XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rockstar Games Table Tennis (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   GOAT Boosting Guide (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58073)

roy1751 02-21-2008 11:57 AM

GOAT Boosting Guide

After a lot of experimenting, I have a method for getting GOAT with consistent results. I call this - 'The Trial Account Boosting Method'. Before reading any further, know that this is only for hardcore completists and takes a considerable amount of time and coordination. This is just to prove that it can be done without having to beg random higher ranking players to let you boost off of them(yeah right). You would need the following:
  • either a dedicated friend or another xbox 360 setup/copy of TT. Definitely easier to just borrow a friends setup to do this. But done together you get 2 people to GOAT
  • Seven+ 48hr free xbox live gold trials. Dig through your(or friends) game boxes, or as last resort there is always ebay which has them for about a buck each, codes sent to you within a few hours in email
  • a memory unit to shuffle the accounts around if using dual setup. Gamertag recovery would be used in the buddy system
  • your gamertag which hopefully has zero games played or at least less than 50. Anything over 100 games played, expect an uphill battle, multiply the efforts described below
  • patience by the truckload
  1. The most important part of the boost is to NEVER your personal gamertag until the very end. Any games played incremented, any losses, are detrimental to getting top rank. You will use the trial accounts to build a ladder of sorts to boost against once you have them lined all the way to the top.
  2. Create the first 2 boost accounts on your dashboard and sign them up for xbl using the trial codes. For simplicity of the guide, lets name them Boost01 and Boost02. Fire up TT and play Boost02 against Boost01 never losing until you get to rank 25. This should take between 30-50 games, I don't recall the exact amount. Use Exhibition, 7 point, 5 points per serve settings. Each game lasts 2 minutes 15 seconds menu to menu. Use Liu Ping for the shortest victory/loss cutscene. Easy to quickplay into your sessions since there is hardly anyone playing. Ok forget about Boost01 account that has all the losses, it's useless now.
  3. Create Boost03 and Boost04 accounts and sign them up for xbl. Use Boost03 winning against Boost02 until it's at rank 30(about 25 games). Notice that Boost02 rank will drop a few, but due to the small number of games on Boost03 you can vault past it to 30.
  4. Use Boost04 winning against Boost03 until it's at rank 35. I think you can see the pattern for the rest of the trial accounts. You will see the ranks drop more as you get into the 40s. Spread the load across the lower ranking tags, but make sure to be even with the top tag by about 12 games played for the advancing tag. Don't stop until you get a trial account all the way to 50.
  5. Now use your intended gamertag to boost up the ranks in the same manner, minding the rank drop. Enjoy the GOAT on your gamercard.
Rank rise/drop observations:
  • it will be tempting to just forfeit out of games for the losing tag. I believe this method doesn't gain as much rank, and also drops rank for the forfeiting tag more so than playing through the short game. Feel free to experiment and compare but the time saved is neglegible.
  • obviously the buddy system will have 2 accounts reducing ranks of the trials so more may be needed
  • Most of the methodology revolves around the number of games played
  • For the first 10 games the rank rises quickly. This also means the tags you boost against don't drop as much, with fewer losses to a lower ranking tag
  • Once the ranks are even, the rank advancement slows, but so does the rank drop on the tag being boosted against, due to the losses being to a higher ranking tag
  • After 15 games played the rank advancement slows, after 25 it slows much more
  • After 30 games against the same tag, rank increase will stall. Trueskill detects excessive duplicate wins and stops crediting you any further rank off that tag. This is why alternating wins/losses between just 2 accounts doesn't work, ranking up eventually hits a dead end.
  • Tags with fewer than 25-30 games played will drop rank faster. Playing them to 30 games will 'cement' them in place more than if they have fewer games played
  • If your tag has over 50 games played, it will take longer to gain rank
  • If your tag has over 100 games played, it will be an uphill battle. Rank advancement is much slower, rank drop is much faster. This means more boost accounts, many more games played. It is possible, I did it. You can always get more accounts to GOAT for boosting against, just make sure you always have an account sitting at no less than 45 so you can get the new one to 50. For reference I needed 3 accounts just to get from 44 to 50, so only 2 rank increase per account, being over 200 games played by this time
  • all games/ranks figures in this guide are close estimates based on experience recollection, don't expect it to be exact.
Time estimate:
Figure an average of 25 games per account. Each game takes 2 minutes and 15 seconds menu-to-menu. That's an hour per account, meaning 7 hours for the trial accounts and another hour for your intended gamertag. Add an hour for each additional gamertag getting to GOAT. Add some time to create and upgrade all the accounts. This is for the best case scenario, with zero games played on the intended gamertag and dual 360 setup. Add a couple hours coordination time if done with a buddy. This may sound like a lot but keep in mind it's guaranteed. There are a ton of people that will never get goat because trueskill is screwed up, even though they did pretty good back in the day when there were people still online playing this. At the time of this writing, there are only about 100 people with 1k in this game on MGC.
If this guide helped you get GOAT, please post. Also post any comments/suggestions/questions, however there is no need to message me on xbl. I have a subscription to this thread.
[Edit: Nevermind about posting here if you got GOAT - you will get spammed with people begging you to boost them. Sending me a quick thanks over XBL is cool though.]

