XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Burial at Sea - Part 1 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3246)
-   -   Speculation about possible connection *Main Game Spoilers* (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513204)

GeneralCurry726 08-14-2013 01:26 AM

Speculation about possible connection *Main Game Spoilers*

I was watching The Patch today (RoosterTeeth's gaming video podcast) and they were speculating as to how Burial at Sea would be connected to Infinite and Bioshock 1. What do you guys think is going to be the connection, if any? Personally, I think that Booker and Elizabeth must be involved in the catastrophe that falls on Rapture somehow. Also, I'm hoping that through a dimensional/timeline sort of thing you find out that Booker is also Andrew Ryan, Fontaine, or Jack. That maybe too much of a stretch though.

Nevander 08-15-2013 06:21 AM

It would be cool if in the Rapture universe, Booker is Fontaine and Elizabeth is Tenenbaum or something. Probably won't happen but interesting thought nonetheless.

Jack Frost 08-15-2013 04:15 PM

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

GeneralCurry726 08-15-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 5934813)

That's why I started this. After I heard that I was somewhat hoping that he is somehow Andrew Ryan as well. Elizabeth becoming Tenenbaum would be cool too. The art of her with the sister and pistol might be a clue!!

Jack Frost 08-16-2013 12:07 AM

I still wish there was going to be a DLC centered around the Lutece twins...

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 08-16-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 (Post 5935319)
That's why I started this. After I heard that I was somewhat hoping that he is somehow Andrew Ryan as well. Elizabeth becoming Tenenbaum would be cool too. The art of her with the sister and pistol might be a clue!!

It kinda seems dull to me. I want another mind fuck please.

BiggD 08-17-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 5935358)
I still wish there was going to be a DLC centered around the Lutece twins...

Me too :( Aside from lovely Elizabeth, they were my favorite characters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX (Post 5936570)
It kinda seems dull to me. I want another mind fuck please.

I conquer. I'm not sure how exactly I want this DLC to be connected, but if they can connect it to BioShock and BioShock Infinite while still giving that twisted ending/plot, I'll be pleased.

Sophia Hyakato 08-23-2013 09:47 AM

In the one release screen shot, Elizabeth is wearing the one outfit she wears in Columbia (just with a different hairstyle). Maybe this is our Columbia Elizabeth before the syphon event happened pre-Booker in Columbia (just going off of Elizabeth's comments at the end where she states she has been to Rapture before.

Either way, majorly excited for this DLC. Hopefully, there is a connection. I think there would have to be for this DLC to make sense as a part of the whole (as in part of Bioshock Infinite).

Emperor 95 08-23-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

it depends when Booker and Elizabeth take their detour there. Rapture was a mess, so it most likely would have been after the events of Bioshock meaning the security lockdown would have been lifted.

SpinelesS 08-25-2013 11:42 AM

I believe its the Elizabeth from Columbia, but the Booker your playing is native to the rapture universe. When you play Elizabeth in the second Episode you will probably return to Columbia near the end, connecting the two.

The AD on the poster threw me a little, but maybe this Booker has also lost a child...

Being a detective in the rapture universe may have given Noir Booker access to the Bathysphere's (maybe you become part of Ryan's inner circle during the episode...) explaining why Columbia Booker was also able to use them at the end of the game.

Quote:

Well, Booker was able to operate the bathysphere which was only suppose to function for those who had Ryan's DNA, so...

No, the Bathysphere's were only supposed to function for those in Ryan's "Inner Circle" but they were faulty and allowed everyone who was related to anyone in the "inner circle" as is mentioned in the following audio diary:

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio diary
"We're putting all the bathyspheres in lockdown until further notice. Ryan had us install some kinda genetic device into the things so only Ryan and his inner circle will be able to use 'em without dispensation. But the boys tell me the keys are pretty unreliable. Sisters, cousins-anybody in the ballpark, genetically, will be able to come and go as they see fit."

Sander Cohan for example could use the Bathysphere's (how else did he get to Olympic Heights from Fort Frolic if you didn't kill him) and I don't believe he was related to Ryan in any way.