XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dynasty Warriors 8 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3190)
-   -   Achievement Guide (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514712)

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 01:09 PM

Achievement Guide
 
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ictureid=16242


Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty:4/10
Offline: 41 (1000:gsicon:)
Online: 0:gsicon:
Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 80h+
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4 Story, 4 Hypothetical routes, Ambition mode, Other story
Missable achievements: None
Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes, you have to play every stage on hardest(Chaos) difficulty
Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None
Extra equipment needed?: None

Credits:
Edgeland (TA)
xX SP4RKZz Xx
Gleylancer
Wynter (from zetaboards/koeiwarriors)
Koei Wiki
きみこ さき (youtube)
BlackDragon
Zhou Tai of Wu

Useful links I use in the guide:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
Youtube
http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/Weapons
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=510130
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=523170

Introduction:
Welcome to the 8th installment of Dynasty Warriors (真・三國無双, Shin Sangokumusō), that is a beat ‘em up based on historical novel Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. These games are really a Love or Hate game as basicly at the end of the day these games are “Do the same thing over and over again add infinite” but still it has grown an amazing fan base! The story is great and really enjoyable struggle between three of biggest armies in China, all looking forward to conquer and unify the land for peace of the people and of course for their own interests. Jin, that was introduced in Dynasty Warriors 7, now has a bigger role in this game to add more to the series. Even if you are not going for the full 1000G I highly recommend this game as it is very fun!

Walkthrough:
There is a ton to do in this game and I kind of recommend that you do what you like but from what I have experienced with this game I have made a little walkthrough of how I would now play this game.

Do every tutorial then start with Ambition mode. Play it some and try to get pretty far facility-wise and always do 3 battles to get a duel where you get more officers and camp symbols. Don’t worry about the character you pick as you can change it. REMEMBER TO START WORKING ON BONDS AS SOON AS YOU GET AN PLAYABLE OFFICER AS YOUR ALLY. I can’t stress this enough. Grinding for bonds is a huge task so you should do everything you can to make it faster.

Then start also playing Story mode. You will be getting tons of weapons and before you know it you will hit the weapon limit (if you don’t sell them often) and then you better watch out as you will soon hit the money limit and this is why you started with Ambition mode as you can now sunk tons of money in the special weapons that you can get from the Blacksmith when it’s at certain level and if you already have the Academy you can start leveling up your officers.
Keep switching between Story and Ambition and if you are having trouble with Story achievements, mainly Hypothetical routes, use this awesome guide:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
Not made by me, all glory goes to Wynter.

After a little while you should be getting close to building Tongquetai.
TIP: WHEN YOUR MERCHANT IS UNDER LVL 50 YOU HAVE A 1:2 RATIO WHEN TRADING WEAPON MATERIALS FOR FACILITY MATERIALS. USE THIS AS YOUR ADVANTAGE TO MAX OUT EVERY FACILITY BEFORE MAXING OUT MERCHANT!
When you have all the camp symbols and Lu Bu is time to make sure Lu Bu is maxed out or at least lvl 99. If you have played any previous Dynasty Warriors games you should know by now that Lu Bu is over-powered. Of course you don’t have to play as him but it’s just usually easier. With lvl 99 Lu Bu who has either lvl 4 or lvl 5 weapon you should go and do the 100 straight battles.

Mop-Up:
After you are done with story modes and have build Tongquetai in your city you probably have a couple of “do this x amounts of times” achievements. Check the achievement guide for these. Rest of your achievements should just be grinding so keep at it and remember to enjoy :D
Good place for skill and kills grinding:
-Yellow Turban Conflict-
Good place for Siege weapon grinding:
-Battle of Baidi Castle (Wei)-
Good place for weapon grinding:
-Assult on Xu Chang (Wei)-
-Capture of Wei (Wei)-

Conclusion:
Dynasty Warriors 8 is easy but very very long grind to get a 1000G but so are most of the Warriors saga games. The game is very beautiful and fun and I recommend it to everyone whether you are going for 1000G or not.


-Achievement Guide-

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-3h7Ag=.jpg True Warrior of the 3 Kingdoms 100:gsicon:
Obtained all achievements.

This achievement unlocks once you have all other achievements.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-7G+AY=.jpg Master of Chaos 60:gsicon:
Completed all of the stages on the "Chaos" difficulty level.

You have to complete every stage on Chaos difficulty. This means every single stage that is listed in the free mode. Chaos mode in this game isn't as hard as it used to be on earlier DW's but remember to watch out for enemy musou attacks as those can still take you out in one hit. Also remember to use interim saves so you don't have to start a stage again from the beginning if you die.

Using level 99 Lu Bu with all stats 1000 (use Academy in Ambition mode to upgrade stats) and 4th or 5th weapon is probably the best character for this but use whoever you are comfortable with.

TIP: Using Fortune Hunter skill helps you get a lot of gold star weapons while going through Chaos.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-0UN9E=.jpg The Birth of a Leader 10:gsicon:
Fought 5 straight battles in Ambition Mode.

Fight 5 straight battles (in a row) in Ambition mode
*Check Unwavering Ambition for more info.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-wYLN8=.jpg The Path of Ambition 30:gsicon:
Fought 20 straight battles in Ambition Mode.

