XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Red Dead Redemption (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1335)
-   -   Most Glitches Ever! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456498)

jholbro5 04-24-2013 06:35 PM

Most Glitches Ever!

All of my friends repeatedly told me how great RDR is. So when it became available on Xbox Marketplace as an on-demand download, I decided to give it a try. As I neared the conclusion of the game, however, I started noticing that the sound would randomly drop out. I would exit to the Xbox home page, and all would be fine. But start the game back up, and within a few minutes the sound would go out again. As I progressed, it got worse. Now, the sound drops immediately, cutscenes don't play (so I can't even read the subtitles), and the game gets stuck constantly refreshing.

I've deleted and redownloaded the game, cleared the cache and title update, etc. Nothing. Rockstar has nothing on its support page, and Xbox Live isn't exactly helpful when it comes to customer support.

All of this just to say, glitchiest game ever! I had to order an actual copy of the game just so I can beat it!

InsaneKane87 05-09-2013 11:50 PM

Did you still have the same issues on the disc version? Probably not if you were able to complete it. But, this is why I never do downloads anymore, just seems worse and plus you can get games much cheaper over the net or at the store.

Deadsea 18 05-11-2013 02:36 AM

I got GOTY edition awhile back. Encountered 0 glitches,not kidding.

I hope that you have luck fixing the glitch problem some how. This game IS amazing,i hate that any dumb glitches are getting in the way of your experiance.

Ctrl Alt Defeat 05-16-2013 07:17 AM

Rockstar has released enough title updates to take care most of the glitches, it is impossible to get them all.

iBuzz7S 05-16-2013 08:01 AM

Wait until you start playing online and going for those achievements.

jholbro5 06-03-2013 07:44 PM

Thankfully, I was able to finish the game with a disc version. I'm starting to think the issue is my actual system and not the games (I've been having this problem with increasing frequency; the latest victim is Tomb Raider). I have an older system, so I suppose it is possible that is the root of the problem.

McMan 06-05-2013 07:32 PM

I didn't encounter many glitches and the ones I did find were quite funny. In the mission where you help Irish save his friend in Thieves' landing and get the Gatling gun I had an experience where after the cutscene where you load up the gun the wagon launched about 50 feet in the air and smashed to the ground and I failed the mission. It was so random I couldn't help but laugh for a good while.

jholbro5 06-14-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMan (Post 5814883)
I didn't encounter many glitches and the ones I did find were quite funny. In the mission where you help Irish save his friend in Thieves' landing and get the Gatling gun I had an experience where after the cutscene where you load up the gun the wagon launched about 50 feet in the air and smashed to the ground and I failed the mission. It was so random I couldn't help but laugh for a good while.

Mine were more of the frustrating variety, a.k.a. I just finished a mission and the game freezes so I have to do it again.

Iceskater101 07-11-2013 04:31 AM

I am encountering many glitches now, I can't even play the game because my horse randomely stops and I can't see the title menu. I have tried deleting the game options and that worked for a little, but it's acting up again to the point I can't even play the game. I am getting very frustrated.

EverStoned77 08-24-2013 03:28 AM

I have played this game on & off for almost 2 yrs & have never experienced as much as one glitch,but I have always stuck to the disc version of any retail game,mainly because me & my brother are both gamers & with the price of new games in Denmark where I live there's definitely no reason to buy the same game twice so we simply share each others games.
Also as said somewhere above,the prices for a retail game as a download on xboxlive is pretty ridiculous & I have very rarely seen any game that I can't get cheaper which is a bit weird since the disc version comes with both cover,manual & of course the disc it self but still I find even old games that are 2-300% more expensive than they are in the shop :wtf

Shiftie 08-24-2013 03:30 AM

I've had issues like that with most of the Rockstar games this generation, in particular the open world ones, so I guess some glitches can be expected considering the vastness of the game?