XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode 1: Faith (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3320)
-   -   SPOILERS, Opinions, Commentary HERE (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547664)

THE DEADLY DOG 10-11-2013 12:48 PM

SPOILERS, Opinions, Commentary HERE
 
Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.

Darkforce412 10-11-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG (Post 6043151)
Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.

I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.:dance:

THE DEADLY DOG 10-11-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkforce412 (Post 6043394)
I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.:dance:

The combat was much tougher than in the TWD. Love the change.

Mr Yac 10-11-2013 10:36 PM

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one

Blue Thunder28 10-11-2013 11:22 PM

I loved this a lot. Picked up a few issues of the comic when this was announced and the wait for Episode 2 will be so hard I'll have to buy more issues.. maybe watch that Once Upon a Time show too haha. I love this game so much.

THE DEADLY DOG 10-12-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Yac (Post 6043844)
I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one

Ahh you are so right Yac. I messed up often in the fight sequences because I was thinking of the delay times we had in TWD. Damn even with all my mistakes I was able to "finish" the sequences. Huge step up in the gameplay for me though. I was definitely impressed.

XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX 10-12-2013 06:30 AM

I really enjoyed this first episode and I can't wait for more. I in no way saw what happened coming as I'm sure no one else really did either and that's what I loved about it.

I'm going to have to look into the stories that this is based off of now to hold me over till the next episode arises.

stianpuz 10-12-2013 12:10 PM

Almost at a loss for words how great and well put together this whole game is both visually, story wise, charachter development wise and everything inbetween. I mean jesus, super excited for next episode. Cannot wait!

Metabolic XBA 10-13-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXDZ MAYHEMXxX (Post 6044188)
I really enjoyed this first episode and I can't wait for more. I in no way saw what happened coming as I'm sure no one else really did either and that's what I loved about it.

I'm going to have to look into the stories that this is based off of now to hold me over till the next episode arises.

Most people wouldn't see it coming because it was billed as a prequel. If it was the end could never have happened so I wasn't really a fan of that, pretty cheap.

Overall it was good though.

Hosscat 10-13-2013 12:56 AM

Unless the "Smoke and Mirrors' in part two come into play ;)

THE DEADLY DOG 10-13-2013 01:06 AM

I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

AlienDenzil85 10-13-2013 01:27 PM

After TWD, I was wondering how this would pan out. It seems as though Telltale listened to some of the criticisms (not that there were many!) and worked on improving them for this. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what happens next!

I X I Shock I 10-13-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG (Post 6045589)
I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.

THE DEADLY DOG 10-13-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I X I Shock I (Post 6046167)
Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.

Or the Faith commentary was tragic as well. Lolol

Le Vampyr 10-13-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I X I Shock I (Post 6046167)
Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.

Same. It has screwed me over a few times as it seems to have trouble reading the fact that I press a button prompt on time, yet, I somehow fail it.

Love everything about the game though - the art style, the soundtrack, the writing etc. I was enjoying it so much that the end scene of episode 1 gave me the chills. Bring on the next episode I say. In the mean time though, i'm just going to do a seperate save file and just be a real big bad wolf and just be an ass to everyone, see how it goes.

Ace Attorney 86 10-13-2013 07:30 PM

Just finished episode 1. The story is great and I will be getting each new episode the day it comes out. Based on the posts I've seen here all the players really seem to sympathize with the characters and that's pretty impressive given that the episode takes only an hour or two, tops.

I also agree with what a lot of people said about the action sequences. It can be frustrating because whether or not you get the button prompts correct, Bigsby will get smacked around or be put at a disadvantage but that's because it was supposed to happen story wise to make a dramatic fight. I thought I had lost both fights and the chase sequence and would have to load but I got to through each time OK. This makes it seem like doing well in the sequences doesn't have much of a consequence.

But same thing about Walking Dead, this game isn't about great puzzles or actions sequences, it's all about story and atmosphere which it does very, very well.

Hosscat 10-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG (Post 6045589)
I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

THE DEADLY DOG 10-13-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hosscat (Post 6046620)
Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

Absolutely agree, and for that reason I am curious and addicted. Sold to another gamer lol!

littlejay 10-14-2013 01:59 AM

I wish the game told me what what analog stick to press. I was hitting both the sticks to just be sure. Story was good though.

