The Spiderwick Chronicles Cockroache Guide
NOTE: You can only collect cockroaches as Thimbletack.
1. As soon as you begin your first mission as thimbletack go forward through the wall and you will come head on with a cockroach on a wall directly infront of you, then turn to the right and look up to see a X shape with boards and some cobwebs there is another one right behind them.
2. Once you go along inside the walls keep an eye out for a blue rusty pipe, on the wall to the right of the pipe there is a cockroach high on the wall.
3. From the blue rusted pipe there is one on the ground your on and one on the brick wall directly in front of you before you take the turn to right.
4. After getting to the part with the electricity immediatly tuen around and look up at the wall over the hole to find one.
5. After last one jump over to the first beam and look down on the second beam to see another cockroach.
6. After making it across all three beams where the electricity is turn around and look back on the third beam to see another one.
7. Fall down to the level below after nabbing last one to find two more on the ground and another on the wall where it has a piece of wood going along the floor right beside the wall (he might be up and under in this little nook) and before you move after getting him turn around and face the rusty yellow pipe (the one closest to you) and there is a beam running upwards beside it and there is a cockroach on this beam going up and down, there is also one on the wall you can run up that has the card (king of clubs) under it.
8. After you knock the seeing stone off the fuse box go down to the next part where you have to knock it off a pipe, after doing that you go down a pipe and come face to face with another cockroache.
9. After last one look directly on the left wall up high to find another cockroache.
10. After last drop down to the ground floor and look up on the side of the level up to see one crawling along the side.
11. After last make your way back up to where you were before you dropped down and head towards the hot water heater to find two more running up and down on the side of it.
12. After last turn around and look above the card (queen of spades) to find another running up and down on the beam.
13. After entering the room with all the paint cans there are four on this level, after getting those four look up on the reverse side of the staircase to find another four, then on the exposed side of the wall on the side with all the levels to go up there is another one, Then as soon as you get to the top level look again on the staircase to find one more at the top.
Second Playthrough as Thimbletack Starts Here.
14. When you get to use Thimbletack for the second time go the same way you did last time to get to the electricity part. Jump across the first row of beams and get over to the part where you have to jump past the electric arcs, on the third one you jump to you can go to the right and then to the left make your way forward until you reach a part where you can use your rope swing, doing so releases the Sabre thats in the Secret Study and there is also two Cockroaches in this part. Then make you way back to where you first enter the wall as thimbletack to go the opposite way.
15. Go right when coming from Thimbletacks house and Rope swing over the big opening to where there is a safe drawn on the ground and a rope going up, keep going forward from here and jump up to the next ledge there is a cockroache on the left on the wall and after jumping through the hole in the beam there is a cockroache there toas well as one below on a massive blue rusty pipe, after getting him look on the left and see another path to go to go through and there is a cockroache by the large half exposed pipe, then into the chimney to find another on the wall.
16. Continue through the chimney out the other side and you will see some electricity, drop straight down and look beside the rope used to get back up for another cockroache, get back to the top and cross the pipe to the other side for another one right on the same level as you, after this part you will come out in behind a bookcase so follow the path and drop down to the very bottom level when you can you will see two cockroaches down here along with the Postage Stamp Thimbletack uses for his house.
17. From last don't go back up the rope jump over to the middle level and go through to see another cockroache on the wall.
18. Head down the long drop and enter a room with a bunch a big blue rusty pipes, there is a cockroaches right above your head as you enter this ara on the first pipe (should see his antennas coming in the room), from last make your way to the left and up and over a little ramp with a cockroache on the other side, follow the white arrow across the hanging pipe to get to the other side and turn right to find two more, one on the biege pipe and one on the blue rusty pipe, keep following the white arrows and jump across to find one more roache and then before swinging across look up high on the blue pipe to your right you should see another roache if not just wait and he will appear, after swinging across the hole another roache is there, make your way up into the spot with the safe combination and retrace your path back to the spot at the begining that had the safe drwing on the ground (near thimbletacks house).
19. After making your way back to the safe drawing on the ground at the start, climb up the rope the safe picture points to and get to the top look on the wall opposite the rope for a cockroache, make you way over to the next part just before you have to swing and you will see another cockroaches on the right wall.