XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   400 Days (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3194)
-   -   Rock paper siccors achievement (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502324)

el_pieablo 07-05-2013 10:20 PM

Rock paper siccors achievement
 
Anyone having trouble getting this one? Tired it few times and can quite get it right

Inebriated Jedi 07-05-2013 10:25 PM

It's completely random. Keep trying.

Redemption Mode 07-05-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_pieablo (Post 5877894)
Anyone having trouble getting this one? Tired it few times and can quite get it right

Just keep at it. When you've realized that you just lose, pause the game and go back to the Main Menu. Reload your game and you'll be at the area where Eddie is turning onto the foggy dirt road.

All of the choices, whether it's Rock, Paper or Scissors, Eddie will choose a different one each time, so there's no real pattern to follow... :(

Mr Yac 07-05-2013 10:42 PM

took me at least a dozen times, really wish it would've saved right after you hit the body instead of making you replay the whole drive over and over

Andre16182 07-05-2013 10:54 PM

Yes, I am. It's getting me a bit irritated because if you don't win the game of Rock/Paper/Scissors with Eddie, then you have to redo your choices over again that you did after turning into the foggy dirt road.

Edit: I got this achievement shortly after this post. All I can say is, is that this is completely luck-based as I'm sure some of you already know. It may irritate you as it did me, but if you keep trying you'll eventually get it, hopefully. Good luck to those who are still trying to get this achievement!

Nevander 07-06-2013 12:51 AM

I must have been lucky because I got it first try.

First roll I picked paper, Eddie picked rock. WIN.
Second roll I picked rock, Eddie picked rock. TIE.
Last roll I picked scissors, Eddie picked paper. WIN.

2/3

Eddie then made a remark about "who picks scissors." lol

Pederz 07-06-2013 01:05 AM

I got it first time, can't remember what i picked but i won first 2 games. Next time i went through i lost, Eddy won the 1st game then we drew for about 4 games both picking paper 3 times, rock once then Eddy won. Really didn't notice a pattern in it so can see how some will find this frustrating to get without messing about your story choices by the end

Kailon791 07-06-2013 01:27 AM

I hate this achievement so much. On my 4th try right now. Wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to reload so far back. And I also missed it my first time around so now I have to replay another chapter and epilogue to get my save game back because I had to rewind. There was a reason I liked the achievements just being for finishing the game, they let you focus on the story.

bs000 07-06-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kailon791 (Post 5878141)
I hate this achievement so much. On my 4th try right now. Wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to reload so far back. And I also missed it my first time around so now I have to replay another chapter and epilogue to get my save game back because I had to rewind. There was a reason I liked the achievements just being for finishing the game, they let you focus on the story.

You could've just started a new game in a separate save slot instead of rewinding. You can choose which chapter to start on so it would've taken the same amount of time without affecting your original save.

General Boredom 07-06-2013 08:26 AM

I hate this achievement.

Four tries and nothing. It wouldn't be so bad if you could skip dialogue; no idea why they didn't include that option.

el_pieablo 07-06-2013 08:47 AM

Got it finally after 5 tries. Seems like its random what the other guy picks, but try all 3 and if it goes to a tie, then pick the one that you havent already used

Bobbe 07-06-2013 09:31 AM

it took me like an hour.. fuck :(

Minarvia 07-06-2013 11:12 AM

This is why, my friends that I HATE lucked based achievements. You can get on your first try or spent the rest of your live trying to get.

bs000 07-06-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minarvia (Post 5878735)
This is why, my friends that I HATE lucked based achievements. You can get on your first try or spent the rest of your live trying to get.

I wanted to see the alternate path in this part of the story so I kept trying to lose but somehow spent an hour going on an insane winning streak instead.

rymajn 07-06-2013 01:52 PM

Wow. I guess I was pretty lucky that I got it my first try. I just went with Rock two times in a row and won.

Frasr 07-06-2013 02:02 PM

Got it 2nd attempt, he seemed to always pick Rock first

Dannyb0yUK 07-06-2013 03:29 PM

Wow, guess I got lucky. I was wondering whether you can lose, since there have been no previous 'missable' achievements... I lost the first turn, won the second, tied the third and fourth, then won on the fifth (playing the same as the two ties). I feel for those of you having to re-do it :(

Mortal Machado 07-06-2013 04:52 PM

Got it 1st try. :)

XxStuartxX 1990 07-06-2013 06:19 PM

I got it first try, I'm a bit disappointed that they went away from the auto 100%, that was one of the games charms, you didn't have to even think about achievements.

TriRock 07-06-2013 07:06 PM

I just stuck to my trusty rock and got it on my first try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxStuartxX 1990 (Post 5879149)
I got it first try, I'm a bit disappointed that they went away from the auto 100%, that was one of the games charms, you didn't have to even think about achievements.

I agree.

MoldyClay87 07-06-2013 08:40 PM

First time I failed, let it go that way for my story.

Replayed a copy/rewind to get the achievement and got it first try. I chose Scissors twice, then rock. Win.

jedijaxpavan 07-07-2013 12:04 AM

Got it on my first try. I pick rock twice and he picked scissors twice.

Buruma 07-07-2013 05:40 PM

I usually have absolutely abysmal luck when it comes to achievements like these but I got this one on my 2nd try. First time around I got a little trigger happy and accidentally selected 'Abstain'...

Suedon70 07-08-2013 11:09 AM

Tried three times and still can't get it - I think I'll try the rock two times in a row next time

H2O 07-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanOrtizSr (Post 5877909)
All of the choices, whether it's Rock, Paper or Scissors, Eddie will choose a different one each time, so there's no real pattern to follow...

Me & Eddie picked the same option 4 times in a row when I got this (on my one and only attempt) :eek:

I didn't look at the achievement list first so didn't even realise it was miss-able.

JohnXJericho 07-08-2013 04:51 PM

Managed to luckily get it on my first time with Paper, Rock, Sissors as the choices..

amacteur 07-09-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevander (Post 5878105)
I must have been lucky because I got it first try.

I also got it on my first try. I picked rock everytime... :p

Redemption Mode 07-09-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2O (Post 5881653)
Me & Eddie picked the same option 4 times in a row when I got this (on my one and only attempt) :eek:

I didn't look at the achievement list first so didn't even realise it was miss-able.

Nice!

I'm not sure of the rest of you guys but I really enjoyed the not-so-straight Achievements for this game (you know, the missable ones). It was a nice change up by TellTale Games.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

thacent 07-10-2013 02:40 PM

Got it on my first try :)

Suedon70 07-11-2013 02:29 AM

Finally got it on my 5th try! Chose paper every time, tied with Eddie 3 times, won twice....


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.