Lastly, please don't message me to help you boost in the game. The steps are spelled out above for anyone dedicated enough to get it done.
[Edit: I no longer even have the game]

Don't use this thread to find boosting partners, use the Achievement Trading Thread and just reference the 'The Trial Account Boosting Method' for GOAT.

tadpeters 03-05-2008 01:49 PM

If you ever figure out how it works, I have me and a friend who are in on this.

Fluster Zero 03-10-2008 07:50 PM

same here, figure it out, im in

Iva Bigan 03-11-2008 08:02 PM

im in if you can sort it out

huckleberry 03-12-2008 02:14 PM

Ill join in if you work it out

Fluster Zero 03-12-2008 04:16 PM

looks like you have the people, send me a friend request and we can try to sort some of this out

BigEasy 03-15-2008 11:28 PM

Yeah i need to get this done to. Send let me know what the plan is

sterlingblue 03-16-2008 09:58 AM

I'll do it as well if we get this going

LegitLostLegend 03-24-2008 06:10 PM

If you figure it out, can you post how. This is the last online ach I need for this game, and I don't want to have to play 1000+ matches

wakey1989 03-26-2008 12:11 PM

get me in on this aswell please (Y)

GT: wakey1989

LegitLostLegend 04-06-2008 09:55 PM

so you are saying if you had 2 accounts that you use, you would be able to get Goat on both of them. Nice guide but do you have a rough estimate of how long it will take

Edit- off topic but how did you get the import a draft class on madden without playing NCAA. Cause that's the only ach i have left but don't have NCAA

roy1751 04-07-2008 02:31 AM

Time estimate:

Figure an average of 25 games per account. Each game takes 2 minutes and 15 seconds menu-to-menu. That's an hour per account, meaning 7 hours for the trial accounts and another hour for your the intended gamertag. Add an hour for each additional gamertag getting to GOAT. Add some time to create and upgrade all the accounts. This is for the best case scenario, with zero games played on the intended gamertag and dual 360 setup. Add a couple hours coordination time if done with a buddy. This may sound like a lot but keep in mind it's guaranteed. There are a ton of people that will never get goat because trueskill is screwed up, even though they did pretty good back in the day when there were people still online playing this.

For the Madden 07 import draft thing, there is a slick way of doing that described in this thread(copy-paste and remove spaces)

achieve 360points .com/forums/showpost.php?p=581622&postcount=10

RutgersUnion 04-07-2008 07:36 AM

Ok so I am organizing a GOAT boosting session utilizing these methods so anybody interested needs to bring in these free 48hr passes. The more passes we get the less people needed to do this. I am online most evenings Eastern Time so feel free to message me. This will also work if you have a second GT that doesn't play the game (I have my roommates).

GT RutgersUnion

Lonsta DaMonsta 04-09-2008 08:11 AM

Believe me, this WILL take ages! (like, 40+ hours of gameplay). The quickest/easiest way is to NOT play a game on your account until you can play a 45+ rank, preferably a 50. If you play a 50 with an account that hasn't played a single game online, you will get it in 4 or 5 games. Seriously.

Believe me on this, I am the master of this game. (won 50 tournaments legit, first person to 1000.) And I didn't mean to sound boastful there :P

LegitLostLegend 04-09-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonsta DaMonsta (Post 782970)
Believe me, this WILL take ages! (like, 40+ hours of gameplay). The quickest/easiest way is to NOT play a game on your account until you can play a 45+ rank, preferably a 50. If you play a 50 with an account that hasn't played a single game online, you will get it in 4 or 5 games. Seriously.

Believe me on this, I am the master of this game. (won 50 tournaments legit, first person to 1000.) And I didn't mean to sound boastful there :P

What if you have around 100 games played already, that's where i'm aaround cause I did 10 hours legit. I think I have more wins than losses, but I still have losses on my account

LeiChat 04-09-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonsta DaMonsta (Post 782970)
first person to 1000.

Can't believe I've only just got round to adding you.
http://www.my360stats.com/games/first2finish/

Better late than never I guess.

cg Raptor 04-19-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy1751 (Post 749460)
Update. I am currently about to test the scheme I described in the top post with an extra setup+game. Previously tried going for straight wins against the extra account but hit a dead end at rank 25 doing that.

