XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frogger (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Chicken 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6085)

ModoX 07-14-2006 08:22 AM

Chicken 2

I'm having trouble with this one and I'm not sure why. Chicken 1 was no problem, but I can't get it on level 2, I stay on the road till the timer goes red then make it home, what could I be doing wrong? The only thought I've had is that maybe I take to long to get on the road in the first place, if a car is going past, but I've tried to account for that and get on asap, but still can't get the achievement. And I've not messed with the options either.

Stupid frogs.

sinsix 07-14-2006 11:26 AM

How the hell can you even beat chicken 1? I've done every combination of things that i can think of and to no avail. I've waited in the start position until it goes red. I've waited in the road until it goes red. I've done both without ever moving in reverse. I don't understand wtf to do differently.

ModoX 07-14-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinsix
How the hell can you even beat chicken 1? I've done every combination of things that i can think of and to no avail. I've waited in the start position until it goes red. I've waited in the road until it goes red. I've done both without ever moving in reverse. I don't understand wtf to do differently.

See I had no trouble with Chicken 1, no trouble at all. Jump on the road, faff about a bit, going backwards and what have you, jump across and home safe ... achievement unlocked. There must be something we're missing, presumably something you can quite easily accidentally get right.

sinsix 07-14-2006 11:44 AM

Nevermind. I just posted that and went and aced C1 on the first try and C2 on the 2nd try. The only thing I did that I did not do last evening was jump into the road immediately and then follow the traffic left, up a lane and then back right, and up a lane and so on so I ended up starting in the 2nd lane from the end when the red came. Maybe that will help you. Thanks though.

ModoX 07-14-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Nevermind. I just posted that and went and aced C1 on the first try and C2 on the 2nd try. The only thing I did that I did not do last evening was jump into the road immediately and then follow the traffic left, up a lane and then back right, and up a lane and so on so I ended up starting in the 2nd lane from the end when the red came. Maybe that will help you. Thanks though.

Congrats. I'll give it a go tonight probably, hopefully I'll get it done.

P1NSEEKER 07-14-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModoX
Congrats. I'll give it a go tonight probably, hopefully I'll get it done.

Stop getting gp's dammit! :D

ModoX 07-14-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1NSEEKER
Stop getting gp's dammit! :D

Lmao, I just started laughing on the phone to some woman at Airtours. Shouldn't really read threads whilst I'm on the phone at work I guess. And don't worry, I won't get many from Frogger, I'm terrible at it.

sinsix 07-14-2006 02:15 PM

I'm not good at it either. At least I don't think I am. I cannot beat LVL 4. I'm just really persistant, that's all. I go one achievement at a time and think only of that goal. So far it's worked for me. I just need the one for beating LVL4 and the 30,000 CO-OP(HA, yeah right!). But if i beat LVL 4, i'll be thrilled to have 180/200.

Tracker4502 07-15-2006 04:16 AM

Quote:

I'm not good at it either. At least I don't think I am. I cannot beat LVL 4. I'm just really persistant, that's all. I go one achievement at a time and think only of that goal. So far it's worked for me. I just need the one for beating LVL4 and the 30,000 CO-OP(HA, yeah right!). But if i beat LVL 4, i'll be thrilled to have 180/200.

You would have 160/200 because you would also need the "Beat level 5". ;)

spurbowler25 07-20-2006 06:06 AM

This game is messed up, I now have all the achievements except level 5 and coop. I can say that I had to do both chickens and home sweet home more than once before it gave me the achievements. Be prepared to accomplish things in this game and not get the achievement

scoobydiesel 07-21-2006 02:07 AM

i wait and i run between the first and second lanes but then the third speed's up and i end up bein smashed o_O

one time iv gotten over to the home but i got ate....

ModoX 07-21-2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydiesel
i wait and i run between the first and second lanes but then the third speed's up and i end up bein smashed o_O

one time iv gotten over to the home but i got ate....

Stay in the last lane, run straight over that speedy third one. Just follow between two of the white ... vans (?) and when you get close to the left hand side of the screen, wait for the two speedy cars to go past below you, hop down, quickly hop to the right and hop back up between another two vans as soon as more speedy ones get close.

Dunno if that makes any sense, but it's basically how I handled that fast lane.

El Cid xMGx 10-09-2006 05:00 AM

I must have done this like 5 times tonight and not one achievement am I doing something wrong, I am following all the advice givin. Maybe it dont like me lol!!

Cid

El Cid xMGx 10-10-2006 08:48 PM

just got this one did it 3 times and didnt get it then BAM 4th try I finally got it, was very wierd!

Cid

nfgmusicPaul 10-13-2007 06:10 AM

it's now October or 07 and I know nobody plays this game anymore, but I just started and I'm sure there's a glitch with the 2nd chicken. I'm gonna see if they patched it, if not then I'm really mad :(

s7re7ch 10-13-2007 11:40 AM

i still play it but only bought it a few weeks ago when it was on sale!

chicken 2 took me 3 or 4 goes until it unlocked dont go past the 4th lane of the road before it goes red... that seemed to work for me!

killlah631 10-24-2007 02:53 PM

Yeah these achievements definitely have minor glitches. It took me multiple tries to finally get Chicken 2, although Chicken 1 I got on my first try

jwprice1974 05-06-2009 05:26 PM

it took me about 10 tries to get this achievement. I kept waiting on the bottom until the timer went red, then sprinted to the top before time expired (epic fail). The first time I tried hopping on the road immediately and playing in traffic, achievement unlocked. Lesson learned. Damn u frogger

negative1 07-24-2013 04:28 AM

i've been trying to get this for awhile. i completed it several times, but the achievement still hasn't come up. not sure what else to do, but keep trying.

later