XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Conan (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=819)
-   -   My Strategy to killing Graven.. (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49254)

brosiff 12-19-2007 06:58 AM

My Strategy to killing Graven..

Took me 7 hours to complete this game on normal mode. The bosses to the end are just ridiculous. The last boss, Graven, is just utterly stupid. Killing him is so simple, mostly use roll to dodge then Y attacks. When he stretches out in like a half circle, maybe wait a split second before using roll, as he makes spikes come from right underneath you. You can block most of his attacks except for the red and yellow ones..like some other enemies. But when you get to the next part...my oh my..He starts spinning in circles in the middle and shoots out tentacles that go around in circles on the floor and in the air. Those black mud creatures are so annoying when your trying to dodge the tentacles. Gotta have a lot of patient with the last boss. Once you crank the gear the first time the black mud monsters appear on both sides of you, so press trigger button again to get out and waste the creatures. My strategy was throwing whatever was on the ground at the black mud creatures while jumping the tentacles. Tried to face the black mud dudes 1 vs 1 and either do grab moves or regular combos while carefully watching for tentacles as they come around in a circle somewhat randomly shooting out from Graven. Once all the black mud creatures stopped popping up, I slowly made my way to the crank and pressed x madly until the tentacles came again. Jumping the tentacles again and once they all disappear again I would crank it up until that blue marker reaches. This whole process repeats 2 or 3 times..can't remember, but the black mud creatures do eventually stop popping up so kill them first then crank it up. Hope this helps.

urryhup 12-22-2007 11:41 PM

Graven is the most boring boss battle I've ever played!

Rioto 02-04-2008 09:30 AM

tried to kill the fucker on hard. impossible.

soulcraftnj 02-05-2008 12:53 PM

I just beat this last night. The method I used for the mud men on every other part of the fight is to just grab and body slam them. As its going through the animation of slamming the mudman, it makes you recieve no damage from Gravens tentacles. Then the battle with Graven himself is just like you said, wait for his attack, roll in w/ right stick, get off two "y" button heavy hits, roll away. Rinse, Repeat. Not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Keep in mind I played on normal as well.

itsmeFAMOUS 02-07-2008 11:30 PM

Im playing on hard mode thinking i could make it, I cant for the life of me get passed that medusa thing so im gonna start over on an easier mode! Damn cant imagine what king mode is like!

killthemall4444 02-08-2008 01:36 AM

I can say with the utmost certainty that the last boss fight in Conan is undoubtedly the worst to ever make it into a videogame. Just unbelievably retarded and impossibly hard in every way.

Turonel 02-08-2008 02:19 PM

This fight was actually very easy on king mode...when he starts spinning around just use the void spell right behind the wheel u have to turn and stand there and jump his arms...the void spell will take care of all of the ooze guys (this is assuming you are using the armor power cheat...if your not using it...shame on you)

Low Beau 02-08-2008 07:44 PM

some more tips on Graven. I just beat him on King mode without losing any health, so take these tips or leave 'em.

During the fist to fist combat part:
you should NEVER have to press LT, just roll a lot. You'll learn his attacks. He takes forever to set any of his moves up. The thing to keep in mind is that right after he attacks run in and press Y ONCE, hit him only once, because if you hit him twice he'll do his under the ground crap and you'll lose half of your energy bar. The only time I could safely get more than one hit on him was after he set his under-the-ground move up, jump over his spikes directly at him (good luck thanks to the camera) then pound him with Y twice. After every attack you make quickly roll back away from him and wait until he attacks again. then run back at him. repeat times a million

During the tentacles part:
Press the RB to initiate the wheel, then press RB again to let off. Quickly throw up a Void and take off running around the circle in the same way that Graven is spinning. Jump when you have to to avoid his tentacles of course. By the time you make it back around to the wheel Graven will have dropped his attack. If the Void helped you any then have a go at the wheel again. If you don't have the Armor Power Cheat enabled you should be good to go anyways because the MudMen should be on the opposite side of Graven. Just do ONE turn of it, NEVER let Conan go into the press 'Y' animation! Then run another lap. Repeat until the sucker's dead.

Using this method the only parts you'll have to worry about are the friggin 'press the certain button prompts' and the nice 3d camera for a 2d fight on a f'n circle! JESUS they didn't have any testers for this game.

The one thing you might want to have set up prior to this whole fight is to have your Backbreaker and Piledriver maxed out. Both will give you health every time you kill a MudMan with them.

Good luck guys.

Rioto 02-11-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Beau (Post 630320)
some more tips on Graven. I just beat him on King mode without losing any health, so take these tips or leave 'em.

During the fist to fist combat part:
you should NEVER have to press LT, just roll a lot. You'll learn his attacks. He takes forever to set any of his moves up. The thing to keep in mind is that right after he attacks run in and press Y ONCE, hit him only once, because if you hit him twice he'll do his under the ground crap and you'll lose half of your energy bar. The only time I could safely get more than one hit on him was after he set his under-the-ground move up, jump over his spikes directly at him (good luck thanks to the camera) then pound him with Y twice. After every attack you make quickly roll back away from him and wait until he attacks again. then run back at him. repeat times a million

During the tentacles part:
Press the RB to initiate the wheel, then press RB again to let off. Quickly throw up a Void and take off running around the circle in the same way that Graven is spinning. Jump when you have to to avoid his tentacles of course. By the time you make it back around to the wheel Graven will have dropped his attack. If the Void helped you any then have a go at the wheel again. If you don't have the Armor Power Cheat enabled you should be good to go anyways because the MudMen should be on the opposite side of Graven. Just do ONE turn of it, NEVER let Conan go into the press 'Y' animation! Then run another lap. Repeat until the sucker's dead.

Using this method the only parts you'll have to worry about are the friggin 'press the certain button prompts' and the nice 3d camera for a 2d fight on a f'n circle! JESUS they didn't have any testers for this game.

The one thing you might want to have set up prior to this whole fight is to have your Backbreaker and Piledriver maxed out. Both will give you health every time you kill a MudMan with them.

Good luck guys.

ive use the same way to kill this bitch on hard. I died twice ( stupid mistakes ) but in overall it was easy to do.

nfgmusicPaul 02-13-2008 07:57 AM

but you have to kill oil men 4 times. I filled up before this stage on blue runes so I had 8 bars of them. I didn't use the void power until the last time, ran around and used it again until all of the oil men were gone. Then I could focus on the wheel alone. There may have been 2 oil men left though.
The only hard part is running around in circles leading the first 3 sets of oil men away from the wheel.

Dany1981Mtl 02-12-2013 04:31 AM

I had no problem killing Graven on Hard. I died a couple of times though but not as much as when I fought against Bone Cleaver 2 on Hard.

For Graven, i used the the huge two handed sword only and pressed Y 1-2 times every time while rolling or jumping from his attacks. For the tentacle parts, I simply rotated the gear a little bit each time, otherwise, I ran in a circle at the same direction as Graven. When I reached the gear again, the black oil men were at the other side of the gear so i had plenty of time to rotate the gear. :)

I just beated Hard mode today, by the way and I already started King mode with all 3 cheats enabled :D. I am at the first boss (Bone Cleaver)