Play 20 straight battles(in a row) in Ambition mode.
*Check Unwavering Ambition for more info.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-8mAJU=.jpg Unwavering Ambition 60:gsicon:
Fought 50 straight battles in Ambition Mode.

You have to play 50 straight battles(in a row) in ambition mode to unlock this. It’s easiest done on beginner difficulty. You don’t have to do them on one sitting but you can’t go to camp in between. If you need to quit you can save between fights and the quit out of the next fight, DON’T EXIT BATTLE AS IT WILL GET YOU BACK TO CITY, JUST QUIT!
After that when you reload it will put you back in the battle select screen and you can continue. Skirmish Battles are the easiest and fastest for this as you can run straight to the main camp to kill the officer.

TIP: You have to fight 100 straight battles to get war elephant for another achievement so keep this in mind.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-wJXzk=.jpg Weapon Collector 30:gsicon:
Obtained all of the weapons in the game.


There are 3 different types of weapons for every officer.

Basic weapons: lvl 1-4 weapons, these can be found in the shop and dropped by officers.

Gold star weapons: lvl 1-3 rare special weapons, these can only be dropped by officers. There is also a Special Weapon shop in Ambition modes blacksmith once you have gotten its level high enough. Emperor's sword which is a 1 gold star sword is acquired when you complete Tongquetai.

5th Weapon: Basicly the characters ultimate weapon. Only obtained by doing certain task in a certain stage with a certain character. Once you have completed story mode you can check the gallery>weapons>any character what the requirements are for his 5th weapon. If you want to see them early, check this list:

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/Weapons

Here is some help for the hardest or trickiest 5th weapons:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=523170

You have to collect every basic weapon, gold star weapon and every 5th weapon to unlock this. Once you got the weapon, it’s saved on your data but it’s wise to hold on to the gold star weapons as you can only have one of each at the time. Meaning if you hold on to it, you can’t have a duplicate and you are obtaining different gold star weapons. However if you sell it by accident you can get it again so don’t worry about it.

Fortune Hunter skill increases your chance of getting gold star weapons so keep that equiped.

Good stages for weapon grinding:
-Assult on Xu Chang (Wei)-
-Capture of Wei (Wei)-

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-4oVow=.jpg Heaven and Earth 30:gsicon:
Built a Tongquetai and welcomed the Emperor to your town.


Tongquetai is the final goal in Ambition mode(storywise). When you got to pause>camp management you can see on the right your Tongquetai completion %. You need to max out(lvl50) Blacksmith,Teahouse, Barracks and Merchant. Fame and allies probably get maxed out before those so don’t worry about them just keep increasing them. Don’t worry if nothing happens when you get Tongquetai to 100% go play one battle and come back, the cutscene should start.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5--Irh8=.jpg A Shout of Triumph 30:gsicon:
Finished all of the stages within Story Mode and Free Mode with the exception of the tutorial.

After you have played every stage in story mode; historical, hypothetical and every branch you should have unlocked every possible stage in the game. They can be found in Free mode and just go there and play through every stage that doesn’t have cleared next to it. You can do this achievement on any difficulty, beginner being the easiest but Chaos would also work the Master of Chaos achievement.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-pqReY=.jpg The Land of Plenty 30:gsicon:
Obtained more than 1,000 materials for weapons and facilities in Ambition Mode.

Materials are found on Skirmish battles. There are usually urn in every garrison and there are crates when enemies have occupied them. Officers and unit commanders also drop materials. You have to get 1000 materials for weapons AND facilities. Brown ones are for facilities and blue ones are for weapons. Only the ones found on the battlefield count towards this!

Here is a link to a thread with maps for materials:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=510130


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-uKvXU=.jpg The Ties that Bind Us 30:gsicon:
Became allies with all of the officers in Ambition Mode.

There are a total of 790 allies in Ambition mode. Everytime you reach your ally limit you can’t obtain any more allies but don’t worry, even if you beat officers when your ally limit is full they only retreat and come again later in battles. To raise your ally limit you have to raise your fame.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-mrtMA=.jpg The Height of Prosperity 30:gsicon:
Obtained all of the facilities in Ambition Mode.

There are 8 facilities in Ambition mode. You unlock new facilities as your fame and number of allies get bigger. There is: Blacksmith, Teahouse, Barracks, Merchant, Farm, Training Grounds, Stables and Academy.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-ubzpM=.jpg A Majestic Manner 30:gsicon:
Reached the maximum Fame level in Ambition Mode.

Maximum fame is 9999. Just keep playing ambition mode to raise your fame and ally limit. Everytime you reach your fame limit you have to get more allies to exceed your fame. Unconventional battles give you the most fame as they give you little side mission on the battlefield to get lots of fame.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-p7NgA=.jpg A Collector of Rarities 30:gsicon:
Obtained all of the Camp Symbols.

Camp symbols are obtained after winning a Duel in Ambition mode. A duel occurs after 3 battles in a row. These are special battles that usually have 4-5 playable officers in them and after the battle you will get a camp symbol, there are 20 in total.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-haP7U=.jpg Battle-hardened Veteran 30:gsicon:
Won 100 battles with the same officer.

Play 100 battles with one officer. Story, free and ambition mode all count towards this. Should come naturally as you have to play 100 straight battles to get a war elephant.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-341Ew=.jpg An Intricate Tale 30:gsicon:
Completed all of the stages in Story Mode.