Thanks for the guide. I just got the G.O.A.T. last few ranks where a pain though. I was only going up like 0-4 spots on the leaderboards per game.

plantman 06-10-2008 11:49 AM

you dont need to use trials to do this go to your dashboard and create a new gamertag and you will get a month gold trial it works on other games like tiger woods 08 too, i suggest u save it on a diffrent device thn your harddrive because on tiger my producer points wudnt go up when i had both gtags on the hdd.

roy1751 06-10-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plantman (Post 920076)
you dont need to use trials to do this

Correct, using the old 'keep silver' trick during live signup. This works 3-4 times max per console, so I assume everyone had used these up already. Here is the video.

Banco Billy 06-16-2008 08:56 AM

Great guide

Great guide! It only took me 5 new accounts to get to 50, then beat it nine times with my 'real' account to get the G.O.A.T. It didn't take that long either, did it all on Sunday morning. Played around 120 games in all.

LeiChat 11-28-2008 08:16 PM

bump... any chance this could get a sticky as it is THE guide to getting G.O.A.T.

roy1751 11-29-2008 03:19 PM

Congrats on the GOAT LeiChat.

I previously requested a sticky from Razzelson but he never responded. This forum gets so little traffic it doesn't matter really.

eI7iGIVIa 12-30-2008 03:10 AM

I know this is not the place to ask but did anyone who have the achievement wanna boost me so I can get it?

LLC2003 12-31-2008 09:45 AM

A great guide. I unfortunately had played 82 games prior to reading this so it will take me much longer. :(

I have set up 4 test account and look forward to receiving the GOAT soon.. thanks!

powderly 02-20-2009 04:33 AM

G.o.a.t.

Hi there everybody. I have 5 people working on the G.O.A.T. Achievement and we are stuck. We can only get so far in the rank and not able to rank up anymore. So my new idea is this. And this idea will get everybody the achievement. We need people to join our G.O.A.T. session but we need them to start at the bottom of the line just to be fair but for those who are a high ranked I ’ll let them jump the line but they have to be a high rank. So this will work as a chain reaction achievement and who gets the achievement can leave after someone came’s and takes your place but at the bottom of the list to boost the next persons rank. So this is how it works... The bottom person will lose the game to the second person and the second person will lose to the third person and the third person will lose to the fourth person and so on and so on... This will allow the ranks to be movie up all the time... and in the end everyone will get the achievement so the last 5 people will have to stay back after they get the achievement and go back to the bottom of the list to help the others to get there achievement.

This is Nighstalker sp for more question of information on how this works send me a message on Xbox live

Silverhellspawn 04-13-2009 02:49 PM

This method/strategy is rock solid! Thank you for this since me and a buddy got it in only 2 days (took around 7/8 hours). Much appreciated!!! We used 5 ghost accounts (instead of 7, so it goes a bit faster then mentioned above). Here are some stats from our run, hope it helps:

1st ghost-account: 37 games played, took 90 min., reached lvl 25
2nd ghost-account: 16 games played, took 35 min., reached lvl 35
3rd ghost-account: 26 games played, took 70 min., reached lvl 43
4th ghost-account: 24 games played, took 70 min., reached lvl 47
5th ghost-account: 30 games played, took 80 min., reached lvl 50

Some sidenotes:
* With the 5th account we already achieved lvl 50 after 18 games played, but we did an additional 12 matches in order to cement this account more in place (meaning that with more games played the rankdrop would be less while boosting off from this account).
* Furthermore, when setting up a new account it's a good thing to boost off a bit from multiple accounts, e.g. with the 4th account we first played a match against the 1st account, continueing with a match or two against the 2nd account and finishing up with the remaining matches played against the highest-ranked account (in this example being the 3rd account).
* My own account was a bit shaken up to start with since I already played 17 matches (10 W, 7 L) in the early days while not being aware of screwing up my stats. So we went in expecting the worst. Nonetheless I got the G.O.A.T. in 44 matches (in 2 hours). My friend who had a 'clean' account got it in 10 matches (in 30 min.).

Good luck to you all! I'm 1 happy bunny :)

Glashoop 04-13-2009 04:08 PM

That's quick, gona try that my self... Only need 5 ghost accounts!
They need to be gold account right??

Heners 04-17-2009 01:32 PM

this games bullshit in some achievements but good read and help
+rep

JTL 04-24-2009 10:12 AM

The method is so cool. I've only used 4 dummy accounts to get the GOAT achievement.

LegitLostLegend 04-25-2009 05:21 PM

For anybody who wants to know quitting out will work the same way as winnning the games do, so it will save a lot of time