XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kung Fu Panda (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=784)
-   -   Road Map to 1000 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78261)

Method 06-24-2008 03:39 PM

Road Map to 1000

First of all, this is my first crack at this type of thread I'm trying to introduce. It it meant to give members a "road map" on how to get 1000 gs. This is not meant to replace the achievement guides in any way. Please post feedback on whether you think it's a good idea or if it needs refinement.

Now on to the nitty gritty. Kung Fu Panda requires two playthroughs to get all the achievements. One at Master difficulty and one at Dragon Warrior difficulty. This is because the difficulty achievements do not stack. Next, cheat codes DO NOT disable achievements in this game. So unless you are actually playing for the thrill of the game, use them. Go to the extras menu to input them. The ones you'll need are as follows:

Infinite Chi - Down, Right, Left, Up, Down
Invulnerability - Down, Down, Right, Up, Left
4x Damage Multiplyer - Up, Down, Up, Right, Left

After you enter the cheats, start a new game at the Dragon Warrior difficulty. For this playthrough don't worry about getting hit or dying. That's for the next playthrough. You will however want to follow the collectibles guide here. This will give you the "Unlock Everything" achievement. Now start your playthrough. Make sure you follow the achievement guide here. Play your game until level 10 then do the following:

Once you get to last part of Level 10, you will be in a pit and be required to close 8 trapdoors. DONT CLOSE ANY YET. Instead, Panda stumble around and around. Doing this will give you 6 coins per kill as long as you stay stumbling. Even after a wave is dead, continue to stumble as an infinite amount of waves is coming. Repeat the process over and over until you have enough coins to purchase all upgrades. Remember you can upgrade while doing this by pressing start button. This will also give you the 60 second stumble achievement. After this if you don't have the chain combo achievements. Let the enemies all get close to you and just use fast or strong attack to kill them all.

After this is done, continue following the guides and complete this playthrough. After this playthrough is completed you should have at least the following achievements:

- All 13 of the "Level 'X' 100% on Dragon Warrior!"
- Game Completed - Dragon Warrior
- Fearless (you're invincible, why are you blocking!!?)
- Panda Stumble Extreme
- Awesomely Awesome
- Master Of All
- Ultimate Dragon Warrior
- Panda Stumble Warrior
- Strongest Warrior
- Fastest Warrior
- Kung Fu Warrior

It is now time for playthrough # 2. Once again input your cheats and start a new game at the Master difficulty. For this playthrough the big thing to remember is DON'T DIE. If you fall in water, off a tree, off a cliff, etc it counts as a death. If this happens reload your save and you'll be fine. Missing a button sequence DOES count as a death so if you miss one reload. You'll also want to do the level 10 coin trick again to at least max out your Panda Belly Slam. With this in mind, once again follow the collectible and achievement guides and complete the entire playthrough. After this playthrough you should have (in addition to those above) the following achievements:

- All 13 of the "Level 'X' 100% Completion!"
- Game Completed - Master
- Invincible

Last of all it is time to get the "Untouchable" achievement. This is the hardest achievement in the game. I recommend using your Master playthrough with maxed out stats before trying the guide's technique. This is because the dummies will die easier in master than dragon warrior difficulty. Good Luck and don't get too frustrated.

Congratulations on maxing the game! Please post or PM me any refinements or updates to the road map.

dethklok 06-24-2008 04:14 PM

this looks like a decent stratigy. I'll give it a go when i get home

xnvy 06-24-2008 04:15 PM

When I get the game I'll be definitely using this

JC 06-24-2008 04:21 PM

Thanks, nice map. :D

WrottenSandwich 06-24-2008 08:04 PM

Very good map thanks for posting.....

CaptainFuntimes 06-25-2008 07:29 AM

Wow, thanks for the tip about the cheat codes. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it does work! Usually cheat codes disable cheats, but this is a great tool to blaze through the game. Thanks again.

CaptainFuntimes 06-26-2008 08:22 AM

You do not die when you miss a button sequence. I got Invincible with missing a button sequence.

Jedi Kayben 06-26-2008 11:50 AM

Is everyone possitive that cheat codes dont disable achievements, if so that is awesome i know im gonna have trouble beating the game without dying,

Birky 06-26-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi Kayben (Post 959155)
Is everyone possitive that cheat codes dont disable achievements, if so that is awesome i know im gonna have trouble beating the game without dying,

Before I played that game at all I entered all the cheat codes, and I obtained the full 1,000 GS with them all on. So, yeah, I'm pretty positive they don't disable achievements. ;)

Blind x360a 06-26-2008 08:49 PM

If you miss a collectible but got all the others will they still be avaliable for the next playthrough?

