XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2465)
-   -   All's fare in love and war... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540669)

Splinun the God 09-20-2013 05:10 PM

All's fare in love and war...

So...

I bought Downtown Cab co halfway through the game. I've finished the game, and put another 15 hours into it and still havn't got the phonecall.

Anyone had a similar issue not getting the phonecall yet?

AmbaLaBamba 09-20-2013 05:21 PM

Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...

Splinun the God 09-20-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba (Post 6007520)
Have you made sure that you're driving in one of the cabs? I'm sure that's one of the things you have to be doing to get the call...

Unfortunatly not.... Can't seem to get this damn call no matter what I do...

At least it don't count toward 100% looks like I might have to re-do this one at a later time on a new save...

Maka 09-20-2013 06:22 PM

Call Raul and/or respond to his initial message when you bought it?

Splinun the God 09-20-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maka (Post 6007584)
Call Raul and/or respond to his initial message when you bought it?

Raul isn't on the contact list and the message get deleted automatically once you have 10 or so emails in so it gone.

Platuni 09-20-2013 07:45 PM

I'm having the same problem. Been roaming around in a cab for about an hour now and no phone call

Edit: Soon as i write this the phone call popped up...

Splinun the God 09-20-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platuni (Post 6007711)
I'm having the same problem. Been roaming around in a cab for about an hour now and no phone call

Edit: Soon as i write this the phone call popped up...

Your kidding lol, i've been Franklin for 5 hours and switching to other characters every half hour.... Not fair....

Killerchronic 10-14-2013 09:22 PM

Didn't know you had to be in a cab for this, bit annoying as i have nothing to do on franklin lol Been playing him for "fun" for ages waiting for the call and trying to call :/

Done a few normal fairs but still nothing and can't get through by calling them on the phone.

nayR2012 10-14-2013 11:25 PM

Driving cab or not, it can be glitched. I'm SOL too, fortunately this one you can start a new game, put in a few hours to buy it again and hopefully it wont glitch on the new save.

Delta438 10-16-2013 07:57 AM

That's weird, I didn't know this was an issue. I, on the other hand, am getting way too many calls. They almost come regularly every 30 minutes or so. Is there a way to turn it off or something?

KiDDo 10-16-2013 12:06 PM

You definitely do not have to drive around in a cab. I got about three calls for those private fares and was driving his default car, a stolen car and riding his default bike...

What might help you: I always got these calls in the evening or at night, never before 8 pm or so...

AgentOrange330 10-16-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiDDo (Post 6049875)
You definitely do not have to drive around in a cab. I got about three calls for those private fares and was driving his default car, a stolen car and riding his default bike...

What might help you: I always got these calls in the evening or at night, never before 8 pm or so...

This here is spot on. I'd actually say DO NOT ride around in a cab because all you'll get is the guy asking if you want to do a pick up. Ride around in your own car and you should get one soon. What I've also noticed is it seems like you get one business call per game week per character. When you get the email detailing your weekly income from your businesses switch to franklin and drive around in one of your own regular cars, NOT a cab. I tried to do it with a cab and NEVER got anything. As soon as I switched vehicles I got it quickly. Good luck!

A ZombieTwinkie 10-16-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba (Post 6007520)

I don't think you have to be in the cab to get the phone call. I was playing as Trevor for a bit, mopping up achievements, switched to Franklin and as soon as I took control of him, got the phone call. Didn't even have to use a cab. Used my own car.

Killerchronic 10-16-2013 09:38 PM

You can def use any car, logged out on franklin one night (not even intentionally) started up the next day and it was within the first 5 seconds i got the call. Wasn't even in a car actually was still in my safehouse.

nayR2012 10-19-2013 03:08 AM

FYI. After todays patch I received not only the call for my private fare after waiting weeks, but don's final mission 'uncalculated risk' showed up too.

Too much of a coincidence to discredit. Hope everyone else gets their missions to show up now too. Good luck!

diseptikon 10-21-2013 05:46 PM

This was one of my last Cheevos I needed after completing the game. No matter what I did, I never got another call after failing the first private fare. I ended up loading an old save where Franklin had enough to buy the cab co again. I then drove around in the cab for what seemed like 20 minutes and finally I got the call to do the private fare. YMMV.

Kieran69 10-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerchronic (Post 6047994)
Didn't know you had to be in a cab for this, bit annoying as i have nothing to do on franklin lol Been playing him for "fun" for ages waiting for the call and trying to call :/

Done a few normal fairs but still nothing and can't get through by calling them on the phone.

