XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2465)
-   -   What's your excitement level for this game? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471362)

Barad 05-09-2013 10:45 PM

What's your excitement level for this game?
 
After reading the recently added huge batch of info in the game details thread, I'm now even more ecstatic for this game, sort of like never been this excited for anything, ever before. :p A 10 from me, of course!

MyNameIsWill 05-09-2013 10:47 PM

I'm going to replay GTA IV again, completing everything I can until 17.9.13

InsaneKane87 05-09-2013 11:02 PM

10+ Without a doubt and anyone who dares to vote number 1 I'm gonna shove my boot so far up your... :p

I agree with MyNameIsWill, I may just do the SP for the hell of it since the MP is about dead. Or, hook up my ps2 and play some SA.

I'll probably be googling for new news everyday, having dreams of playing this (which happened with IV), stuck like glue on these forums reading every delicious post.

Awesome thread btw, B A R 4 D.

Jack Frost 05-09-2013 11:27 PM

I'm still looking more forward to Watch_Dogs, really.

But I'm definitely playing GTAV.

BiggD 05-09-2013 11:53 PM

10+

In all honesty, as much as I want Destiny and Watch_Dogs...GTA V will be so much more exciting and fun!!!

I haven't been as excited for a game in a long ass time!

Barad 05-09-2013 11:57 PM

Whoever rated this thread 5 stars, nice one. x :p

But I'm with you guys with Watch Dogs, that game is a single % behind my excitement for this. Just been waiting too long for another GTA and there's only 129 days left! :Bounce: More importantly we don't have to wait for it on the Nextbox!

BiggD 05-10-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5762611)
I'm with you guys with Watch Dogs, that game is a single % behind my excitement for this. Just been waiting too long for another GTA and there's only 129 days left! :Bounce: More importantly we don't have to wait for it on the Nextbox!

Agreed! I'm going to wait and get Watch_Dogs for next-gen anyways.

Barad 05-10-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5762617)
Agreed! I'm going to wait and get Watch_Dogs for next-gen anyways.

Yupp no point getting it twice, when you can get it on the more advanced console.

DarkZ0m 05-10-2013 12:37 AM

I gave it a 9 only because I'm more excited for Dark souls 2, but still, GTA V is going to be amazing.

Deadsea 18 05-10-2013 05:07 AM

Im at a 10. Lol at the first opption. If someone dosent care why are they at the GTA V forums ;)

This game will be my GOTY 2013 for sure. Like im shaking with excitment right now !!!!!

Last time I was this excited was before GTA IV was coming out in a few days

ModernSith2010 05-10-2013 09:46 AM

Seriously who are the 2 people who put they are not interested at all, if that is the case what the hell are they doing in the GTA V forum if they are not interested or excited at all.

For me this and Watch Dogs both get 10/10 for excitement and interest.

Barad 05-10-2013 11:01 AM

Haters are all around the forums unfortunately lads. :rolleyes:

k2345 05-10-2013 01:11 PM

I'm at about 7, I would love to see some gameplay rather than cutscenes and thankfully I have a back catalogue of games to get through so I should be distracted enough to have it surprise me when it does get released.

That being said I hope we get some official conformation as to what we might get in the Limited edition of the game

BiggD 05-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2345 (Post 5763360)
That being said I hope we get some official conformation as to what we might get in the Limited edition of the game

If there even is one!

Barad 05-10-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5763464)
If there even is one!

Hey don't jinx it, there HAS to be one!

Rivercurse 05-10-2013 04:19 PM

I've only ever been a 10 about 1 game in my life I think, but I'd give myself a solid 8 for this one. Maybe even a 9 after the last 3 trailers.

SNIPERUPHIGH 05-10-2013 04:21 PM

I get a weird feeling in me gut that i have not had since teenage when looking at screen shots or trailers of this game

its gonna be good

Deadsea 18 05-10-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIPERUPHIGH (Post 5763663)
I get a weird feeling in me gut that i have not had since teenage when looking at screen shots or trailers of this game

its gonna be good

Same thing with me.

Only paying full price for Dead Island Riptide and GTA V this year. I haven't paid full retail price for a game since Fallout New Vegas back in 2010.

I rented Riptide LOVED IT. But nothing NOTHING!!!!!!!! can come close to my excitment for GTA V. If I was married and a baby was on the way my excitment wouldn't even be as close to GTA V:p

Barad 05-10-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 (Post 5763997)

If I was married and a baby was on the way my excitment wouldn't even be as close to GTA V:p

Okay now I'm just worried..

Veedrock 05-10-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 (Post 5763177)
Seriously who are the 2 people who put they are not interested at all, if that is the case what the hell are they doing in the GTA V forum if they are not interested or excited at all.

One of them right here. Believe it or not I didn't go out of my way to get to this topic, it just came up under New Posts.

You ask why come here to vote 1, I ask why have a 1 option if you can't choose it. Shit.

Barad 05-10-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5764069)
One of them right here. Believe it or not I didn't go out of my way to get to this topic, it just came up under New Posts.

You ask why come here to vote 1, I ask why have a 1 option if you can't choose it. Shit.

You truely don't care for GTA? That makes me :(.