I missed the collectible at the beginning of Level 2. :/

CaptainFuntimes 06-27-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind x360a (Post 960547)
If you miss a collectible but got all the others will they still be avaliable for the next playthrough?

When you're at the load game screen, press left on the left joystick to replay the levels and get the rest of the collectibles.

Method 06-27-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind x360a (Post 960547)

Not on another playthrough, but on the same save slot. Just do what CPT Funtimes said and it'll be there for you. I missed the Tigress Figurine first time through the level, then after beating the game I went back and got it no problems.

Blind x360a 06-27-2008 08:58 PM

Ok I am ready to play the game on Master but when I did all my stats were gone..

Is that supposed to happen?

Nvm read it wrong. :(

Jedi Kayben 06-27-2008 09:10 PM

yep i think so as you are essentailly starting a new game, im finiushing the collectibles and stuff right now on dragon before i start master. Cant get level 11 100% on drogon difficulty but oh well, i did get the invincible achievement on my dragon playthrough.

Blind x360a 06-27-2008 10:21 PM

Ok one more question I promise. :p

When going for the turtles I had just got all 10 eggs so it saved. But right before that I fell in. Then when I reloaded it was at the place it saved so IDK if it counted as a death. Can I play through it and see then if it was the only place replay that and not die?
Or do I have to start all over?

BulletsOfFury 06-28-2008 10:09 PM

Great Post! Thanks!

DeltaZ360 07-01-2008 08:50 PM

This road map idea is awesome! I always wonder what order to do the achievements in to make it fast. The guides are great but combined with this, it's perfect.

Bips 07-02-2008 12:10 AM

Didnt know about the cheat codes before, going to use them on my non dying run.
Thank you :)

EvilestBean 07-03-2008 12:45 PM

Fantastic guide, good job mate:):):):)

JC 07-03-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bips (Post 973381)
Didnt know about the cheat codes before, going to use them on my non dying run.
Thank you :)

Yeah, the cheats make the easy game even easier. :D

m00n22 07-06-2008 09:54 AM

How/where do you enter the cheats?

Eddy Grant 07-06-2008 10:02 AM

Could someone be kind enough to share the cheat codes and info on how to use em.

Thanks

Method 07-06-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Grant (Post 982790)
Could someone be kind enough to share the cheat codes and info on how to use em.

Thanks

The cheat codes themselves are in the first post. As far as where to input them, it's been awhile but I'm pretty sure you just have to go under options-->cheats

Eddy Grant 07-07-2008 05:04 AM

Thanks. Got it. Have a good week.

JC 07-07-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m00n22 (Post 982783)
How/where do you enter the cheats?

In the Options section on the main menu. Then select Cheats. Ya lil' cheater. ;)

JC 07-10-2008 09:51 AM

Button sequences do count as deaths. I missed one and I didn't get my last achievement...now I have to play through the whole game again. :(

Method 07-10-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander JC (Post 993542)
Button sequences do count as deaths. I missed one and I didn't get my last achievement...now I have to play through the whole game again. :(

Really!? I was under the assumption that we had determined it didn't from the thread here
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=77630

Not to sound like a disbeliever, but are you sure? If so, I'll defintely need to edit the map. Sorry about that though, at least you can do that playthrough on easy :)

JC 07-10-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Method (Post 994726)
Really!? I was under the assumption that we had determined it didn't from the thread here
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=77630

Not to sound like a disbeliever, but are you sure? If so, I'll defintely need to edit the map. Sorry about that though, at least you can do that playthrough on easy :)

Yeah, I have played through the game three flippin' times now, once on each difficulty and I know like the whole game and story off by heart. Lol.

I would put in your guide that mucked up button sequences do count against you. Better safe than sorry.

As Rich x360a said: "If in doubt, load". :)

So please do edit your map, I will forgive you for making me play through the game 3 times. :p

Method 07-12-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander JC (Post 995318)
So please do edit your map, I will forgive you for making me play through the game 3 times. :p

Edited/Updated...Sorry. I was just trying to make sure you fully enjoyed the awesomely awsomeness that is Kung Fu Panda:p

JC 07-13-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Method (Post 998540)
Edited/Updated...Sorry. I was just trying to make sure you fully enjoyed the awesomely awsomeness that is Kung Fu Panda:p

No worries...and you should see the film too, it is pretty funny and a great film. :)