XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Top Spin 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Beating your rival (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61091)

metalangel 03-09-2008 08:27 PM

Beating your rival

As in... HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT?

My guy isn't bad... he's pretty high in both the world rankings and the RACE RANK or whatever it's called.

But I cannot for the life of me beat my rival when he challenges me to the 1 million coin competition.

Someone please tell me that the game just cheats and makes the guy unbeatable by giving him double your stats or something as I have been stuck on this match for six months (I just give up, resist the urge to snap the disc in half and go play something else) and don't want this jerkoff (who decided he was my rival - I have no quarrel with him until he starts sending me abusive emails) to get the satisfaction.

Any tips?

The End 03-22-2008 07:42 PM

Lol. That was quite funny.

All I can recommend is focus on your characters strength. My character was excellent at serving and rallies. Plus I filled up my speed to max which made my character very hard to beat.

Cissnei 03-30-2009 04:43 PM

I have the same problem. I played the mystery match against my rival 15 times today and i can't win no matter what I do.
I've won 2 slams and 5 masters already (15.1. in 3rd season) without any problems whatsoever. I've beaten pretty much everyone from the top 10 but I can't get even close to my rival. I struggle to get the first game, lose the second 0-40, struggle to win my service and lose almost always, lose her service 0-40 and lose my last service. I tried pretty much everything I learned in this game while playing other opponents, but noone has given me any real problems until now.
I even tried playing Federer with my girl in exibition, and won 3-0 3-1....i don't get it..what's the secret behind your rival?

Tsaako 03-31-2009 11:02 PM

The secret is being able to win the game round when you rival is serving. You should be able to win your service games.

When rival is serving hit the X button and aim diagonally across court as soon as rival has served. It slows things down and you can be the one sending your rival wide all the time.

Hope i helped.

metalangel 01-22-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsaako (Post 1771928)
The secret is being able to win the game round when you rival is serving. You should be able to win your service games.

When rival is serving hit the X button and aim diagonally across court as soon as rival has served. It slows things down and you can be the one sending your rival wide all the time.

Hope i helped.

Necrobump.

I'm still playing this game (as are a few people!) but this tip is what finally got me past that asshole when you have to face him in the Billionaire Birthday challenge thing.

AWC GOTTI 02-18-2013 09:55 PM

Only if Gameshark was an option!