View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
weesplash

SuperWeeSplash's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would suggest when you post saying what achievements you want to boost put a list of numbers afterwords. The list of numbers should be equivalent to the amount of people needed to boost the achievement, e.g., 6-8 numbers on the list if you were boosting for achievements on halo 3 in lone wolves. It's also recommended to include two or three reserve spots because almost always one or two people will not show up.

Here's a template of what I'm talking about:
Quote:
Hey guys, looking [INSERT NUMBER OF PEOPLE NEEDED FOR BOOST] people to boost to get the [INSERT NAME OF ACHIEVEMENTS YOU WANT TO BOOST FOR] achievments. If you want to join in then quote this post and edit your name and time zone onto the list. Also send me a friend request; my gamertag is [INSERT YOUR GAMERTAG], and a message saying that you saw my post on x360a.org and what game you want to boost in. Once the list is filled, we can organise a time and date that suits everyone.

1. [INSERT YOUR GAMERTAG] ([INSERT YOUR TIME ZONE] Tome Zone)
Reserve spots
And here's an example of one in action:
Quote:
Hey guys, looking 4-6 people to boost to get the original Lone Wolves achievements. If you want to join in then quote this post and edit your name onto the list. Also send me a friend request; my gamertag is SuperWeeSplash, and a message saying that you saw my post on x360a.org and that you want to boost in Halo 3. I'm a level 20 though so only people between the skill range of 17-23 or people willing to lower their rank to get in on this. I will work out times that suit everyone and a language setting once the list is filled.

1. SuperWeeSplash (GMT Time Zone)

Reserve spots
It may also be worth me adding 2 more things:

1) If you're organising the boost then you might want to specify a time and date that you are going to boost on when you create the list. You can see in my example I didn't. The problem with this is once everything added there name to the list and I started deciding on a time. It was hard to find a time that suited everyone on the list; whereas, if you choose a time when you post the list, only people that can make the time stated will add their name and therefore you shouldn't have any problems.

2) When you decide upon a time make sure to specify what time zone it's in. Also people can be lazy so if you want extra brownie points work out other peoples time zones for them. Obviously not all them but I tend to do the four main ones. For example:
Quote:
The match will be at 9AM PST :: 11AM CST :: 12PM EST :: 5PM GMT
Here's a good website to help you convert the time zones:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

These lists tend to have a very high success rate at getting everyone all the achievements they need because it gets everyone together more effectively and reduces the amount of random boosting requests that get thrown all over the show with nothing coming of them. It also means that you can look for one of these lists before you post and if the last one you find is filled then you can create your own, if you feel comfortable managing a group of achievement hungry gamers that is

A Casual Bot: looks like he has lost his wallet and is looking for it during the entire match. (running around the map with weapons pointed downwards and occasionally staring at a corner)

An Insane Bot: has already found his wallet and is now chasing after you for yours.

Last edited by Creech; 11-10-2012 at 10:24 PM.