XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wolfenstein (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=905)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50502)

Krazie 12-30-2007 06:37 AM

Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread! Thread will be unlocked once the achievements are officially revealed.

dktobey 07-16-2009 06:34 PM

OMG 146 achievements worth 3000 Gamerscore

Crazy.. :P

Paladin 07-16-2009 06:39 PM

No, it looks like there is about 49 achievements. If you didn't notice each achievement is listed multiple times.

dktobey 07-16-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin (Post 2170291)
No, it looks like there is about 49 achievements. If you didn't notice each achievement is listed multiple times.

oh yeah.. you right!

ovoon7 07-16-2009 10:32 PM

these achievements suck. all multiplayer, and the few campaign ones are both crazy and give hardly any points. A difficult 1000 most likely. Beating the game gets you 10 points :(

ThaFireman 07-16-2009 10:45 PM

Look like fun and challenging achievements to me.

SvD.HaZe 07-17-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovoon7 (Post 2170968)
these achievements suck. all multiplayer, and the few campaign ones are both crazy and give hardly any points. A difficult 1000 most likely. Beating the game gets you 10 points :(

^ I agree, these achievements arent very good

Paladin 07-17-2009 12:41 AM

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem with the achievements. The SP look challenging and the multi ones you just get for playing...

valiant 07-17-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin (Post 2171321)
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't have a problem with the achievements. The SP look challenging and the multi ones you just get for playing...

toooooo many multiplayer achievements probably give it a miss

catziIIa 07-17-2009 01:28 AM

I was let down by these achievements but I'm still gonna get it. I'll just have to put more effort into the multiplayer achievements.

HalfEVILmonkey 07-17-2009 03:26 AM

They can take these hard achievements and GFT. I have gears 2 to keep me occupied with that. If they had been some reasonable achievements I would have picked the game up...but now I give this game the dolphin (eh-eh....eh-eh)

A 2rue boofer 07-17-2009 04:54 AM

Thank god there are a lot og mp achievements More reason to play it all day :)

Paladin 07-17-2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey (Post 2171723)
They can take these hard achievements and GFT. I have gears 2 to keep me occupied with that. If they had been some reasonable achievements I would have picked the game up...but now I give this game the dolphin (eh-eh....eh-eh)

So what you're saying is because a game has challenging achievements, you would keep from playing it no matter how great it is? You don't even know what it's like but because the achievements are "hard" you won't play it? That is downright rediculous.

casper018 07-17-2009 07:47 AM

I love wolfenstein, but this is one of the most terrible list of achievements if seen in a while!!!!!!

NightWolf 07-17-2009 11:53 AM

Way too many mp achievements. Won't get it now.
Those ruin almost every game for me.

Tokyo Lee 07-17-2009 03:24 PM

Achievements Dont Look Hard Just Alot Of MP Ones And May Take Time To Reach Rank 50 Thats About It,And It Blows That You Get 15points For Rank 50 I Guess Its Easy To Rank Up, But Ill Pick It Up And Work Hard And try To Earn 1000

Xel 07-17-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Lee (Post 2173239)
Achievements Dont Look Hard Just Alot Of MP Ones And May Take Time To Reach Rank 50 Thats About It,And It Blows That You Get 15points For Rank 50 I Guess Its Easy To Rank Up, But Ill Pick It Up And Work Hard And try To Earn 1000

the achievements for MP are really easy. I mean theres 8 just for winning a game on each map.

The SP achievements are harder obviously.

What did you expect wolfenstein is a franchise that revolves a lot around their multiplayer.

Levex817 07-18-2009 12:46 AM

I'm just wondering what its gonna take to achieve a rank 50 on this game. Could something thats gonna take a lot of time off of my hands.

Angel Fire 42 07-18-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xel (Post 2174135)
the achievements for MP are really easy. I mean theres 8 just for winning a game on each map.

The SP achievements are harder obviously.

What did you expect wolfenstein is a franchise that revolves a lot around their multiplayer.

Strange that you say that Wolfenstein revolves around multiplayer. Wolfenstein was separate from Territory. I have the Platinum Edition and the are two entirely different games. They should have kept the same format for this as like Steam did for Half Life and Team Fortress. Than all you MP people could go wild all by your selves leaving us to our SP game.

