XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Clash in the Clouds (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3245)
-   -   weird splicer easter egg/glitch? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508467)

Mr Yac 07-31-2013 03:37 AM

weird splicer easter egg/glitch?
 
so I bought everything in the museum and when I went back to it there is a puddle of water Elizabeth can pull through, and when you summon it there is a splicer in it who jumps out at you, weather he hits you or you hit him the game then cuts to the infinite title and you're back at the main menu... very odd

All Regent 07-31-2013 04:18 AM

Yeah I found this too. The infinite title also comes up like after 5 seconds even if you don't damage him.

I think it is there to be like an allusion to the next DLC where you are going back to Rapture.

JuSt BLaZe 07-31-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Yac (Post 5913887)
so I bought everything in the museum and when I went back to it there is a puddle of water Elizabeth can pull through, and when you summon it there is a splicer in it who jumps out at you, weather he hits you or you hit him the game then cuts to the infinite title and you're back at the main menu... very odd

Funny thing is it's not even auto-saving after that. I bought everything there just to unlock the achievement and shot this fucko, then when I went back I had to buy them all again but didn't do so since I already unlocked the achievement, so I spent the it for weapon-upgrades.

Mr Yac 07-31-2013 07:12 PM

yeah that's why i'm thinking it's broken and not just some advertising for the rapture DLC, and it's weird because now every time Liz just runs straight for the puddle and won't move whenever we're in the main lobby

the real a 0bsolete 08-03-2013 11:16 PM

I also had to buy all the museum stuff again after opening this tear.. to anyone that hasn't gotten this far yet, make sure you save the game (you can save the game by using the book to the left of the vending machines) before you open this tear, or you will lose progress. and for anyone wondering, i tried killing the splicer before he hit me. he never hit me and the game still went to the main menu the same way it does if you don't kill him.

on another note, does the tear near the back of the museum have anything to do with this? i went into that one expecting a plot twist or something, but it didn't seem too out of the ordinary. just a couple of voxophones saying nothing too revealing?

Fiery Phoenix 08-04-2013 10:55 PM

I came across this after collecting all 60 ribbons today. It was weird but funny.

Nevander 08-06-2013 01:52 AM

Definitely a tease for the Burial at Sea DLC. Not sure why it doesn't save for you though.

ThePumpkinKing 08-06-2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 5914234)
Funny thing is it's not even auto-saving after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Yac (Post 5914777)
i'm thinking it's broken

Have neither of you seen a film or tv show end on a cliffhanger? Did you not hear the footsteps and panicked breathing Elizabeth was doing after opening the tear (or notice that she stands by it all of the time once it's there)? This is meant to be the "ending" of this DLC. To build anticipation for Burial. And it doesn't autosave because more than likely that if it did, you couldn't watch it again. Just buy everything there is to buy, then save before opening the tear.

WalterWhite 08-06-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing (Post 5921398)
Have neither of you seen a film or tv show end on a cliffhanger? Did you not hear the footsteps and panicked breathing Elizabeth was doing after opening the tear (or notice that she stands by it all of the time once it's there)? This is meant to be the "ending" of this DLC. To build anticipation for Burial. And it doesn't autosave because more than likely that if it did, you couldn't watch it again. Just buy everything there is to buy, then save before opening the tear.

Glad someone with some sense finally commented on whatever this is. I haven't played the DLC yet (might not) but this sounded interesting to me and all I see about it are complaints. People are more concerned with achievements and save issues than lore around here.

So, thank you.

thenutman69321 08-07-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterWhite (Post 5922478)
People are more concerned with achievements and save issues than lore around here.

It is an achievement site so you can expect that is going to be the main or only concern around here for most.

LickableLemons7 08-07-2013 09:31 PM

Just caught this earlier today. I think you need to beat all the arenas and buy everything in the museum to be able to open the splicer tear in front of the Songbird model. Guess this is a nice treat to whet anticipation for Burial at Sea.

xRelentlessx 08-08-2013 07:21 AM

You don't need to beat all arenas just buy everything in the museum, I unlocked everything just by earning enough cash from a few runs of the ops zeal

WalterWhite 08-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 (Post 5924013)
Just caught this earlier today. I think you need to beat all the arenas and buy everything in the museum to be able to open the splicer tear in front of the Songbird model. Guess this is a nice treat to whet anticipation for Burial at Sea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRelentlessx (Post 5924496)
You don't need to beat all arenas just buy everything in the museum, I unlocked everything just by earning enough cash from a few runs of the ops zeal

Yeah, you need to have all of the arenas completed to get the Splicer tear to appear. I did the same thing as xRelentlessx, just played through the first two arenas, bought everything in the museum and then quit without saving to keep all of my money to buy weapon and Vigor upgrades. I'm still undecided if I'm going to try and complete all of the Blue Ribbon challenges. I'm probably just going to knock out the basic stuff and call it quits, I have too many other games to play to fool around with these challenges right now but I'll see how I feel when I'm done with the last two arenas.

I will say that the game feels about perfect difficulty-wise on the hard setting, once you have some upgrades that is. It's stupid when you start this DLC, rolling in with zero defenses against enemies on hard is not a lot of fun. It's doable but like everyone has said, it gets better as you build up your character. Looking back I wish I would have started the campaign on hard from the beginning.

Jack Frost 08-08-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterWhite (Post 5924938)
...just played through the first two arenas,...

Didja pick it up on the PS3?

WalterWhite 08-08-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 5925174)
Didja pick it up on the PS3?

Yep, my girlfriend wanted to play it before she went back to school so I had to buy the game and the season pass again. I just blasted through the main game and then finished the DLC today. I definitely won't be doing the Blue Ribbon challenges though, it just seems like a pain.

BiggD 08-08-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterWhite (Post 5925196)
Yep, my girlfriend wanted to play it before she went back to school so I had to buy the game and the season pass again. I just blasted through the main game and then finished the DLC today. I definitely won't be doing the Blue Ribbon challenges though, it just seems like a pain.

As much as I hate them, they become less of a pain the more you try. I guess that's with anything though. Since each wave can be completed in well under 2 minutes and there's only ever usually 4-8 enemies per wave, it's nothing too tasking.

The only ribbons that remain difficult no matter how far you upgrade yourself are extremely time-tight situational ones, such as killing someone who is distracted by a decoy tear. Other than that, they're very manageable and don't take too long as stated above.

Of course, avoiding the achievement/trophy all together is probably best on your stress levels.

WalterWhite 08-08-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggD (Post 5925202)
As much as I hate them, they become less of a pain the more you try. I guess that's with anything though. Since each wave can be completed in well under 2 minutes and there's only ever usually 4-8 enemies per wave, it's nothing too tasking.

The only ribbons that remain difficult no matter how far you upgrade yourself are extremely time-tight situational ones, such as killing someone who is distracted by a decoy tear. Other than that, they're very manageable and don't take too long as stated above.

Of course, avoiding the achievement/trophy all together is probably best on your stress levels.

Yeah the whole DLC was pretty easy once you got upgrades, actually it was easy once you unlocked and upgraded Charge. I just don't feel like messing around with all of the challenges right now, I might come back to it later.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.