You have to complete every story mode stage, which means every historical, hypothetical and branch stage. There are star missions in stages that usually effect on the story branching and after completing one kingdoms story you will be able to see what the requirements are. If you want to know them now there is an outstanding guide here:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
Not made by me, all glory goes to Wynter.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5--Z3fk=.jpg Revelation 30:gsicon:
Upgraded all skills to Level 10 or higher.

You have to get all of the skills to at least level 10. You can see the requirements for upgrading skills in the skill list. Most of them come by just playing but some of them are somewhat harder. All of them are pretty straight forward except maybe Fortune Hunter but the K.O. count above certain level is 1500 K.O.s, after that your skill will increase by killing officers. The amount of officers needed for each skill level appears to be random.
Here is the list of all of the skills:
Accuracy
Health Springs
Secret Arts
Health Boost
Steely Heart
Quick Learner
Musou Springs
Nullification
Attack Boost
Determination
Fortune Hunter
Rage Springs
Equestrian
Defense Boost
Victory Cry
Burning Spirit
Havoc
Mighty Roar


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-3wn+4=.jpg Friends to the End 30:gsicon:
Formed a bond at the maximum level with another officer.

To max out a bond you have to select one officer as your bodyguard in ambition mode. Then after every three battles they will talk with you which will further increase your bond. After 9 battles they will summon you for the third and final time and then bond is maxed. You will now the bond is at max when they have 2 support skills instead of 1.
You can select bodyguard from pause>officer info>select bodyguard.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-wQZ30=.jpg The Destroyer 30:gsicon:
Destroyed a total of 1,000 siege weapons.

You have to destroy total of 1000 siege weapons across all of the modes. The best way is to use the method in this video as there is infinite spawn of siege weapons. The stage is Battle of Baidi Castle (Wei forces, hypothetical route final) and is unlocked after playing it in Wei story mode.




http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-hSdBc=.jpg Facility Construction 10:gsicon:
Had a new facility built in Ambition Mode.

This comes naturally when you start to play Ambition mode.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-pzfaI=.jpg Facility Expansion 10:gsicon:
Had a facility expanded in Ambition Mode.

You can expand facilities with facility materials. Once you have expanded any facility to lvl 10 you’ll get this achievement.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-z0z0I=.jpg Death from Above 10:gsicon:
Defeated an enemy after juggling them in the air for at least 10 seconds.

Easiest to be done with Zhuge Liang. Equip him with 2 of his Fan weapons then try to get the enemy officer in the corner or at least next to a wall. Then use his switch attack to make a small whirlwind, keep hitting RB to switch weapons and you will do whirlwinds that keep the enemy in the air. After 10 seconds the achievement should pop. I recommend Normal or Hard difficulty so the enemy doesn’t die before the 10 seconds are up.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-7Vxvc=.jpg True Rage 10:gsicon:
Used a True Rage Attack.

You will get this in tutorial as it teaches you all of the basics of the game.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-81PmQ=.jpg In an Instant 10:gsicon:
Defeated 3 enemy officers with a Storm Rush in a single battle.

In DW 8 you have a new 3-point system Heaven>Earth>Man>Heaven:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ictureid=16243

And when you use a weapon that has advantage over your enemies they will have a blue crystal above their heads. When you attack them the crystal will broke piece by piece and when it’s all done you trigger Storm Rush where your officer launches a flurry of attacks that will suck all nearby enemies in it. You have to use this to kill 3 officers in a row for this achievement.

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 01:10 PM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-qX1Z0=.jpg Comeback Kid 10:gsicon:
Defeated 3 enemy officers with a Switch Counter in a single battle.

In DW8 you have a new 3-point system Heaven>Earth>Man>Heaven:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ictureid=16243
When you have the same weapon as your enemy or your enemy has advantage over you they will be likely to use their “heavy” attack. When they do this you’ll see a blue light coming out of their weapon then you need to do switch attack (:rbbut:) and you will trigger Switch Counter. You have to kill 3 enemies in a row with Switch Counter for this achievement.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-t3LQ4=.jpg King of the Combos 10:gsicon:
Achieved a 1,000 hit combo.

Can be achieved in the tutorial with the True Rage Attack. Circle around to get as much as enemies as you can and then juggle them with full True Rage Attack.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-lWJLs=.jpg One Warrior vs. a Thousand 10:gsicon:
Defeated 1,000 enemies in a single battle.

In this Dynasty Warriors there seem to be a lot of enemies so this should come naturally when playing but you can also get this in the tutorial if you want. There are infinite spawns in tutorials before you do the asked task.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-i23Cg=.jpg Graduation Day 10:gsicon:
Completed the tutorials for all of the kingdoms.

You have to complete every tutorial in the tutorial section. They are all pretty much the same but with different characters.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-uRyCY=.jpg Mounted Terror 10:gsicon:
Defeated 1,000 enemies while mounted on a riding-type animal.

1000 enemies isn’t that much so you should always try to kill some enemies while riding but you will get this while going for other achievements. You don’t have to do this in a single battle. Can also be done in the tutorial if you want.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-pxMLU=.jpg The Beastmaster Awakens 10:gsicon:
Defeated 100 enemies with a companion-type animal.