Xel 07-18-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel Fire 42 (Post 2176041)
Strange that you say that Wolfenstein revolves around multiplayer. Wolfenstein was separate from Territory. I have the Platinum Edition and the are two entirely different games. They should have kept the same format for this as like Steam did for Half Life and Team Fortress. Than all you MP people could go wild all by your selves leaving us to our SP game.

I think youre confusing yourself. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was released in 2001 and had a SP component developed by grey matter(Now Treyarch, developer of CoD3/5), and a Multiplayer component developed by Nerve Software.

The multiplayer was a giant hit, so much so that they released a version for the xbox in 2003. It ended up being the most played game on XBL for quite some time, and got very positive reviews for its MP component. A version for the ps2 came out also, but only had single player because psn wasnt really that big back then.

Then in 2003, splash damage(Guys who worked on enemy territory: quake wars and are now working on brink with bethesda games) worked on a expansion pack for PC to RTCW, they named it Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This was meant to be a full retail release, but they could never finish the SP so it released for free as a MP only title.

RTCW AND RTCW:ET Both had multiplayer.

MrBubbles89 07-18-2009 10:04 PM

As far as the multiplayer achievements go, can any of them be done on unranked/player matches?

I would only assume that the Rank 25 and Rank 50 achievements (if those are the numbers in the description) would need ranked matches.

PandaPups 07-19-2009 09:13 AM

Ok, if they want to make mp achivments it is ok, but the sp achivments are totaly boring.... everyone the same...
still i hope that the network code is better as call of juarez i have already a shit ping.

i'm mad about this achivments :mad:

Sonic Avenger 07-20-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valiant (Post 2171351)
toooooo many multiplayer achievements probably give it a miss

I agree. Too many multiplayer achievements. Still worth a play though.

Lee71 07-20-2009 05:54 AM

agree.
i wanted this game bad. looked cool. they can pound snow!

these multi's make me angry. who makes this game? EPIC?

map win achievements and weapon achievements! oooooooh.

balls.

Rocketman9mm 07-20-2009 07:56 AM

bah. I've always disliked the MP grinding achievements. Just blatant bribes to get people to turn away from their cod4's, halo 3's and gears'2 multi and play their likely mediocre at best MP as so many other games have. certainly won't be playing this to get achievements, so looks like this game is getting bought as the PC version for me!

Angel Fire 42 07-22-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xel (Post 2176435)
I think youre confusing yourself. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was released in 2001 and had a SP component developed by grey matter(Now Treyarch, developer of CoD3/5), and a Multiplayer component developed by Nerve Software.

The multiplayer was a giant hit, so much so that they released a version for the xbox in 2003. It ended up being the most played game on XBL for quite some time, and got very positive reviews for its MP component. A version for the ps2 came out also, but only had single player because psn wasnt really that big back then.

Then in 2003, splash damage(Guys who worked on enemy territory: quake wars and are now working on brink with bethesda games) worked on a expansion pack for PC to RTCW, they named it Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This was meant to be a full retail release, but they could never finish the SP so it released for free as a MP only title.

RTCW AND RTCW:ET Both had multiplayer.

OK I stand corrected as I checked the MANUAL for RTCW I see there is MP there. Did play some on the PC but could never really get into the game because no one ever worked together as a team.

mrdaggert 07-23-2009 02:50 PM

Not sure what to say

turok was another game that had to much online achievements but i had fun playing it so i am gonna give it a shot and see

PandaPups 07-24-2009 05:14 AM

when i want to play online i play cod4 or the new one....

Aphrodite1 07-24-2009 06:34 PM

Shame there's so many MP cheevos on this, I wish more points were on offer for the SP. I mean completing the game on Uber is going to be tough and the reward for that is pretty shit.

Now I played RTCW and RTCW:ET on the PC 6 or so years ago and both SP and MP were excellent. But my concern is the sad reality of the MP situation for Wolfenstein is that the majority of FPS gamers are going to move to COD6 when that is out (not long after Wolfenstein release). Unless the MP is really kickass and can emulate the brilliance of RTCW:ET and can give COD a run for its money, the MP will just resort into a boosting session.

Brockxz 08-09-2009 05:41 AM

So it's gonna be 2 monthes max multiplaying this and then everyone will abandon Wolfenstain for MW2 and it will be hard to get any matches at all. Poor sad developers for thinking that they can actually compete with games like CoD, Halo and GoW with their multiplayer part of game. Why not to focus on different single player approach to give more replayability to it? They never learn from their and other developer mistakes.
Still i will take at least game's PC version to play single player campaign and maybe see a little bit of multiplayer.