XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tyranny of King Washington, Part 1: Infamy (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2980)
-   -   Game Breaking Glitch ??? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431578)

jatt_boy_punjabi 03-17-2013 09:04 AM

Game Breaking Glitch ???

So I am on the last DLC mission "Justice Served" and I am on the "stalk the guard dog patrol" objective, but as I enter the bushes (where you are supposed to go to) the objective doesn't change and nothing shows up on the map. It stays on the same objective, no guard dogs are around to lure over and it doesn't let me sprint or change any weapons. I have tried restarting the mission, restarting the checkpoint, deleting DLC and reinstalling it, and also started a fresh new save but that problem is still there. Anyone else having the same issues ??

I UK IDestroya 03-17-2013 10:47 PM

Pretty sure your supposed to press Y to go invisible and then the dog will come over..?

*Maybe thinking of something else but worth a try

TheSaferHouse 04-02-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jatt_boy_punjabi (Post 5638583)
So I am on the last DLC mission "Justice Served" and I am on the "stalk the guard dog patrol" objective, but as I enter the bushes (where you are supposed to go to) the objective doesn't change and nothing shows up on the map. It stays on the same objective, no guard dogs are around to lure over and it doesn't let me sprint or change any weapons. I have tried restarting the mission, restarting the checkpoint, deleting DLC and reinstalling it, and also started a fresh new save but that problem is still there. Anyone else having the same issues ??

I am also having this problem, any suggestions or advice? Anyone?

Edit: I just deleted my save, started a new game, and still have the same problem, this is total bullshit as I can't finish the last mission, WTF Ubisoft!!!

TheSaferHouse 04-02-2013 05:52 AM

Just found this possible fix on the Ubisoft forums, going to try it now and will update when I know more...

"The workaround provided for Xbox 360 users worked out! I confirmed it earlier today.

I first deleted my DLC save file in Assassin's Creed 3. Next I went to the Xbox dashboard, navigated to the storage file for Assassin's Creed 3 and deleted the DLC episdes one and two, the save files, and the title update to the game. After that I started AC3, went to the Tyranny of George Washington and only downloaded the first episode. After I made it all the way back to the Justice Served mission everything worked and I made it past the bug. Hopefully this works out for people. If it doesn't I hope another workaround or fix is discovered soon."

EDIT: It worked! Thank god, it effing worked. My sanity has been restored. What a maddening glitch.

ThePumpkinKing 04-11-2013 11:12 PM

So.... the workaround is to completely shit-can your progress and start from scratch? How in the fuck is that a "workaround"??? Oh, yeah. It isn't. It's "delete everything and start from scratch."

Fuck all that. I'll wait for a patch. Or screw around with finding a workaround myself. That doesn't involve wasting another 2-3 hours redoing everything I just did.

DJzero 04-12-2013 12:15 AM

Wow. Affecting me too. Really bummed. I may just watch the end of the episode on YouTube and move onto Ep. 2.
Luckily I'm not an achievement whore. Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll delete everything and start over. Today is NOT that day. Grrrrrrrr.

Graivul 01-02-2014 04:21 AM

Yeah they screwed the pooch on this one, total bullshit.

There amazing helpful response of delete the save file etc and start all over again is not helpful, that is called 'clutching at straws' where I come from. It is the same logic as the basic PC matra of....'oh my PC is acting weird....first step...restart the friggin thing'

And now AC4 is out, the chances of a retrospective fix are pretty much zero...the best Xbox franchise ever.....now ruined.....what a friggin joke.

KilldbyNecropsy 01-24-2014 12:00 AM

I just ran into this glitch myself... Sigh.

cactusmomma 02-27-2014 10:16 AM

Ran into this myself. Unfortunately, I had to kill the entire DLC and all saves, redownload the whole thing and start over. Total freaking buzzkill, if you ask me! Everything worked just dandy afterwards. You'd think that nearly a year after release, they'd have something to fix it finally..

xSyKoTiCxJeTx 11-18-2014 07:49 PM

Got into this f***ing glitch earlier today and I didn't have other choice to delete my save file and all dlc except Infamy and re-do only main missions,skip all the rest and it worked...(luckily)