BiggD 05-10-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 (Post 5763997)
... If I was married and a baby was on the way my excitment wouldn't even be as close to GTA V...

A video game excites you more than a newborn baby of your own? Well that's just odd...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5764069)
One of them right here. Believe it or not I didn't go out of my way to get to this topic, it just came up under New Posts.

You ask why come here to vote 1, I ask why have a 1 option if you can't choose it. Shit.

Veed, I am disappointed. Who does not enjoy the open-world, action-adventure entertainment GTA brings to its audience?

UltimateGamerMD 05-10-2013 10:28 PM

GTA V is going to be awesome. I can't wait for it. I have mine preordered already.

Veedrock 05-11-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5764076)
You truely don't care for GTA? That makes me :(.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5764109)
Veed, I am disappointed. Who does not enjoy the open-world, action-adventure entertainment GTA brings to its audience?

I just don't find it enjoyable anymore. When I was younger I had fun with Vice City, but being older I don't find any fun in mindless mayhem. I need to be working towards something, it's boring to run around with no real objective. Now obviously there are missions and certain filler things like Hidden Objects, but that's not nearly enough to hook me in. I can't even get into RDR :(

Speaking of RDR, my vote for 1 may have been a bit premature because I loved the multiplayer of RDR, and I have no idea what they're doing for multiplayer in this game. Hopefully it's not like GTAIV as I was completely numb to the multiplayer free roam there. If GTAV offers great co-op free roam stuff then I would definitely be more interested in the game, but it's still not enough to bump me to the higher numbers as this would never be a Day 1 purchase.

Rockstar games aren't the only culprit of this though. I ended up dropping out the Assassin's Creed series because they became way too open for my liking, literally only sticking to the story missions in AC2 and ACB. Fallout 3 was hard to get into because wandering the Wasteland was freaking monotonous, if it wasn't for the straightforward quests I never would have done as much as I did. Clearly the open world genre isn't for me.

There's my long-winded explanation behind my vote :o

BiggD 05-11-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5764614)
I just don't find it enjoyable anymore. When I was younger I had fun with Vice City, but being older I don't find any fun in mindless mayhem. I need to be working towards something, it's boring to run around with no real objective.

If GTAV offers great co-op free roam stuff then I would definitely be more interested in the game, but it's still not enough to bump me to the higher numbers as this would never be a Day 1 purchase.

Rockstar games aren't the only culprit of this though...Clearly the open world genre isn't for me.

There's my long-winded explanation behind my vote :o

Well now I can understand. Sometimes in the AC series, I get more bored than I am having fun, and even when playing other Open-World games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 3, it felt more like a chore than fun. But GTA IV never really felt too boring to me (nor did Fallout, although walking the wastelands of both games will get annoying sometimes), so I have no doubt GTA V will be entertaining!

Barad 05-11-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5765272)
Well now I can understand. Sometimes in the AC series, I get more bored than I am having fun, and even when playing other Open-World games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 3, it felt more like a chore than fun. But GTA IV never really felt too boring to me (nor did Fallout, although walking the wastelands of both games will get annoying sometimes), so I have no doubt GTA V will be entertaining!

I feel the same way. Normally, after a certain amount of time in an open world game I feel it getting boring and pointless to continue playing, but I've played GTA IV so much in the past that I feel like I could play it forever and never grow bored of it. The best part of the game being the freeroam online with friends.

Axel Desade 05-12-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5765471)
I feel the same way. Normally, after a certain amount of time in an open world game I feel it getting boring and pointless to continue playing, but I've played GTA IV so much in the past that I feel like I could play it forever and never grow bored of it. The best part of the game being the freeroam online with friends.

I definitely felt that boredom creep up in SR3 and FC3, I think it'll be fine in V though, I only rarely get bored of IV, and that only lasts for a month or two at most. With V having a, to my understanding, much larger map than IV as well as loads of new features I feel like this is the only game I'll need for quite some time.

BiggD 05-12-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5765471)
I feel the same way. Normally, after a certain amount of time in an open world game I feel it getting boring and pointless to continue playing, but I've played GTA IV so much in the past that I feel like I could play it forever and never grow bored of it. The best part of the game being the freeroam online with friends.

Ahh, free roam with friends! I miss those days. My friends and I would just cruise around for 1-3 hour(s) hitting jumps, racing on the highways and other stupid shit.

It's such a real shame 3 out of my 4 friends who I played GTA IV with don't even game anymore :( It's just gonna be a duo of my friend and I fucking around in V.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axel Desade (Post 5765596)
I definitely felt that boredom creep up in SR3 and FC3, I think it'll be fine in V though, I only rarely get bored of IV, and that only lasts for a month or two at most.

I think the problem with boredom coming in while playing Far Cry 3 had to do with the actual story. While the free roaming, environment and combat was great...the plot/storyline fell short as soon as you kill off the main baddie - who was fucking awesome. They promoted him so much throughout, and he ended up being insignificant halfway through he game. WTF?

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 05-12-2013 02:19 AM

the over 9000 option is missing...

Ninja Eagle 05-12-2013 09:53 AM

So excited. The thing that gets me hooked is the map size, it's huge! Can't wait to get a nice car and just fucking DRIVE. Seriously, I haven't been this excited for a game ever.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.