XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Condemned: Criminal Origins (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Weapon+Melee in "one" playthrough? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68879)

Natanji 04-27-2008 04:26 PM

Weapon+Melee in "one" playthrough?

Okay I just picked up this game and wanna get the full 970.
So there is one achievement that says use all weapons, another that says use only melee. It's clear that you can't do both at the same time when playing this game. However, I'd like to know if I could do it by repeating every chapter just when I finished it and then moving on. Like the first time I use all the guns I find, then when it's finished I redo the level, use melee only. And only then move on to the next chapter. This just fits my usual playing style, and it'll be easier to remember where the enemies are when I just played through the level once anyway.

The reason I'm asking this is because I read in another thread that for the birds and metals, the completion status of the levels is overwritten each time you replay them, so you need to make sure that you don't replay a level and not get birds/metals there if you want to get the 100% birds/metals achievements. And I'm wondering if the same would happen with melee/weapons or if that is counted outside of those level statistics, so that the game can save at the same time that I both finished the first level with shooting the gun and that I finished it with melee only.

PS: Is there any detailed list on where to find all the firearms and melee weapons in the game, like which are on which level?

Cavalieroscuro 04-29-2008 11:44 AM

Yes.Firts get the melee achievement,then replay chapters and fire with each weapon to an enemy,getting the ach.

DarkApollo 11-23-2008 04:45 AM

Yes I suppose you could do this.

Iv AJay vI 12-31-2008 05:52 PM

Wow, I never thought of it like that.. I played through the game twice if I can remember correctly..

Common sense FTW

David x360a 02-26-2009 06:43 PM

When I chose replay chapter at the end menu of chapter one, all my data were lost and I had to find all the birds and shit again. Is there an other way to do it?

Also, in the beginning I am forced to use the gun to kill the junkies, is it when I lose my gun the achievement counts?

Gust0o 03-17-2009 10:52 PM

The weapon achievement is to hit an enemy with every weapon - so you can do it in one playthrough, just by switching the weapon to melee.

zerus 03-17-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This is David (Post 1651709)
When I chose replay chapter at the end menu of chapter one, all my data were lost and I had to find all the birds and shit again. Is there an other way to do it?

Also, in the beginning I am forced to use the gun to kill the junkies, is it when I lose my gun the achievement counts?

1.you have to get ALL birds/metal again in level if you miss one and have to go back

2.in beginning flip the gun to melee mode (RB if i am not mistaken)
and club the first thug

you also must use the guns as melee weapons to get ach.

to get melee I picked up each weapon swung 3-4 times(do not need to hit anything) then dropped it

hope this helps

Taco Kitty 04-09-2009 07:20 AM

I got all but the Fire Arm achievement in one play through...

ckleckner 04-28-2013 05:17 PM

im pretty sure i hit an enemy with all melee weapons including desk locker n stuff n still didnt get it