THE DEADLY DOG 10-14-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlejay (Post 6046853)
I wish the game told me what what analog stick to press. I was hitting both the sticks to just be sure. Story was good though.

You know that's a great point I hadn't even thought of. You could really get stuck and get the short end of the stuck in any given action sequence because of that.

I X I Shock I 10-14-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hosscat (Post 6046620)
Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

You know, that's totally something I could see. I mean, Woody survived an axe getting stuck in his brain and looked fine the next day. Who's to say a decapitation would truly kill a Fable. I can't remember what show/movie it was (Supernatural comes to mind first) they had said the only true way to kill a Fable was to have everyone stop believing in it. Never read the comics, so I don't know if the same rules apply, but it's an interesting theory.

Although, with the way everyone was acting, I'd say it's more likely the contrary. Snow, The Prince, and Faith are all dead. Any guesses on who did it? Personally, with them talking about a serial killing Fable, only one I can think of is The Headless Horseman.

GeneralCurry726 10-14-2013 05:04 PM

When doing a Let's Play of this I was talking about how Snow would be my new Clementine. That death was a bad blow... :(

THE DEADLY DOG 10-14-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 (Post 6047672)
When doing a Let's Play of this I was talking about how Snow would be my new Clementine. That death was a bad blow... :(

I'm hoping for some super deep twist that will change the course of the game and bring back some of my loved ones. Ha.

Nusentinsaino 10-14-2013 08:54 PM

I really love the idea of glamours covering the fable story characters... also it's like "growing up" since my childhood knew the characters from the fables and now my adulthood sees them cursing and killing each other. it's so awesome. If you don't have this game, then you are missing out a lot.

Onyx Destiny 10-14-2013 08:56 PM

Not going to lie, i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, cannot wait for the next episode, bought the season pass well worth the money.

Devil Sora 10-15-2013 04:59 AM

That's an excellent point about the Headless Horseman being the killer seeing as to how the MO involves severed heads.

Me personally I think it's Wolf who is doing the killing subconsciously. It's only a guess but with a title like "The Wolf Among Us." Nothing would surprise me at this point.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Grendal is brought up when you save Prince Lawrence. He comes to the conclusion that Faith is dead and curses his name. . . . ponder that for awhile.

Also my theory as to why Faith can't be seen in the Mirror is because of the enchantment on her. I found the phrase "These lips are sealed" (said by both the mirror and Faith) to be very cryptic.

shinobigarth 10-15-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hosscat (Post 6046620)
Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

was thinking the same thing. mostly cause of the fact that Snow is a main character in the comics and her and Bigby apparently have a thing for each other at some point. i havent read the books but i read the cliff notes of them. basically it doesnt seem like they would up and kill her off so early, there's definitely something going on. perhaps they cloned the 2 girls somehow and cut their heads off.

i also feel like you will have the chance to have Woody help you later on, as even though he's kind of a creep, i dont think he's the one that cut the heads off of Faith and Snow (or whoever they are if its not actually them).

GeneralCurry726 10-15-2013 10:44 AM

Can someone say what happens if you save Prince Lawrence before investigating Toad? I did the opposite and found out that Toad had a break in, and I found that Prince Lawrence had shot himself after Dum told him that Faith was murdered.

Pearson 10-15-2013 01:05 PM

At first, I was going to skip this game and wait for the 2nd season of TWD and I'm sure glad I didn't. Sure the framerate at times slowed the pace of the game down, but overall, an enjoyable experience. I like the change of the combat system from TWD to this, it had made the combat a bit more challenging. I hope that this new combat style is implemented into TWD as well.

Even though he wasn't an choice, I think that Ichabod Crane could also be the murderer because of his experience with the headless horseman.

upindat 10-15-2013 06:17 PM

I LOVED this game!! Never heard of the the book or comic it is based on. Very well presented. Cant wait for the next episodes. I was kinda shocked at the end by the death of snow white. I would love to see them do a breaking bad game. Would be epic!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.