XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virtua Fighter 5 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=470)
-   -   Hmm..5 command time attack problem... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64063)

RekindledFurion 03-26-2008 11:05 PM

Hmm..5 command time attack problem...

To put it bluntly, i've done CTA with 6 characters now, and i STILL have no achievement come up:S, i've done it with pai, lau, dural, sarah, lion and shun, yet the damned thing still hasn't come up!, any ideas on what to do? help will be muchly appreciated:)

TeD12345Parry 03-27-2008 07:34 PM

For a start how did you get that many players i can't even do one.

RekindledFurion 03-28-2008 04:08 PM

it took me ages and i just kept trying and trying as i was determined to get the characters i was trying to work on done, just keep practising and you'll get it eventually :)

Shinsetsu 03-28-2008 10:24 PM

I NEVER understand why ANYONE has a problem with command mode. It's so damn easy. You probably didn't get it because Dural is a bonus character. Use another character.

gotworms 04-09-2008 06:24 PM

I don't think it's because Dural is a bonus character. I got the complete command attack once by using Dural. I have the arcade stick, it makes the game a little easier, but command attack is still tough as hell.

dominatorlee 11-15-2008 05:27 PM

I need help with the command training the last 3 moves which say ( P+G while defending) or ( P while attacking ) how do u do those moves ?

Capn Spanky 02-14-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominatorlee (Post 1323677)
I need help with the command training the last 3 moves which say ( P+G while defending) or ( P while attacking ) how do u do those moves ?

I think you're referring to offensive step and defensive step.
Offensive step is when you press up or down on your stick to do a sidestep, and immediately after you press P+K+G. Your character should do a very fast move towards your opponent, but a little bit to the side. As if they were ducking under a hook and going for a liver blow.

Defensive step is the same motion (I believe) but without pressing P+K+G. Just a short sidestep.

Dazz 06-25-2009 07:51 PM

Least I'm not the only one who can't do it as one character then.

It pisses me off cause I've tried as every character in the game but there's always a certain point where despite doing the button combinations exactly as they want me to, it just doesn't do it and after 40 minutes attempting it I give up due to the way it just won't allow me to prgress further in CTA (or even TA).

chrisarcade 09-15-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominatorlee (Post 1323677)

Dude, I'm also down to the last freaking 3 moves and that side step stuff ain't working..this is some BS I've been playing almost 2 hrs now and I don't want to turn it off cuz then I'd have to do this crap all over again..does anyone know how to do this!?

InfamousTruth 11-03-2009 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisarcade (Post 2347085)
Dude, I'm also down to the last freaking 3 moves and that side step stuff ain't working..this is some BS I've been playing almost 2 hrs now and I don't want to turn it off cuz then I'd have to do this crap all over again..does anyone know how to do this!?

The defensive moves are just a quick tap up or down. Then your P+G. Looks kind of like a side step.

The offensive moves are a quick tap up or down then P+K+G then your P. Looks like a longer side step.

ReD S1X 02-03-2010 02:58 PM

finally, after 2 years of hiatus on this game, I finally got Dojo Stages achievement. Now to get Command Master. :Bounce:

HamsterLV 04-22-2010 07:32 PM

This game sucks ass!

Mogry 06-25-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RekindledFurion (Post 751022)
To put it bluntly, i've done CTA with 6 characters now, and i STILL have no achievement come up:S, i've done it with pai, lau, dural, sarah, lion and shun, yet the damned thing still hasn't come up!, any ideas on what to do? help will be muchly appreciated:)

I had the same problem, don`t worry the achievement is NOT glitched. You should try to beat time command attack in like 15 minutes OR just try to complete Command Time Attack Mode with MORE characters.

Don`t give up and you will get it for sure ;)

DanFlyhight 07-01-2014 03:46 AM

Do you only have to go up to the defense on offensive basic step moves? My lei fei run right now wants me to keep doing all the moves.