XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2465)
-   -   Michael. Franklin. Trevor. trailers (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463237)

OceanH 04-30-2013 03:16 PM

Michael. Franklin. Trevor. trailers
 
From Rockstar Games' official youtube channel:





Barad 04-30-2013 03:33 PM

Fucking..love it.

Michael looks like he got plastic surgary from the last trailer. Frankin's story looks predictable but I can see Trevors sides of things being the most inetresting when it comes to playing his story. So good.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 04-30-2013 04:05 PM

Michael is like that profound character like Nico or Max Payne.

Franklin is all that San Andreas gang banger stuff.

Trevor embodies all that crazy nonsense shit you can do in GTA.

Nozza XBA 04-30-2013 05:15 PM

Michael bores me
CJ > Franklin
Trevor makes me want to play as him and him only

Ninja Eagle 04-30-2013 05:29 PM

Michael looks kinda boring
Franklin is just a CJ rip off
Trevor looks like crazy fun!

ModernSith2010 04-30-2013 05:55 PM

See I'm the complete opposite, for me Trevor is too much of the stereotypical country bumpkin/meth dealer. For me I like the idea of someone having a bit of crisis(midlife you want to call it) and trying to make there life more exciting. Franklin's also speaks to me, but that's because I'm a huge GTA:SA fan(it's the best in the series followed by GTA:VC, GTA4 then GTA3) and love the fact that the Ballas and Grove Street are returning. I'm hoping that we can actually get down groove street itself and revisit all the memories from SA.

Ninja Eagle 04-30-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 (Post 5742732)
See I'm the complete opposite, for me Trevor is too much of the stereotypical country bumpkin/meth dealer. For me I like the idea of someone having a bit of crisis(midlife you want to call it) and trying to make there life more exciting. Franklin's also speaks to me, but that's because I'm a huge GTA:SA fan(it's the best in the series followed by GTA:VC, GTA4 then GTA3) and love the fact that the Ballas and Grove Street are returning. I'm hoping that we can actually get down groove street itself and revisit all the memories from SA.

Grove Street's returning? That's great to hear! It'll definitely be the first thing I do when I get my hands on the game. I loved San Andreas, but I just can't compare it to GTA 4. I had so much fun on that game, and I still do from time-to-time.

Jack Frost 04-30-2013 07:06 PM

Even after these three videos, I'm still looking more forward to Watch_Dogs.

Not a knock at GTAV, which I still intend to play, but these trailers made it seem like a road well-traveled.

JORDAN K 95 04-30-2013 08:03 PM

so, are we assuming gta5 has 3 separate campaigns then?

Jack Frost 04-30-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 (Post 5742931)
so, are we assuming gta5 has 3 separate campaigns then?

Yes. Apparently the 3 campaigns run concurrently and they're supposedly giving us a way to switch between them on the fly.

Still not sure how that's going to work, tho'...

Dragon Master 04-30-2013 10:15 PM

Rockstar put message in the video that can only be heard if you play all three videos in sync. Try it if you don't believe me.

Merch 04-30-2013 10:28 PM

Michael is the only one that interests me at all, because of his family and the post financial crisis commentary. Franklin looks like a typical R* protagonist and Trevor is a complete psychopath.

dakisbac 04-30-2013 11:02 PM

From the trailers alone I can say I'm most excited to play as Franklin (my love for San Andreas makes me biased) and then Michael. Don't care from Trevor at all.

Also, does anyone know how the stories interwoven? Are they separate with some overlaps like in GTAIV or do the characters work together?

If they're working together you have to wonder how these three different people ended up together, but I noticed that in the trailers Michael was talking to a psychiatrist and one of the other characters mentioned his shrink. Maybe that's the common factor?

jswartz0181 05-01-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakisbac (Post 5743219)
From the trailers alone I can say I'm most excited to play as Franklin (my love for San Andreas makes me biased) and then Michael. Don't care from Trevor at all.

Also, does anyone know how the stories interwoven? Are they separate with some overlaps like in GTAIV or do the characters work together?

If they're working together you have to wonder how these three different people ended up together, but I noticed that in the trailers Michael was talking to a psychiatrist and one of the other characters mentioned his shrink. Maybe that's the common factor?

They all end up coming together to pull off big heists (so although they may start out separate, eventually all the stories merge into one with three different perspectives that you can hop between freely). Michael and Trevor are old friends and were partners in crime back in the day, while Michael meets Franklin on the streets and take him under his wing.

And honestly, I personally took Trevor talking about seeing a shrink as a joke, mocking the idea/Michael's seeing one. He doesn't seem the type to see a psychiatrist/psychologist, and based on the second game trailer, he does joke around like that.

That all said, I've always seen myself playing a lot as Michael, and these trailers haven't changed that. :)

DEG23 05-01-2013 06:33 AM

Trevor looks so over the top that he's actually coming off boring. Honestly don't care about him or his story.

