XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=876)
-   -   Easy A.C.E.S. Points (Video) (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63440)

Falcongale 03-23-2008 12:58 PM

Easy A.C.E.S. Points (Video)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm sick of seeing this forum filled with people trying to inform people of an easy way they've found.

More than likely it's not going to be better than this;

So please stop filling the forum up with pewp.

bloodblade1962 03-23-2008 01:01 PM

wow great post

JD FTW 03-23-2008 01:02 PM

LOL, i wish people would stop making them too. id rather play it for real and take a long time to get the points just so that i can get the most and longest play life out of it. i just wish i had it but its sold out EVERYWHERE

Falcongale 03-23-2008 01:15 PM

www.game.co.uk - or instore, they havn't sold out.

bloodblade1962 03-23-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcongale (Post 740384)
www.game.co.uk - or instore, they havn't sold out.

they had four copys in orpington(mary cray) game yesterday

JD FTW 03-23-2008 01:20 PM

the game that i normal get my gams from told me that they only had enough stock for the pre orders, i was so pissed

bloodblade1962 03-23-2008 01:26 PM

hull must suck

Falcongale 03-23-2008 01:28 PM

Although the Hull Metalfest is great ;)

bloodblade1962 03-23-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcongale (Post 740410)
Although the Hull Metalfest is great ;)

Hell yeah downside of were i am is lack of gigs and amount of yobs and pikies

To mods/admins: soz for being off topic ;P

ColossalKiller7 03-23-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcongale (Post 740353)
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm sick of seeing this forum filled with people trying to inform people of an easy way they've found.

More than likely it's not going to be better than this;

So please stop filling the forum up with pewp.

Hey, I am really sorry for trying to be helpful and getting the achievement done as quick as possible. No I really am sorry.

MantleNotMouse 03-23-2008 02:10 PM

Thanks for the video. It helped a lot. That was hilarious at the end... it was karma in its greatest glory. Taunting means you die, sorry. :P

Falcongale 03-23-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColossalKiller7 (Post 740450)
Hey, I am really sorry for trying to be helpful and getting the achievement done as quick as possible. No I really am sorry.

No, theres a difference between helping and just clogging up the forum. I have tried most ways posted and this is the fastest. BY FAR.

FaW II HaVoK 03-23-2008 02:52 PM

Incredibly helpfull. Its a good tactic and aspecially how i dont have live at the mo while im visiting the parents. I know another way to get ALOT of CQB points but i dont have my capture card right now so ill consider recording with my mums cam corder ( It will look poop but this tactic is worth it.

HoD STiCKiE

ColossalKiller7 03-23-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcongale (Post 740486)
No, theres a difference between helping and just clogging up the forum. I have tried most ways posted and this is the fastest. BY FAR.

Thats your opinion. In my post the way I did it I went from 10 to 20 in about an hour and a half. So it may work that well for you but for others a different way may be better.

fallingeastward 03-23-2008 05:00 PM

Good video - what's the gun used for the first sniper part?

Falcongale 03-23-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaW II HaVoK (Post 740526)
Incredibly helpfull. Its a good tactic and aspecially how i dont have live at the mo while im visiting the parents. I know another way to get ALOT of CQB points but i dont have my capture card right now so ill consider recording with my mums cam corder ( It will look poop but this tactic is worth it.

HoD STiCKiE

Cool, post the video up and I'll give it a try and add it to the main post :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingeastward

It's not my video, but I think it's an Assault Rifle with a 6x,12x zoom since it's got a suppressor on it, set to single shot fire.

xXwatton98Xx 03-23-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD FTW (Post 740362)
LOL, i wish people would stop making them too. id rather play it for real and take a long time to get the points just so that i can get the most and longest play life out of it. i just wish i had it but its sold out EVERYWHERE