Companion-type animals aren’t really that strong but when playing Ambition mode is kind of easy to keep one (I used Tiger) next to you. I played on easy and got this without trying while playing Ambition mode.
Good place to get some kills is in Yellow Turban Conflict on beginner if you want this out the way.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-lebxk=.jpg Vocal Enthusiast 10:gsicon:
Listened to all of the voice lines within the Gallery.

Firstly you need every officer on level 30 to unlock their General voices.

Then there are two ways to get Ambition voices:
1.To actually hear every voice line in the game, you can check them in the gallery.
2.Max out bond with every playable officer with male character AND female character.

I’m behind the second method 100% as the requirements are very odd and sound very crazy. Maxing out the bond is also a crazy task but it’s still easier as you don’t have to do anything but max bonds over and over and over again. To max a bond you have to play 9 battles with an officer as your bodyguard. You will get special dialogues after every 3 battles that further increase your bond. There are 77 characters so you need to play 693 battles to max out bond with everyone AND then you need to do it with a female character, which is total 1386 battles for this achievement! I do battles in 3-3-3 which means after every three battle I go back to city to check out the dialogue. Some people do 5-3-1 as you’ll get a weapon when you do 5 battles in a row. Skirmish battles are the fastest ones to do.

Note: You don't actually have to listen to every voice line. Once you have every voice line the achievement pops when you enter Gallery.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-t-Zqw=.jpg Animal Collector 10:gsicon:
Obtained all of the animals within the game.

You have to get all of the animals in the game in Ambition mode.

Birch, Mahogany, Chestnut, Walnut, Maple, Elephant, Panda, Tiger, Falcon, Wolf, Bear
- These can be bought from Merchant or being dropped by enemy officers.

Rare animals:
Shadow Runner - After 30 straight battles in a row.
Hex Mark - After 60 straight battles in a row.
Red Hare - After 90 straight battles in a row.
War Elephant - After 100 straight battles in a row.
Golden Panda - After acquiring Tongquetai and getting all facilitys to max level and having all 790 allies.
Harrier - After acquiring Tongquetai and getting all facilitys to max level.

If you don't get Golden Panda or Harrier when you're supposed to, go play one battle and come back to city, you should get them. Can sometimes happen if you have everything maxed when you get Tongquetai.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-qfnj8=.jpg Movie Collector 10:gsicon:
Unlocked all of the movies within the game.

To unlock all of the movies in the game you have to:
-Complete every Kingdoms Story (Historical and Hypothetical).
-Complete Ambition mode (build Tongquetai).


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-89dcY=.jpg Event Collector 10:gsicon:
Unlocked all of the event scenes within the game.

Basicly you will get every event in the game when you have played through Every story (Historical, Hypothetical and every branch) and completed most of the star missions in Story mode. However there are couple that might be overlooked that kinda require you to fail a star mission and couple where you help someone to survive so they can fight at the battle X, you have to usually play the battle X to get the event that they are there.

Check this great solution made by Edgeland for some of the tricky ones:
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=653522#vch


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-7djVU=.jpg Wallpaper Collector 10:gsicon:
Unlocked all of the wallpapers within the game.

To unlock every wallpaper in the game you have to:
-Complete ever Kingdoms Story (Historical and Hypothetical).
-Have every character above level 15.
-Clear every stage in the game.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-z8hOA=.jpg Like a Shadow 10:gsicon:
Finished any stage of the game, except for the tutorial, without taking any damage.

You have to finish any stage in the game without taking any damage. Easiest to be done in Skirmish battle in Ambition mode as you can straightly rush to the last officer and defeat him for a quick victory.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-m6xyY=.jpg Unstoppable Might 30:gsicon:
Defeated a total of more than 100,000 enemies.

You will get this by naturally playing through the game. Kills in every mode counts towards this and you will get 100000 kills relatively quickly.


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-45JWo=.jpg Legend of Wei 30:gsicon:
Viewed the ending (Historical & Hypothetical) for the Wei story.

*Check out Legend of Jin


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-0eMWQ=.jpg Legend of Wu 30:gsicon:
Viewed the ending (Historical & Hypothetical) for the Wu story.

*Check out Legend of Jin


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-z+yfc=.jpg Legend of Shu 30:gsicon:
Viewed the ending (Historical & Hypothetical) for the Shu story.

*Check out Legend of Jin


http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5--Rlls=.jpg Legend of Jin 30:gsicon:
Viewed the ending (Historical & Hypothetical) for the Jin story.

To get the story achievements for each Kingdom you have to get both Historical and Hypothetical ending. You will most likely get the Historical ending on your first playthrough after that you can see what the star missions in certain stages ask for you to do and by completing them you will get a story branch for the Hypothetical ending.
Here is an amazing guide for how to get the Hypothetical endings:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
Not made by me, all glory goes to Wynter.

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 01:11 PM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-myjIQ=.jpg Untold Legends 30:gsicon:
Completed all of the stages for the Other story.

When you play through Story mode with different Kingdoms you will every now and then unlock an Other story for the Other sections in Story mode menu.
Here is a list of how to unlock them:

Yellow Turban Conflict (Zhang Jiao)..........Clear Shu Chapter 1.
Eliminate Dong Zhuo (Diaochan)...............Clear Wei Chapter 2.
Chase at Hulao Gate (Dong Zhuo)............Clear Shu Chapter 2.
Xiapi Defensive Battle (Lu Bu)..................Clear Wei Chapter 6-X.
Skirmish at Guandu (Yuan Shao)..............Clear Shu Chapter 3-X.
Nanzhong Rescue Mission (Zhurong).........Clear Shu Chapter 11W-X.
Phantoms of Xuchang (Zuo Ci)................Clear Wu Chapter 11W.
Rescue at Baidi Castle (Meng Huo)...........Clear Jin Chapter 9W.

