View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Donator - Level 4
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 37 (840)
-Online: 8 (160)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 60-70 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? Yes

Overall the achievements are fairly easy. There are a few that are very time consuming, but overall as long as you practise the driving enough you should experience no major issues.

Introduction:
Welcome to Midnight Club: LA, the game has a total of 45 achievements which are done over one continuous play through. There is no end to your game, even after credits roll, you keep playing on your same save. I would advise getting to grips with motorbike handling as when the ninja is unlocked it will make the achievements a lot easier

Step #1:
There is no real focus on what to do specifically at first really. Missions will help get money and better vehicles and then attempt the race X number of X races. Refer to step #2 for achievements to ignore until you have unlocked the Ninja (Motorbike). The quickest achievements for quick gamer score are:
Wanted Man, Out On Bail, The Basics, Saving Los Angeles, Paparazzi, Turn in the Work, Everyone's a Critic

Step #2:
Once you have unlocked the ninja or a very fast car you can focus on the following:
Neither Bird nor Plane, Mild Dedication, True Dedication

Step #3;
Multiplayer:
You can do the multiplayer achievements any time, but I would advise waiting until you have unlocked the ninja or a fast car as it makes them easier or just boost them all in any vehicle. Boosting will be sped up if you have a faster vehicle to play with.

Mop Up:
By the time you finish True Dedication and all the multiplayer you will most likely just have one achievement left to drive 5000 Miles. This is where the grinding comes in of driving around until unlocked or racing if you prefer

Conclusion:
Overall the game is not too hard once you get to grips with driving. The only time consuming part is True dedication and Have Car, Will Travel which boosts up the time requirement

Wanted Man 10 Pull over while the police are in 'pull over' mode, then drive away during the ticketing cutscene.

When the police start chasing you and it says 'pull over' in the bottom left you should pull over. It will go to a cutscene in which you are looking at yourself through the police cars camara. Press to accelerate and you should unlock this. Police unlocked after a few races

Out On Bail 10 Evade the police successfully when they are in pursuit.

When in chase by the police you must lose line of sight from them and stay hidden until they give up. Police unlocked after a few races

Neither Bird nor Plane 10 Travel 1020 feet in a single jump.

This is done on the right side of the map. There is a double loop and above that a single loop. It is done from the single loop. Go all the way around it and straight on keeping to the right. When the road goes downhill there will be a lot of steps infront of you to jump from. Fast bike/car needed with Nitros. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Video not made by me:

Jordan Jumpman 10 Spend more than 10 minutes in the air. Brought to you by JORDAN BRAND.

Hit jumps around the city. You will unlock it after 10 minutes airtime. You get the gamerpic of the achievement once you get this. Be sure you are on live when you unlock it to make sure you get it

Unicycle 20 Drive a cumulative total of 50 miles while doing a wheelie on a motorcycle.

On a motorbike hold + Down on the whilst accelerating. After 50 miles worth of wheelies this will unlock. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Recommend the Freeway going anti clockwise on the right side of the road

Just Get A Motorcycle 20 In a car, drive a cumulative total of 50 miles on 2 wheels.

In a car hold + Right/left on the whilst accelerating and you will start driving on 2 wheels. After 50 miles worth of 2 wheel driving this will unlock. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Recommend the Freeway going anti clockwise on the right side of the road

Hear me Roar! 20 Unlock Level 3 ROAR.

After some races you will unlock special abilities. Press to use them.You can select which one you wish to use from the Garage under Customise Vehicle. The ability level it up to 3

Anger Management 20 Unlock Level 3 AGRO.

See "Hear me Roar" for tips

Set To Stun 20 Unlock Level 3 EMP.

Zoning Out 20 Unlock Level 3 ZONE.

In the Lap of… 20 Beat the Luxury Champ.

After beating the city champ (see "Retire the Master") and completing 35 races in a luxury car you should get challenged by this champ. Beat them to get this. Champ is named Lester. May require more than 35 judging by some peoples input. Quickest done by doing Arcade races with traffic off on the Welcome to Hollywood race until you get challeneged

Name that Tune ( r ) 20 Beat the Tuner Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a tuner car. The champ is named Julian. took me 55 tuner races to get challenged

World's Strongest 20 Beat the Muscle Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a muscle car. The champ is named Marcel. Took me 42 races to get challenged

Two Wheels of Fury 30 Beat the Motorcycle Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a Motorcycle

How Exotic 30 Beat the Exotic Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a exotic car. The champ is named Pete

RIP mygamercard.net - My avatar is the tattoo on my back

Last edited by kornfan2007; 02-16-2011 at 10:37 AM.
kornfan2007 is offline   Reply With Quote