You don't have to be in a cab for it. I drive around all the time in Franklin's default car and get this annoying call all the time. It's 100% random I guess some people are more lucky with it than others.

FYC Punker 11-06-2013 01:03 AM

I'm gonna bump this for additional help,I've litterally collected a ton of shit and did the stunt jumps as franklin (probably ten hours total using him) and I still haven't gotten my call.

Any other help?

SpinelesS 11-06-2013 01:05 AM

Well there is a new patch out today.

it's a slim chance, but maybe it's fixed this glitch of not getting calls that some people seem to be suffering from... (I know I only started getting my taxi calls after downloading the patch before this new one.)

FYC Punker 11-06-2013 05:39 AM

Actually now that I think about it I haven't gotten ANY property calls since I've finished the game..

Ravenhood 11-06-2013 06:01 AM

I'm downloading the new patch now, as the last one changed nothing for me. I should spawn as Franklin, so I'm gonna drive about for a little while and see if anything pops up, be it Raul or otherwise. I'll update as I go.

Edit: Half an hour down, drove about a bit, switched from Franklin to the others and back, went and saved in an actual house as opposed to quick saving, and did a parachute jump to pass some time. Nothing yet.

SpinelesS 11-06-2013 11:54 AM

Has anyone suffering the glitch tried bringing up their phone, going to settings, then profile and then switching their phone to sleep mode, and then back to normal mode in an attempt to reset your phone? (maybe with a save and load in the middle of the switch...)

cjdavies 11-06-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran69 (Post 6056937)
It's 100% random I guess some people are more lucky with it than others.

Seems that way, I had it, and only 48 missions in.

FYC Punker 11-06-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinelesS (Post 6080844)
Has anyone suffering the glitch tried bringing up their phone, going to settings, then profile and then switching their phone to sleep mode, and then back to normal mode in an attempt to reset your phone? (maybe with a save and load in the middle of the switch...)

Yup and like I said I'm not getting any calls for anyone from any property I own.

Armakuni 11-06-2013 11:52 PM

I bought the property way northwest early on, and never completed the mission after getting the call. Since then, I haven't gotten a single property call except for the ones acknowledging the buy (I own all but two properties and can do all the regular property missions), and it has been a LOT of hours. Please, does anyone have a fix for this? The latest patch didn't help, and Rockstar support haven't answered my ticket...

Ravenhood 11-07-2013 07:59 AM

I've already started a new game and worked up to the point when I now own the cab company again. I've got one save from before the purchase, and one after. So far no call, but there's also a lot of the game I can work through again to see if it pops up on my drives.

I do have a ticket I submitted to Rockstar that I got a reply to, but it's mostly just asking for more information. I'll update whenever I get another reply to that.

... Aaaaannnnnnd never mind. As soon as I finished typing all of that, the call came in. Had to take this guy Felipe up to the Vinewood sign driving as dangerously as possible. So, that certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. But I completed it, and the achievement popped. Finally! Now on to Online.

Figbender 11-07-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FYC Punker (Post 6080614)
Actually now that I think about it I haven't gotten ANY property calls since I've finished the game..

this is happening to me aswell, even maude wont contact me

Armakuni 11-07-2013 12:12 PM

I don't really care about the 10G, it's more that the endgame feels kind of dead and some property calls would maybe give some life to the game. Also, I feel cheated - I've never had such a serious problem/glitch with any previous Rockstar game - and I've pretty much played them all...

diesel98a 11-07-2013 09:52 PM

I haven't completed the game yet but here's what went down with me, I bought the cab company with franklin then forgot about it, then later on in the story after Franklin rescued Michael I went back and did eight fares waiting for my phone call which never came, so I switched to Michael and saved, the next day when I got on, I switched back to franklin and he was coming out of a bar, so I hoped in his white dodge looking car and after like 10 secs I got the call, i stayed in franklins white car and made the pickup and drop off at the destination, then bingo.....the chevo popped.....

Armakuni 11-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel98a (Post 6083214)
I haven't completed the game yet but here's what went down with me, I bought the cab company with franklin then forgot about it, then later on in the story after Franklin rescued Michael I went back and did eight fares waiting for my phone call which never came, so I switched to Michael and saved, the next day when I got on, I switched back to franklin and he was coming out of a bar, so I hoped in his white dodge looking car and after like 10 secs I got the call, i stayed in franklins white car and made the pickup and drop off at the destination, then bingo.....the chevo popped.....

And calls from other owned properties?