XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   BioShock Infinite (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1879)
-   -   1999 Mode Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450974)

Creech 04-19-2013 11:10 AM

1999 Mode Discussion
 
We have quite a few different threads being created that are quite similar related to 1999 mode. Let's try keeping all the 1999 mode discussion in this thread to consolidate all of that information in a more accessible spot.

Thanks!

Jack Frost 04-19-2013 04:20 PM

Forgive me, but this kinda smacks of closing the barn after the horses have bolted. :D

JelmerF 04-19-2013 09:55 PM

Yeah, little late Crouch.

We understand though, you want to play the moderator.

Inebriated Jedi 04-19-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JelmerF (Post 5714430)
Yeah, little late Crouch.

We understand though, you want to play the moderator.

Don't blame him, it was my idea. I'm sick and tired of all the 1999 threads.

WalterWhite 04-19-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JelmerF (Post 5714430)
Yeah, little late Crouch. We understand though, you want to play the moderator.

I recognize Creech from the site, but I'm not sure who Crouch is.

LickableLemons7 04-20-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterWhite (Post 5714573)
I recognize Creech from the site, but I'm not sure who Crouch is.

Barty Crouch...Jr.?

Can't wait to see how many people ignore this stickied thread and create their own threads asking about something in regards to 1999 mode, or bragging that they beat 1999 mode.

I beat 1999 mode. No vending machines. At all. Like, none of that dolla dolla bill(z yo) or that whack ass veni vidi vigor minuteman armory crazy technology upgrade stuff. The ending was a pain. And the Lady Comstock fights. And a handyman fight.

Oh well, I got the 1000:gsicon:.

Suck it, nerds

Sophia Hyakato 04-20-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 (Post 5714676)
Barty Crouch...Jr.?

Can't wait to see how many people ignore this stickied thread and create their own threads asking about something in regards to 1999 mode, or bragging that they beat 1999 mode.

I beat 1999 mode. No vending machines. At all. Like, none of that dolla dolla bill(z yo) or that whack ass veni vidi vigor minuteman armory crazy technology upgrade stuff. The ending was a pain. And the Lady Comstock fights. And a handyman fight.

Oh well, I got the 1000:gsicon:.

Suck it, nerds

Couldn't have said it better myself. Good grief all the duplicate threads.

LickableLemons7 04-20-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia Hyakato (Post 5714698)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh, shucks. Guess I got points for the Harry Potter reference and the "suck it, nerds" bit?

tremberz 04-20-2013 01:49 PM

This game is great, but the idea of the manual checkpoints is awful. Its ruining my run on 1999 mode completely. Hate the fact that I die way too easy and I can't do anything else except reload checkpoint because bosses regain ALL of their health. Its completely pointless and so annoying reloading the checkpoint over and over again when its like 5 minutes before I die.

Rivercurse 04-20-2013 02:54 PM

It's the hardest mode in the game. It's supposed to be a challenge..

I never felt like the checkpoints set me too far back. Time-wise I guess it depends how much looting and exploring you do.

tremberz 04-20-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercurse (Post 5716033)
It's the hardest mode in the game. It's supposed to be a challenge..

I never felt like the checkpoints set me too far back. Time-wise I guess it depends how much looting and exploring you do.

I don't mind that its tough or a challenge. I hate the fact that it gives me stupid checkpoints where I have to re-watch a cut scene 10 times or re-stock on ammo and health every time. Apart from that, the game is amazing.

GeneralGranko 04-21-2013 09:27 AM

Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.
So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.

JelmerF 04-21-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralGranko (Post 5718162)
Few days ago, 1999 was kicking my ass so I decided to go on lower diff. first, but still 1999 will be hardcore for me.
So I would love to have it summed up

Infusions - I know I should first spend them on armor, not on health, but after armor, salts right?

Armor - people have different ideas about this, what do you think is the best?

Sirens - upgrade the charge, I got this

Handymans - pretty much toughest enemies if Sirens will be cake with upgraded charge, so I know how to glitch 1st handyman on the the little roof in that chapter 19-20 or what is that, but what about the next ones, can I glitch them or skip them somehow? On 1999 even hordes of normal enemies were kicking my ass, so less enemies or no tough enemies - the better.

There are loads of topics already with tips on how to beat the handyman, scroll down a bit.

xTGMx INF3RNO 04-21-2013 02:37 PM

Only managed to get killed 8 odd times. Was never kicked back to a checkpoint either.

I died a lot more on normal ^.^ but I guess that was because I didn't know the levels ect.

Overall its a difficult but if you just use upgraded charge with shotgun/Sniper combo and stay back its a breeze.

Also never used a vendor either.

As for the handymen I just used the electrify skyline bug :p

GeneralGranko 04-22-2013 01:17 PM

Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..

RoToR BlaD3 04-23-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralGranko (Post 5721059)
Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..

I personally made my way through "1999" mode using the Carbine/Shotgun combo.

Just make sure to upgrade damage and reload on the shotgun and it becomes a monster, especially teamed up with the Undertow/Murder of Crows trap combo.

McGoogles 04-23-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralGranko (Post 5721059)
Hi everyone again, I have a question about weapons, what were you using, what do you think is better?

Carbine
or Sniper/Shotgun combo?

I love Carbine so far and Sniper is very very beast, but Shotgun kinda sucks I think, I always get kicked in the ass while using it..

