XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rockstar Games Table Tennis (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Beating Mark All-Star (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6834)

Zer0 07-30-2006 09:20 PM

Beating Mark All-Star

The cheap/perfect serve in anyway shape or form only works randomly is there a way that works perfect?

Any other tips, when I do Y and down, LB doesn't seem to work. I am Juergun btw.

DisturbedDan 07-30-2006 10:04 PM

i never got the cheap serve on this guy and it was a pain to beat him. It always took me an hour or so and even then I wasn't guarenteed to win. When I finally finished the allstar tournment with everyone, I figured out a way that is perfect.

Use the Y button and hit it to your left. Then he will usually hit it all the way to your right(so get over there ahead of time). When he does so, you will need to use RB(you sure you didn't mean RB instead of LB) and A, push the analog so it goes to the bottom left corner. He will either miss it or end up hitting it in the air. Allowing for an easy smash shot.

thats how i did it and it worked everytime.

Zer0 07-30-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedDan
i never got the cheap serve on this guy and it was a pain to beat him. It always took me an hour or so and even then I wasn't guarenteed to win. When I finally finished the allstar tournment with everyone, I figured out a way that is perfect.

Use the Y button and hit it to your left. Then he will usually hit it all the way to your right(so get over there ahead of time). When he does so, you will need to use RB(you sure you didn't mean RB instead of LB) and A, push the analog so it goes to the bottom left corner. He will either miss it or end up hitting it in the air. Allowing for an easy smash shot.

cheers worth a go

The LB is to drop it onto the net...

DisturbedDan 07-31-2006 12:47 AM

oh I thought maybe you were trying to use the focus but pressing the wrong button.

Zer0 07-31-2006 12:54 AM

Tryed it and no luck, he just gets there so quick.

DisturbedDan 07-31-2006 03:06 AM

was he hitting the ball up in the air?

z I ToP CaT I z 02-27-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedDan (Post 81488)

Thank you so much, I used this method and beat him 11-2, 11-3 :-)

Big Ell 11-11-2010 03:53 PM

This method worked on EVERYONE, and I knocked out All star in a couple of days. Thanks DisturbedDan!

OzarkSavage 11-29-2010 03:10 PM

I tried using this method and am having problems.

Firstly when you say use Y and to the left are you talking about from the serve?

I have managed to get him to hit it up in the air a few times but when I smash he manages to return it or I over hit it and OUT.

Ravenousguy 01-20-2011 03:08 AM

Thanks for this tip! So far i'm still yet to beat Mark but this trick is quite handy.
It would be easier if i could serve aces at the bastard.