Thats why i nagged my mom to go straight up town after school

y0bam 03-23-2008 06:25 PM

I just rented the game, it isn't worth a purchase, it's exactly the same as Rainbow Six: Vegas, except you get these ACES and a sprint feature, for $60, nuhuh I've got better things to spend it on

gog 03-23-2008 08:04 PM

k - yeah - that was nasty -

the gun for the marksman - was the L8 you get it at the higher lvls of marksman i think- nice acc- but medium other stats - i still like the g3ka4 as my go to gun in most cases - set up with the silencer red dot - is the gun i want for cod4 - or my G3 on cod4

y0bam 03-23-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gog (Post 741342)
k - yeah - that was nasty -

the gun for the marksman - was the L8 you get it at the higher lvls of marksman i think- nice acc- but medium other stats - i still like the g3ka4 as my go to gun in most cases - set up with the silencer red dot - is the gun i want for cod4 - or my G3 on cod4

G3ka4 produces too much recoil for my liking, without a burst option it's too ineffective for close quarters, m8 doesn't produce as much and is more accurate, it's all personal preference

General Rebel 03-23-2008 09:11 PM

Shout out to FalconEagle

thanks for the video, I know it's a lot of work to make a game video & take the time to post it on the site.

The part in the end where you get blasted was pretty funny -> :(
Just when you start celebrating.

LOL

BloodReign13 03-23-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallingeastward (Post 740841)

Its the L82A5 or something...u get it at marksman 18

Darth Barthus 03-23-2008 10:02 PM

Thanks for the video. Shooting thorough walls and doors will be very helpful. I didn't realize you could do that today.

The Danielnator 03-23-2008 10:31 PM

The assault method in the video is definitely not the most effective. Ive tried 4 different ways, this one, the one on CQB training and in Story but the fastest is the one described by XxMissionaryxX in this thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=63287 . Nice try though.

Also as most people only have trouble with Assault i would suggest finishing the story on realistic if you plan on doing it as you will get a LOT of A.C.E.S in there too so do the story and do a one though of the T Hunts on realistic before you do this boring grinding stuff. You'll likely have both CQB and Marksman near 20 when you do those, mayeb not assault.

Blackjaw x 03-24-2008 12:06 AM

For the assault method he uses, do it the same way but back up into the corner and stand up. When an enemy comes, quickly crouch down and shoot through the box.

I only did this for my last Assault level but I found it worked really well once I altered the method like this.

SuPeR DeLuXe 03-24-2008 12:09 AM

My Method

My method for leveling up the Marksman and CQB is similar to the videos. It's Terrorist Hunt, Realistic, Low Density, on Killhouse. Instead of going into the building, go up the stairs and post up on the corner facing the stairs. Here terrorist will be rappelling down to your left (they make for EASY +3 Marksman points). They keep rappelling down...one by one by one by one by one...You can also shotty them as they finish climbing down to get +3 CQB.

It's really great for the Marksman points!

|oneyedNewb| 03-24-2008 12:51 AM

thanks for the vid is helping me alot at the moment.

Gun-Nut 03-24-2008 12:56 AM

Anyone got another Assault method? I have problems with this one :(

Soldier 4 I AM 03-24-2008 04:17 AM

Good video it will help a lot.

implicitdog 03-24-2008 06:36 AM

With CQB you've actually missed an easy long range snipe that is ALWAYS in the same place. In the room that you start in, if you move to the left hand corner and look down to the bottom of the building (still inside) you can see a guy standing against one of the target boards, easy long range head shot, and as long as you use a silencer it won't activate any of the terrorists.

Also with the density set on high, lone wolf set to no I always get four terrorists standing outside, just make sure to set your team's ROE to infiltrate and park them out of the way as the guys at the bottom will spot them. One of the guys at the bottom usually activates as you walk down towards the bottom, he hides behind the bricks on the left.

If you can make it round the corner after killing the four to seven guys at the bottom, just before the activation point if you throw two frags one towards the right door and one to the left door then move quickly towards the activation point you should blow up between two and four guys. This will activate a whole bunch of other guys, and if you are quick you'll get a few more head shots in.

Also I tend to use the first sniper rifle, it comes silenced as standard, just remember to go for head shots as its penetration is awful. I wish you could put a silencer on the other sniper rifles, I've managed to kill two guys with one shot before.