XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   All-Pro Football 2k8 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=513)
-   -   Easy Fumble Ach (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53388)

PKxGHost 01-20-2008 06:30 AM

Easy Fumble Ach

I just noticed a neat little trick for the 2 fumble achievements.(well, not confirmed for the game record achievement, but works for the TD one).

Basically all I did was play with 2 controllers. When I received the kickoff with the other team I stood there and waited for My team to get down there. I then pressed down on the d-pad and he just drops the ball. My team then picks it up in front of the endzone and Tada! It did help if I dropped it as close to the endzone as possible because the CPU tends to dive for the fumble if anyone else is around it.
I will confirm if it works for the TD ach. in a few minutes.

*EDIT* No, didn't even think about it, but the achievement is for same player which this obviously doesn't give the FF to anyone.

BTW, can you not sim after starting a game? I can't find it in the menus while in a game anywhere...

Legend Has It 1 02-21-2008 12:23 PM

an easy way, which led me to the 4 FF game record was if you get close enough to the punter when you block a punt, basically if your standing at his feet and it bounces off you while he's kicking it it's considered a fumble...it took me 1 quarter with two controllers on to get this. if you have any questions let me know or send me a PM about it.

trekker1303 02-23-2008 02:23 AM

Dude, I need to try this. But for some reason, I just DO NOT like this game. It feels..... slow to me.

Killer66250 04-03-2008 11:51 AM

I found Legend has it's way easier.

XxChiCubs32xX 08-08-2008 05:06 PM

This worked really well, i got the fumble achievements easily...thanks

big red marino 09-16-2008 05:58 PM

Yes the blocked punt method works great - I got both FUMBLE Achievements from this. Eventhough I was not credited for two fumbles in the stats during the game - I got the SEASON and BUTTER FINGERS ACHIEVEMENT anyhow. Just turn off all penalties so you can line up behind the center before the ball snaps. Of course making sure you use the same guy every time. I like the guy that is lined up the most left ON THE LINE. Then pull down just a little bit - nice and soft on your L-stick so it looks like your player is in slow motion running towards the punter. This way you have immediate control over the player - sometimes your guy will go crazy if you just line him up close.

There you go!

Saluki 00 09-06-2010 01:25 AM

The easiest way for the "return a fumble for a TD" is as mentioned. Use 2 controllers, kickoff, let the return man catch the ball and his blockers run up-field. When the player one tacklers get close to the return man, press down on the player 2 directional pad. The kick returner will toss the ball backwards. Since it's essentially 11 v 1, the player 1 characters will scoop the ball and take it to the house. Easy.

Klint Beastw00d 04-19-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saluki 00 (Post 3478948)
The easiest way for the "return a fumble for a TD" is as mentioned. Use 2 controllers, kickoff, let the return man catch the ball and his blockers run up-field. When the player one tacklers get close to the return man, press down on the player 2 directional pad. The kick returner will toss the ball backwards. Since it's essentially 11 v 1, the player 1 characters will scoop the ball and take it to the house. Easy.

This is by far the easiest method.

The Globalizer 07-24-2012 03:28 PM

Agree that blocked punts is a good way to do the FFs (and return for TD if they're within their own 10 yard line) but also recommend using Ed Too Tall Jones, sliders all in your favor (especially fumbles at 100) and keep sacking. I got a ton of FFs with him.

For tackling, recommend that you start far away and slow-walk the player towards the QB/punter and then press X to tackle immediately upon their receipt of the ball.

Posting this mainly because I got this info a lot of different places but it didn't all come together until I knew all of it.