Michael and Franklin look like they're going to have interesting stories, to be honest Franklin looks too much like CJ and his story so i'm looking forward to learning more about Michael.

k2345 05-01-2013 08:52 AM

Just looking over Michael's trailer again, Notice the part at 0:27 - 0:32 is that him catching someone sleeping with his wife ? or is there a 2nd daughter who we have just seen, then again this could just be a random mission in the game. Also I'm amazed at the woman's facial reactions when she says "don't kill him", it seems like R* have put a bit of the facial technology from LA Noire into this :D

Ninja Eagle 05-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2345 (Post 5743866)
Just looking over Michael's trailer again, Notice the part at 0:27 - 0:32 is that him catching someone sleeping with his wife ? or is there a 2nd daughter who we have just seen, then again this could just be a random mission in the game. Also I'm amazed at the woman's facial reactions when she says "don't kill him", it seems like R* have put a bit of the facial technology from LA Noire into this :D

I'd imagine it was another daughter. She looks too young to be his wife (and a little bit fatter).

JuSt BLaZe 05-01-2013 11:38 AM

Dayum just saw that on WSHH and gotta say FRANKLIN ALL THE MOTHERFUCKING WAY, shit yeah can't wait!!!

Frasr 05-01-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5742517)

Michael looks like he got plastic surgary from the last trailer.

Yeah, he looks much better than in the previous trailer
They've definitely improved his eyes

Top image: New trailer
Bottom image: Old trailer
http://i.imgur.com/Dyws7VS.jpg



I think I'm gonna enjoy playing as Trevor the most.
Michael looks cool too.
not that excited about Franklin, to be honest

DarkZ0m 05-01-2013 04:13 PM

Trevor was the best one out of the 3. :p

xXmyxxmastaXx 05-01-2013 05:36 PM

is it me or does michael sound weird?

jswartz0181 05-01-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle (Post 5743963)
I'd imagine it was another daughter. She looks too young to be his wife (and a little bit fatter).

1.) She's something of a gold digger/trophy wife, so there's really no such thing as too young.
2.) She doesn't look THAT young. Or fatter (only "appears" that way because her hair is a mess and she's only wearing a towel).
3.) I hear the same voice as in Trevor's trailer (only she's talking not screaming).
4.) The scene before we see her playing tennis, so I'd imagine the guy is that tennis instructor/friend whom that kind of wife character always is sleeping with/suspected of sleeping with.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 05-01-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frasr (Post 5744369)

yeah he looks like a baby

Barad 05-01-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frasr (Post 5744369)
Yeah, he looks much better than in the previous trailer
They've definitely improved his eyes

Top image: New trailer
Bottom image: Old trailer
http://i.imgur.com/Dyws7VS.jpg



I think I'm gonna enjoy playing as Trevor the most.
Michael looks cool too.
not that excited about Franklin, to be honest

New Michael looks like an actor I know but I just can't put my hand on the name really annoying!

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 05-01-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5744679)
New Michael looks like an actor I know but I just can't put my hand on the name really annoying!

Mark Wright?

xXmyxxmastaXx 05-01-2013 10:02 PM

ray liotta?

InsaneKane87 05-01-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frasr (Post 5744369)
Yeah, he looks much better than in the previous trailer
They've definitely improved his eyes

I think they did more to just his eyes. His whole face looks smoother too, also like he lost some weight. Did they do anything to Franklin or Trevor? Maybe it's just me, but Trevor looked a bit different too than the previous trailer.

I loved all three, I'm not picky when it comes to much so I will enjoy playing all three. The music alone in the trailers were great. Music in Michael's trailer made me think of Vice City where the people in the club were dancing dressed up as the Village People. Music in.. well anything Franklin makes me think of SA and Trevor makes me think of anything GTA+Chaos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5744679)
New Michael looks like an actor I know but I just can't put my hand on the name really annoying!

New/old Michael still looks like Ned Luke to me. Not sure if this helps?

http://www.igta5.com/images/gta-5-ma...y-ned-luke.jpg

Barad 05-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX (Post 5744771)
Mark Wright?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx (Post 5744943)
ray liotta?

No but I can definitely see the similarities between these actors. The guy I have in my mind was popular in the 80's, would not remember by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 (Post 5745120)

New/old Michael still looks like Ned Luke to me. Not sure if this helps?

http://www.igta5.com/images/gta-5-ma...y-ned-luke.jpg


Damn they do look almost identical.

Annalie 05-08-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5751421)
No but I can definitely see the similarities between these actors. The guy I have in my mind was popular in the 80's, would not remember by now.




Damn they do look almost identical.

Wait!!! that's not the guy that lent his face to Rock*? well damn...

DxxxRules 05-08-2013 05:35 AM

I think Franklin looks like Andre Bishop from Fight Night Champion


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.