrough, or not even mentioning it. Like for instance, when you go around to repair stuff, you failed to mention that you had to first repair the windmill and enter the first D.E.C. (but you don't have to finish it, just exit back out after entering) for the Gremlins to allow you to repair anything. I was running around to the areas you went to, and wasn't finding a Gremlin popping up like you did. I had to do the repairs on the windmill and such first before they showed up.

Also, for a "full walkthrough", your videos don't seem to be that full. Part 1 ends before you're even done with Yen Sid's lab, then Part 2 just starts with Mickey and Oswald in Dark Beauty Castle. And your videos showed you doing a lot of repeating areas for no reason other than farming for items (when you could've just mentioned to do that).

XBL Rarity 04-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 (Post 5709600)
Great. I'll be doing my next playthrough today with it then. I just finished my first playthrough a minute ago. Trying to wait until the credits finish, so I can get Off Track, then I'll be ready. lol

EDIT: I followed your videos up until part 4, and I realized that you're skipping some things in your walkthrough, or not even mentioning it. Like for instance, when you go around to repair stuff, you failed to mention that you had to first repair the windmill and enter the first D.E.C. (but you don't have to finish it, just exit back out after entering) for the Gremlins to allow you to repair anything. I was running around to the areas you went to, and wasn't finding a Gremlin popping up like you did. I had to do the repairs on the windmill and such first before they showed up.

Also, for a "full walkthrough", your videos don't seem to be that full. Part 1 ends before you're even done with Yen Sid's lab, then Part 2 just starts with Mickey and Oswald in Dark Beauty Castle. And your videos showed you doing a lot of repeating areas for no reason other than farming for items (when you could've just mentioned to do that).

Thanks for some criticism, but I'm going to point out a few things.
1. Yes, maybe I should add some annotations to make things more clearer. Even though you'll see that I fixed the windmill before I started doing the Gremlin quests, yes, I guess I could've added an annotation explaining you need to repair the windmill first, but again, if you're following the walkthrough this shouldn't be too much of an issue.
2.What am I skipping? Forgive me if I have indeed missed something out, but surely by part 4 of the guide, which is still fairly early in the game, there is not really that much to skip? The only thing I can think of is the Hidden Mickeys, but that is only because I am taking pictures of the Hidden Oswalds instead, as you need fewer of those.
3. If you check part 1, it ends at the beginning of Dark Beauty Castle, and part 2 picks up immediately after, so I'm not sure where you've got the idea that part 1 ends before I'm even done with Yen Sid's lab. Yes I do skip cutscenes, but the video picks up immediately afterwards, it's not like I cut a large amount out or anything.
4. Yes, these videos do show a lot of repeating areas, but I do tend to speed these up in later areas. Besides, I'm not a whole fan of the whole "leave a little message thing", it just seems a bit lazy, and a little bit choppy. I personally wouldn't like a guide that halfway through said "Now go collect 100 items" and then it picks up at some random area. It's a video walkthrough after all that intends to show players how to obtain items, so I dunno, maybe a text based walkthrough would be more your thing? Like I said, I appreciate the criticism, but apart from the explaining things in more detail, I can't really see where most of your criticism comes from. Sorry if I sound a bit stuck up.

XBL Rarity 04-18-2013 05:41 PM

Part 15

GalaxyRed13 04-18-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBL Rarity (Post 5711697)
Just because I don't mention it in a little note doesn't mean it's not in the video. I still repaired the windmill and entered/exited the D.E.C straight away didn't I? And in the first video, doesn't it end with me completing Yen Sid's lab, and then the second video begins at the start of Dark Beauty Castle? I admit that maybe these videos aren't as detailed as they could be, but all of the information is still there in the video. Maybe you'd be better off following a written walkthrough instead of a video one?

I think there must've been a problem with Youtube before, because when I watched your videos before, they weren't full videos. They stopped before you finished Yen Sid's lab (you were just going to the wall where you paint and thin and it stopped), but now the video seems to go all the way through it, and there wasn't a section of you going to the D.E.C. first to unlock repairing places before, but there is now, in Part 5.

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. Part 1, in Yen Sid's lab, actually went to 6 minutes and 36 seconds the first couple of times I watched it (you had Mickey just thinning and painting the platforms at that time), instead of the actual 8 minutes and 36 seconds, that showed you opening the secret chests below, or grabbing the first Pin.

XBL Rarity 04-18-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalaxyRed13 (Post 5711732)
I think there must've been a problem with Youtube before, because when I watched your videos before, they weren't full videos. They stopped before you finished Yen Sid's lab (you were just going to the wall where you paint and thin and it stopped), but now the video seems to go all the way through it, and there wasn't a section of you going to the D.E.C. first to unlock repairing places before, but there is now, in Part 5.

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. Part 1, in Yen Sid's lab, actually went to 6 minutes and 36 seconds the first couple of times I watched it (you had Mickey just thinning and painting the platforms at that time), instead of the actual 8 minutes and 36 seconds, that showed you opening the secret chests below, or grabbing the first Pin.

You're not alone actually, YouTube was doing this to me last night. A 2:56 video was somehow reduced to only 30 seconds!

GalaxyRed13 04-18-2013 11:16 PM

Now that I was able to get the videos working properly, I'm now done with your videos currently (just finished up to part 15), and waiting at Disney Gulch. lol