*the W means "What if/Hypothetical"




Please rate and comment :)

This guide is made by me for the use of x360a community and it is forbidden to copy this guide or parts of it without my permission. DarkSephiroth07

-----------------------------------------

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-18-2013 02:56 PM

Quick question. I have beat every story but jin and I still have yet to unlock meng hou and yuan shao. Should I be worried since those two arent even in the jin story? I have beaten the three kingdoms both historical and hypothetical. Also, I've beaten every other story level I have unlocked.

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhou Tai of Wu (Post 5939098)
Quick question. I have beat every story but jin and I still have yet to unlock meng hou and yuan shao. Should I be worried since those two arent even in the jin story? I have beaten the three kingdoms both historical and hypothetical. Also, I've beaten every other story level I have unlocked.

Meng Huo and Yuan Zhao both have their own Other story stage and after completing those you will unlock them. After playing all Jin Story stages you should have those Other stages.

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-18-2013 04:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've been playing and comparing with a friend of mine and we are about at the same % completed. He is missing different Other officers than I am which leads me to believe unlocking the Other story all all random until you complete every story (though I did get zu rong in her stage in shu). Is this correct?

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhou Tai of Wu (Post 5939171)
Thanks for the reply. I've been playing and comparing with a friend of mine and we are about at the same % completed. He is missing different Other officers than I am which leads me to believe unlocking the Other story all all random until you complete every story (though I did get zu rong in her stage in shu). Is this correct?

Now that you reminded me I remembered that I had the list for those Other stages :D I updated the guide and this is how it goes:

Yellow Turban Conflict..........Clear Shu Chapter 1.
Eliminate Dong Zhuo.............Clear Wei Chapter 2.
Chase at Hulao Gate............Clear Shu Chapter 2.
Xiapi Defensive Battle...........Clear Wei Chapter 6-X.
Skirmish at Guandu..............Clear Shu Chapter 3-X.
Nanzhong Rescue Mission......Clear Shu Chapter 11W-X.
Phantoms of Xuchang...........Clear Wu Chapter 11W.
Rescue at Baidi Castle..........Clear Jin Chapter 9W.

XboxGuy40 08-18-2013 04:37 PM

Which game mode can I unlock officers for Ambition mode?

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-18-2013 05:18 PM

Unlock who you mainly want to play as in ambition mode in story mode, then play with them in ambition. Once in ambition mode, you have to reunlock everyone for that mode. Does that make sense?

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-18-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5939190)
Now that you reminded me I remembered that I had the list for those Other stages :D I updated the guide and this is how it goes:

Yellow Turban Conflict..........Clear Shu Chapter 1.
Eliminate Dong Zhuo.............Clear Wei Chapter 2.
Chase at Hulao Gate............Clear Shu Chapter 2.
Xiapi Defensive Battle...........Clear Wei Chapter 6-X.
Skirmish at Guandu..............Clear Shu Chapter 3-X.
Nanzhong Rescue Mission......Clear Shu Chapter 11W-X.
Phantoms of Xuchang...........Clear Wu Chapter 11W.
Rescue at Baidi Castle..........Clear Jin Chapter 9W.

Oh man thank you so much. I've been looking for this list for a while now.

DarkSephiroth 08-18-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XboxGuy40 (Post 5939202)
Which game mode can I unlock officers for Ambition mode?

Yeah like Zhou Tai of Wu said. When you start Ambition mode you can select any character you have unlocked but once in Ambition mode you can only use the characters you have unlocked in Ambition mode as your ally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhou Tai of Wu (Post 5939237)
Oh man thank you so much. I've been looking for this list for a while now.

No problemo :)

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-19-2013 10:58 PM

Question, for the land of plenty do you have to have 1000 of each material all at once or can it be cumulative with ones you've used?

DarkSephiroth 08-20-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhou Tai of Wu (Post 5941447)
Question, for the land of plenty do you have to have 1000 of each material all at once or can it be cumulative with ones you've used?

It's is cumulative so you don't have to hold them but only the materials found in battles (found in crates, urns or dropped by officers) count towards this and you need 1000 weapon and 1000 facility materials. I had like 34 facility materials and 2 weapon materials at hand when this popped.

awesomeandy7854 08-20-2013 10:21 AM

excellent guide gets 5 stars from me loving this game so far anyone know when next dlc is out? :)

Necrophage33 08-20-2013 03:03 PM

Great guide!

A few questions:

1. Any plans for more detail/strategy for the Chaos levels? I haven't tried it nor have I leveled Lu Bu up anywhere near that high, but I know in previous games Chaos was no walk in the park (except for Warriors Orochi 2, which was a piece of cake with crafted weapons). Any specific weapons/skills that make it easier? I guess I was looking for something a little more than just "play with level 99 Lu Bu."

2. For obtaining 1000 facility/weapon materials, just to be completely clear, what you're essentially saying is that materials obtained from the Barracks don't count? You say it only counts on the battlefield, and the only way I can think of off the top of my head to get them off the battlefield is through the Barracks. So I shouldn't waste my time farming them there?

3. For Comeback Kid and In An Instant, I got both achievements already so I can't confirm this, but is it possible to use one officers to get the achievement on a group of officers? For example, have a group of 2-3 officers together, and maybe you only have the advantage with your weapon against one of them. Take off their blue crystal, start the Storm Rush, and capture all three officers in the Storm Rush, killing them all with it and getting the achievement. Likewise with a Switch Counter, if you can get three officers close together, block until the one with the red ! does a heavy attack, Switch Counter and kill all three officers with it. Will this unlock the achievement? This is more of a question for anyone obviously (not just you DarkSephiroth), but if it works, it might be a much simpler way for some people.

Gleylancer 08-20-2013 03:47 PM

I was working on a complete guide as well, but I've been too slow this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5939011)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-pqReY=.jpg The Land of Plenty 30:gsicon:
Obtained more than 1,000 materials for weapons and facilities in Ambition Mode.

Materials are found on Skirmish battles. There are usually urn in every garrison and there are crates when enemies have occupied them. Officers and unit commanders also drop materials. You have to get 1000 materials for weapons AND facilities. Brown ones are for facilities and blue ones are for weapons. Only the ones found on the battlefield count towards this!

You can link to my maps, or just take the images into your guide, if you want to. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=510130


Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5939011)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5--Z3fk=.jpg Revelation 30:gsicon:
Upgraded all skills to Level 10 or higher.

You have to get all of the skills to at least level 10. You can see the requirements for upgrading skills in the skill list. Most of them come by just playing but some of them are somewhat harder. All of them are pretty straight forward except maybe Fortune Hunter but the K.O. count above certain level is 1500 K.O.s, after that your skill will increase by killing certain amount of officers.

This is not entirely true. Getting a skill upgrade is completely random. I would like to point out that it is possible to max out any skill in just one stage. Take Fortune Hunter for example, in "Yellow Turban Conflict", there's endless soldier spawns at the start of the stage after the gates right behind you open. Grind 1500 kills, then proceed. Before you slay any named officer, save your game. If you get the Fortune Hunter skill upgrade after the kill, save again and proceed, if not, reload. The other skills may be grinded this way as well.

You should also add that there's certain officers which are great for upgrading certain skills. Example: Quick Learner is easy to get with Zhou Yu and his fire attack.


Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5939011)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...6/5-wJXzk=.jpg Weapon Collector 30:gsicon:
Obtained all of the weapons in the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5939011)

There are 3 different types of weapons for every officer.


Basic weapons: lvl 1-4 weapons, these can be found in the shop and dropped by officers.
Gold star weapons: lvl 1-3 rare special weapons, these can only be dropped by officers. There is also a Special Weapon shop in Ambition modes blacksmith once you have gotten its level high enough.
5th Weapon: Basicly the characters ultimate weapon. Only obtained by doing certain task in a certain stage with a certain character. Once you have completed story mode you can check the gallery>weapons>any character what the requirements are for his 5th weapon. If you want to see them early, check this list:

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/Weapons

You have to collect every basic weapon, gold star weapon and every 5th weapon to unlock this. Once you got the weapon, it’s saved on your data but it’s wise to hold on to the gold star weapons as you can only have one of each at the time. Meaning if you hold on to it, you can’t have a duplicate and you are obtaining different gold star weapons. However if you sell it by accident you can get it again so don’t worry about it.


Fortune Hunter affects rare weapon drops, guide doesn't mention that. "Capture of Wei - Wei Forces" is great for collecting weapons, because a lot of named officers charge directly at you.

DarkSephiroth 08-20-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5942532)
1. Any plans for more detail/strategy for the Chaos levels?

In this game Chaos isn't that hard. I have been breezing through it with Lu Bu and I agree that Chaos was hard on other DW games. Only thing I would say is that really watch out for enemy musou attacks as those can still kill you one hit. If someone else also wants more added to that then I might look something up but I think that when you have a character that is maxed out and has a powerful weapon and you are probably using Red Hare, you will see it's not that hard. Also Interim Saves are a life saver on longer missions.
For Skills I use: Fortune Hunter for weapons, Havoc for reach and then Health boost and Strength boost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5942532)
2. For obtaining 1000 facility/weapon materials, just to be completely clear, what you're essentially saying is that materials obtained from the Barracks don't count?

I'm 95% sure that only the ones found on the battlefield count as I got the achievement after fightin over 900 Ambition mode battles and I had everything maxed out before it and I had realistically gotten around 2500-3000 weapon materials that I traded for facility materials and then on one battle I picked up a weapon material and the achievement popped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5942532)
3. For Comeback Kid and In An Instant, I got both achievements already so I can't confirm this, but is it possible to use one officers to get the achievement on a group of officers?

Yes that is possible as basicly they are 3 officers in a row that you defeated with that move. I actually got In An Instant by first killing one officer then killing the next two with one storm rush. I've been thinking whether to add that to the guide or not.

Thanks for the kind words :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942587)
You can link to my maps, or just take the images into your guide, if you want to. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=510130

Thank you :) I will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942587)
This is not entirely true. Getting a skill upgrade is completely random.

Wow I didn't know that o_O I always thought there was a certain number of officers needed to kill that will rise with each level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942587)
You should also add that there's certain officers which are great for upgrading certain skills. Example: Quick Learner is easy to get with Zhou Yu and his fire attack.

I did the "harder" ones with Lu Bu so I thought it doesn't matter who you use as you get majority of the skills over 10 just by playing and the I played through Yellow Turban Conflict once and got the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942587)
Fortune Hunter affects rare weapon drops, guide doesn't mention that. "Capture of Wei - Wei Forces" is great for collecting weapons, because a lot of named officers charge directly at you.

Thanks I forgot to write that x_x

You should still do your guide. Even though my guide is stickied atm and I'm going to submit it in a couple of days, your guide might be better and get to be the official guide ;) Only time will tell.

Gleylancer 08-20-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5942727)
You should still do your guide. Even though my guide is stickied atm and I'm going to submit it in a couple of days, your guide might be better and get to be the official guide ;) Only time will tell.

I was working on in-depth guides for everything the game has to offer, I hate all that Youtube-stuff, because you have to watch the entire thing to see what's going on. For example, I was drawing maps for the star conditions and doing those location guides you already know. I was making weapon lists from scratch, because I found the Koei-wiki too convoluted. I've done no achievement texts so far, though, so I may post what I have seperately instead of rewriting everything you've already got here.

DarkSephiroth 08-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942869)
I was working on in-depth guides for everything the game has to offer, I hate all that Youtube-stuff, because you have to watch the entire thing to see what's going on. For example, I was drawing maps for the star conditions and doing those location guides you already know. I was making weapon lists from scratch, because I found the Koei-wiki too convoluted. I've done no achievement texts so far, though, so I may post what I have seperately instead of rewriting everything you've already got here.

Wow sounds cool and a lot of work!
If you post your stuff on a new thread I would be honored to put a link for them in my guide :)

awesomeandy7854 08-21-2013 10:33 AM

only got a few achievements left if I ever stop grinding gold lol

DarkSephiroth 08-21-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomeandy7854 (Post 5943994)
only got a few achievements left if I ever stop grinding gold lol

Nice :P

I still have couple 5th weapons and gold star weapons to get, around 1/3rd of Chaos levels left to play and bonds with females.
I have been really busy but luckily these last ones I have left are just grinding and don't really effect the guide in any way.

Necrophage33 08-21-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5942727)
In this game Chaos isn't that hard. I have been breezing through it with Lu Bu and I agree that Chaos was hard on other DW games. Only thing I would say is that really watch out for enemy musou attacks as those can still kill you one hit. If someone else also wants more added to that then I might look something up but I think that when you have a character that is maxed out and has a powerful weapon and you are probably using Red Hare, you will see it's not that hard. Also Interim Saves are a life saver on longer missions.
For Skills I use: Fortune Hunter for weapons, Havoc for reach and then Health boost and Strength boost.

Alright that's good to know. I'll probably save Chaos for last, or close to it, so I don't use up a skill slot for Fortune Hunter, and can use that slot on a skill that will decrease my chances of dying.

Any particular abilities on weapons that seem to work best? I imagine Flash and Slash would be ideal to have. I haven't used the Temper system in this game yet; is it just like in Warriors Orochi 2, where you can pick and choose which abilities to put on your base weapon?

Unrelated: While doing Ambition mode battles last night, I noticed that after around 8 consecutive battles, the star difficulty rating was already full. Does this mean I have already reached max difficulty that early? I only played 10 consecutive battles, then came back to change bodyguard, but I was surprised to see it reach max stars so early. Does the difficulty go up more and it just isn't visible with the difficulty rating? I was also surprised to be getting 4-star weapons on Beginner after only being 7-8 battles deep, and that was without Fortune Hunter.

The Duke of Darkness 08-21-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5944296)
Any particular abilities on weapons that seem to work best? I imagine Flash and Slash would be ideal to have. I haven't used the Temper system in this game yet; is it just like in Warriors Orochi 2, where you can pick and choose which abilities to put on your base weapon?

Slash, Cyclone, Jubilation makes you pretty much unstoppable use whatever you want for other 3. No you don't get to pick and choose what you want it just slaps them all on which SUCKS.

So if you find a weapon with a single element that you want keep it for tempering.

DarkSephiroth 08-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5944296)
Alright that's good to know. I'll probably save Chaos for last, or close to it, so I don't use up a skill slot for Fortune Hunter, and can use that slot on a skill that will decrease my chances of dying.

I would still recommend to keep Fortune Hunter and you will get a ton of gold star weapons, maybe them all, without any extra grinding. I don't think it's that difficult on Chaos that one skill makes a difference but there are a lot of weapons ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5944296)
Any particular abilities on weapons that seem to work best? I imagine Flash and Slash would be ideal to have. I haven't used the Temper system in this game yet; is it just like in Warriors Orochi 2, where you can pick and choose which abilities to put on your base weapon?

The Duke Of Darkness gave you a good answer. I just wanted to add that I haven't had any problems with Lu Bu's 5th weapon (as you cannot temper 5th weapons) and I have un-tempered 4th Halberd just if there seems to be too much disadvantage for me in 3-point system as Storm rush works wonders in Chaos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5944296)
Unrelated: While doing Ambition mode battles last night, I noticed that after around 8 consecutive battles, the star difficulty rating was already full. Does this mean I have already reached max difficulty that early? I only played 10 consecutive battles, then came back to change bodyguard, but I was surprised to see it reach max stars so early. Does the difficulty go up more and it just isn't visible with the difficulty rating? I was also surprised to be getting 4-star weapons on Beginner after only being 7-8 battles deep, and that was without Fortune Hunter.

I'm not actually sure but I think it's the max. 100 battles in a row was a piece of cake. I did it with lvl 70 Lu Bu so it's really really easy but long and remember to save often.

Necrophage33 08-21-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth (Post 5944566)
I would still recommend to keep Fortune Hunter and you will get a ton of gold star weapons, maybe them all, without any extra grinding. I don't think it's that difficult on Chaos that one skill makes a difference but there are a lot of weapons ;)



The Duke Of Darkness gave you a good answer. I just wanted to add that I haven't had any problems with Lu Bu's 5th weapon (as you cannot temper 5th weapons) and I have un-tempered 4th Halberd just if there seems to be too much disadvantage for me in 3-point system as Storm rush works wonders in Chaos.



I'm not actually sure but I think it's the max. 100 battles in a row was a piece of cake. I did it with lvl 70 Lu Bu so it's really really easy but long and remember to save often.

Alright thanks for all your help! You read my mind: I was going to ask about tempering 5th weapons. Glad to hear it is as easy as I thought it was. I actually got something like 3-5 gold star weapons just playing up through battle 10 on beginner with Fortune Hunter at level 2 only. Although I realized that most were probably during the Duels to unlock more allies.

So that brings up my next question: I'm somewhere between 720 and 790 allies, and it's at the point where new allies are really only showing up in Duels, and in Skirmishes and Great Battles, it is normally just all Unit Commanders. When I finish all 790 allies, will all of the Ambition mode battles be against Unit Commanders, and no more named officers will show up? Cause if so, then I assume weapon farming will be best in Free Mode against named officers, since there won't be any left in Ambition Mode to fight against (which sounds like another reason for the 100 battles being a piece of cake).

The Duke of Darkness 08-21-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophage33 (Post 5944770)
Alright thanks for all your help! You read my mind: I was going to ask about tempering 5th weapons. Glad to hear it is as easy as I thought it was. I actually got something like 3-5 gold star weapons just playing up through battle 10 on beginner with Fortune Hunter at level 2 only. Although I realized that most were probably during the Duels to unlock more allies.

So that brings up my next question: I'm somewhere between 720 and 790 allies, and it's at the point where new allies are really only showing up in Duels, and in Skirmishes and Great Battles, it is normally just all Unit Commanders. When I finish all 790 allies, will all of the Ambition mode battles be against Unit Commanders, and no more named officers will show up? Cause if so, then I assume weapon farming will be best in Free Mode against named officers, since there won't be any left in Ambition Mode to fight against (which sounds like another reason for the 100 battles being a piece of cake).

Yep just Unit Commanders. Capture of Wei - Wei forces on Chaos is awesome for weapon farming, I was on 90% and 1 hour later I had them all.

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-22-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleylancer (Post 5942587)
Take Fortune Hunter for example, in "Yellow Turban Conflict", there's endless soldier spawns at the start of the stage after the gates right behind you open. Grind 1500 kills, then proceed. Before you slay any named officer, save your game. If you get the Fortune Hunter skill upgrade after the kill, save again and proceed, if not, reload. The other skills may be grinded this way as well.
[FONT=Verdana]

This for sure. I've never seen this strategy online and yeah this works wonders. Save before you kill 3 officers and it makes a world if difference. I went from a 16 fortune hunter to a 20 in 1 hours work. I had no idea it was so random.

Zhou Tai of Wu 08-22-2013 06:09 AM

Basically to me the TL;DR of this is:
1)start with ambition. Level until you can do 100 in a row
2) get fortune hunter to 20 to begin the weapons. Best on yellow turban, Jesus forces.
3)story. beat every star though it make take a while
4) Mop up movie/events. Not hard if you are looking at a guide.
5) beat everything on chaos. You unlock a bunch from story but its better to start with chaos than beginner.
6) complete bonds in ambition. This is a haul but its essentially the final step. If you got fortune hunter 20 early here you shouldn't be missing much, if any. Now just wait until you have bonds with a male and female and boom, 1000g.
Edit: you don't have to beat every mission in story and free mode, so use your favorite character and go wild in free mode for chaos.

The Duke of Darkness 08-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhou Tai of Wu (Post 5945711)
Basically to me the TL;DR of this is:
1)start with ambition. Level until you can do 100 in a row
2) get fortune hunter to 20 to begin the weapons. Best on yellow turban, Jesus forces.
3)story. beat every star though it make take a while
4) Mop up movie/events. Not hard if you are looking at a guide.
5) beat everything on chaos. You unlock a bunch from story but its better to start with chaos than beginner.
6) complete bonds in ambition. This is a haul but its essentially the final step. If you got fortune hunter 20 early here you shouldn't be missing much, if any. Now just wait until you have bonds with a male and female and boom, 1000g.
Edit: you don't have to beat every mission in story and free mode, so use your favorite character and go wild in free mode for chaos.

Don't forget you have to get every characters 5th weapon. You don't have to do all star objectives btw.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.