I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.

GeneralGranko 04-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGoogles (Post 5723532)
I personally found the carbine/sniper combination to be more effective than shotgun/sniper. In a mode where getting up close and personal is a bad idea (at least until you get the Charge plasmid), sticking with the carbine would be the wisest choice. It's deadly at both close and long range, plus it has a relatively nice iron sight.

Thanks, I am already in the middle mostly killing with all the guns because of the ammo, but Carbine is super effective and fast killin.

Frozen x360a 04-23-2013 08:25 PM

Is 1999 mode w/o using the machines possible for a Bioshock noob like myself? Love to get 1000 on this.

McGoogles 04-24-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen x360a (Post 5724850)
Is 1999 mode w/o using the machines possible for a Bioshock noob like myself? Love to get 1000 on this.

Definitely. Just make sure to explore every possible location, search every possible container, and pick up every possible item to ensure enough money for upgrades or deaths. Though, you can always reload your checkpoint before you die to maintain your money, but checkpoints are relatively scarce and you will lose a decent amount of progress.

BioShock: Infinite is much more different than the previous two installments too. There's absolutely no horror aspect, no weapon wheel, customizable clothing, etc.. Besides the plasmids there's hardly any similarities between the games.

GeneralGranko 04-24-2013 02:14 PM

Well, my ass getting kicked again, Iīm at chapter 31, the beginning with handyman, jesus christ I donīt have Winter Shield and he is kicking my ass, so I tried the rail strategy jump on it, jump down, pretty simple, but I run out of ammo every time and at that moment, Iīm f*cking screwed, so I really need a help about this, I donīt know what to do.

Some guy was writing about getting each handyman stucked, I already made a thread about it... no response about this "stuck" thing, so how do I do this on 3rd handyman? The last one Iīm not afraid of because I know I can skip him.

Edit: so I did it, probably harder fight than VOX HANDYMAN for me, also I just did all the sirens fight without any effort, just charge all the way, only died first time on the first siren because I didnīt really know how to use the charge vigor, only thing I am afraid of now is the final battle.

Evo Kazz 04-24-2013 09:44 PM

I don't know why people struggle with 1999, all you need is 4 things and it turns into very easy mode:

Possession
Charge
Carbine
Winter Shield

I used Possession for almost my whole run, u can literally possess...hidee...repeat.

GeneralGranko 04-25-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evokazz (Post 5727575)
I don't know why people struggle with 1999, all you need is 4 things and it turns into very easy mode:

Possession
Charge
Carbine
Winter Shield

I used Possession for almost my whole run, u can literally possess...hidee...repeat.

I used possession just a very little bit and I didnīt find it the best weapon, and winter shield... Didnīt have luck to get it and Iīm not the type of player to keep reloading checkpoints to get it.

So yeah, handyman without winter shield? Hell.

Evo Kazz 04-25-2013 01:20 PM

I intended farming gears for Winter Shield, but I already found it before I got to the farm spot, I was lucky, but it makes the game very easy.

GeneralGranko 04-25-2013 02:22 PM

Alright, I am at the end, I donīt have winter shield but I have some good gear in general, just tell me - what should I max out before I head to the final battle? I have 4500 silver eagles so I think I can max out above 2-3 things.

So far I have this:

MAXED OUT CARBINE
SNIPER RIFLE +25 DMG
MAXED OUT CHARGE
PEOPLE POSSESION

And thatīs everything.



Edit: Once again, I found my way out of it, fully upgraded Return to Sender was so helpful, I could probably never do it without it, on first try I failed, but on second - I even had about 50 percent left, so in the end - it was a cake. Nothing compared to a final boss battle like at end of Crysis.

Metabolic XBA 04-25-2013 08:20 PM

Quick question, in this mode, if you get a game over screen, I.E you die with no money to come back. Is that it? Or do you just reload your game at the last checkpoint?

noiprocs 04-26-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a (Post 5730026)
Quick question, in this mode, if you get a game over screen, I.E you die with no money to come back. Is that it? Or do you just reload your game at the last checkpoint?

You reload from checkpoint

GeneralGranko 04-26-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metabolic x360a (Post 5730026)
Quick question, in this mode, if you get a game over screen, I.E you die with no money to come back. Is that it? Or do you just reload your game at the last checkpoint?

Yeah, as noiprocs said, you reload from checkpoint, and itīs not even worth wasting money cause you will probably be needing them for upgrades to make your 1999 much more easier, I used money just on a few occassions I would otherwise failed in using only checkpoints = VOX HANDYMAN, 3rd HANDYMAN, FINAL BATTLE and about 1-2 more times in battles I had about 1hp in the beginning of it.

Fidlelis 04-26-2013 06:37 AM

What helped me the most during my 1999 mode (also w/o using any dollar bill machines)..was Return to Sender..and just using the basic guns..(machine gun, pistol). Also what really helped me out was getting the season pass, got 5 extra infusions to level up my shield. But the only problem I faced was during Lady Comstock and the Handymans. The last battle was easy because I used the "return to sender" tatic.:drunk

mga74 04-27-2013 07:30 PM

im trying to go for scavenger hunt achievement but dont understand something.the guide says you cant buy anything from vending machines so how do you upgrade weapons and vigors?sorry if this has been answered somewhere but i couldnt find it.thanks for any help!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.