View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu Phoenix View Post
OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)
I used a single moonlight blade setup, geared toward keeping my energy for maneuvering. Slice at the back or top of the fortresses where they have no guns. Practice on the initial fortress to get some techniqe of getting into a position to slice them. If you take a hit from the first fortress, you can probably forget about that run. You can also try adjusting your tv settings to decrease the contrast and lighten up the screen. Keep at it, you'll get lucky on a try and nail it. Personally, the kojima cannons were utter fail for me.

Have you done Ascend yet? That one is a beast too. Three fortresses while ground based cannons shred you.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote