XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   L.A. Noire (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1639)
-   -   LA noire complete edition DLC question (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519784)

L4D II JoK3r 08-28-2013 03:05 PM

LA noire complete edition DLC question

Just wondering if the DLC is on a disk or does it come with a code to redeem?

Cheers,
JoK3r.

Jack Frost 08-28-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L4D II JoK3r (Post 5956319)
Just wondering if the DLC is on a disk or does it come with a code to redeem?

Cheers,
JoK3r.

HA! If only...

No, R* pulled kind of a dick move with this one:

In the Complete Edition, the DLC have been integrated back into the story and now are part of the campaign itself. There is no separation between main game and the DLC.

Also, the Complete Edition will not recognize your Vanilla version save, so you will be forced to play the entire game again depending on what DLC you haven't finished. I needed the achievements for Reefer Madness and Nicholson's Electroplating and the latter ends up being the 2nd to last case.

Frankly, there's a sale on L.A. Noire DLC right now, I'd go check that out...

DJ RJester 11-19-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 5956359)
HA! If only...

No, R* pulled kind of a dick move with this one:

In the Complete Edition, the DLC have been integrated back into the story and now are part of the campaign itself. There is no separation between main game and the DLC.

Also, the Complete Edition will not recognize your Vanilla version save, so you will be forced to play the entire game again depending on what DLC you haven't finished. I needed the achievements for Reefer Madness and Nicholson's Electroplating and the latter ends up being the 2nd to last case.

Frankly, there's a sale on L.A. Noire DLC right now, I'd go check that out...

I wish I had checked these forums before hiring out the complete edition, I also hadn't done the DLC for Reefer Madness & Nicholson Electroplating & thought I would save myself some money by hiring out the complete edition.
I really enjoyed the game when I first played it through years ago, I absolutely hated it this time round as it was a real chore to get to 2nd to last mission just to play the Nicholson Electroplating DLC.

bLaKgRaVy 12-30-2013 07:03 PM

Yeah, and supposedly you have to 5-star the "DLC" cases as well to get "Shamus to the Stars". Before with the regular retail edition you didn't have to, but because they are integrated into the campaign, it changed the requirement for the achievement.

Jack Frost 12-30-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy (Post 6165037)
Yeah, and supposedly you have to 5-star the "DLC" cases as well to get "Shamus to the Stars". Before with the regular retail edition you didn't have to, but because they are integrated into the campaign, it changed the requirement for the achievement.

Pretty lame. Fortunately I already got it from the vanilla version.

However, the other thing this points out is that clearly this "DLC" was actually cut content from the main game sold as add-ons. Any other publisher but R* would get crucified for this.

sm182 12-31-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 6165294)
Pretty lame. Fortunately I already got it from the vanilla version.

However, the other thing this points out is that clearly this "DLC" was actually cut content from the main game sold as add-ons. Any other publisher but R* would get crucified for this.

I don't think most people even realize what R* did with this complete edition, this is certainly the first I've heard of it and I was planning on buying it tomorrow :/

I assume all DLC achivements can be attained though.