XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Culdcept Saga (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=432)
-   -   Red Cap Achievement (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61943)

Majorbusten 03-15-2008 01:28 AM

Red Cap Achievement

Whats the easiest way to do this one?

deathchant 03-15-2008 03:42 AM

arrow map, change all lands to neutral, 4 goblins in deck along with goblin lair, should be able to do it no problem. i did it against rilara.

DJ Psyanyde 03-17-2008 08:40 AM

I know torture favors the arrow map. But i managed to get this easily on Mt. Etumer using 4 goblins, goblin lair and 4 of the spell called Changeling that changes two of your opponents remaining cards to goblins. All goblins in play boost any red cap in play. You just need to make sure you have 15 goblins in play.

deathchant 03-18-2008 02:48 PM

fine fine, i revoke most of my arrow map suggestions for achievements in this game. mt etumer will be better because your opponent will dodge your lands at pretty much all costs. so same would go for the idol achievement and dragon achievement. psyanyde is awesome and i just like maps in the shapes of arrows.

MrNuts 03-18-2008 07:05 PM

I also used the spell that changes 2 of your opponent's cards into Goblins (I think it's called Changeling) though the CPU player tends to swap out cruddy creatures like Goblins pretty often.

lumbeecheraw75 05-01-2008 01:45 PM

Grr, for some reason this did not unlock for me just now. I was doing the final map of the 3 for the Fated Traveler Achievement with my Goblin Deck. 2 Things I did tho that I hope didnt cause a problem.

1) I played the game in 2 sessions so I had to resume the suspended Game. I did get the Fated Traveler Achievement, but no Chief of Goblins Achievement.

2) I raised my Red Cap to 380/380. but I had 3 on the board, one of the others, I had to 320/320 at one point. The Last I never used in battle. Think there can only be 1 Red Cap on the Board at a time, and if there are multiples, do they all have to be raised to over 300/300?

LilMissRoxy 05-01-2008 02:57 PM

When I completed this achievement I had over 4 redcaps on the board and I can assure you I only fought with 2 of them. I set the max to 40,000 a lot higher than I needed it.

lumbeecheraw75 05-01-2008 03:32 PM

Well, I just replayed the last level with the same deck to get the Blade Of Culdra E Card. I made sure to only use one Red Cap on the board at any time. I took 3 lands with him, but took the final land I needed with a 340/330, and won on the next roll. Chief of Goblins Achievement is mine. /shrug, not certain why it didnt give me the Achievement on the first match. Someone else suggested that you don't get Achievements when you suspend, but I did get the Fated Traveler in that match. :confused::confused:

deathchant 05-01-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumbeecheraw75 (Post 834158)
Well, I just replayed the last level with the same deck to get the Blade Of Culdra E Card. I made sure to only use one Red Cap on the board at any time. I took 3 lands with him, but took the final land I needed with a 340/330, and won on the next roll. Chief of Goblins Achievement is mine. /shrug, not certain why it didnt give me the Achievement on the first match. Someone else suggested that you don't get Achievements when you suspend, but I did get the Fated Traveler in that match. :confused::confused:

you cannot unlock match specific achievements after suspending a match. the fated traveler achievement is different. at the end of the match you have completed this 'checklist' of possible opponents, so it cannot penalize you for something you have completed. right when you go to suspend game, it says that achievements will not unlock, and im pretty sure the same thing goes for avatar parts, but i cant remember.

boofarama 07-05-2008 09:16 PM

is this game any good and how do you like it i can get it for 6 dollars

Sporty Flea 07-21-2008 05:38 PM

I paid 40 for it and I am happy, 6 dollars is a steal if you like either CCG's, or Monopoly.

xX Majestik Xx 02-12-2009 01:21 AM

- You can have as many Red Caps in play as you can Summon. 1 or 7 or 17 ( that last number is a guess :P ), it doesn't matter.

- Only one has to fight. Just once. He can even die later.

- Goblin Lair is KEY, but you only need one. More will increase your chance of scoring it early...but I only have 1 and you will see my results with it later in this post.

- Land type has ZERO bearing on Neutral Creatures....and even Mimicry is useless, as it only helps to bump your HP. No need for specific land types.

- Using Borgess will help keep your Goblins alive....but has no bearing on Red Cap. Not that he doesn't boost his HP, but you need both ST and HP over 300, so it really doesn't matter for 'Cap.

- Changeling isn't very important, either....as stated earlier in the thread, the computer will almost always dump them. Not always, but more often than not. It's not a bad card just for screwing your opponent out of two cards they meant to play, though, so it doesn't hurt.

- It should also be noted that, no matter how many Red Caps you have in play....each Goblin only gets ONE boost. The +20/+20 DOES NOT STACK.

If they gave the Achievement every time you won a match after getting Red Cap to 300/300....I'd have it 20 times over. I use an all Neutral Book against the Computer and haven't lost a match since. Not once. I get Red Cap that big every single game I have played since I started running all Neutral...multiple times per match. Once he gets even 200/200, I stomp him around every Land available....and take them all if I want them. It is almost too easy, really.

Rengrave 05-04-2009 09:25 PM

I would also suggest including Chariot and Spirit Walk in your deck to help your Red Cap move around the board to smash on folks after he's nice and big.

"You 'urt mah gobbo, I smash yer face!"

-Ren

Big_Sama 07-27-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporty Flea (Post 1018051)
I paid 40 for it and I am happy, 6 dollars is a steal if you like either CCG's, or Monopoly.

I got it for 20 and it was the first I had ever even heard about the game.