View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfiepint View Post
So I guess buying another drum pedal so I can get the expert+ achievements was buying an achievement... and buying a RB guitar for the solo achievement... and buying Avatar and Madden NFL 06 for the easy 1000... and 2 extra mics for the singing beatles achievements that I still haven't done yet... and a set of speakers for golden voice... and of course, all the DLC.

if it is, it is, then. don't really care.

Silver by the pixies is great to get the all four 100% achievement.
You can't get the Solo Button without the guitar. You will have a very hard time getting the Expert+ drum achieve without a second pedal. You can't get the Beatles Harmony achieves without multiple mics. You can, however, very easily get the 100% achieves without spending a penny. That's the difference. If you are spending money to make a very easy achievement even easier by buying songs you will only play once, you are paying for achievements.

The point is, it's not necessary to buy Silver. Yes, it's a good song for getting the achievements. If you are buying the whole CD and getting it anyway that's fine, but there are other songs that can easily be done without spending a penny. Silver is a not a good Rock Band song on any of the parts and will likely never be played beyond the achievement so it's blatantly paying for an achievement.

If you are comfortable spending money to bring very easy achievements into the ridiculously easy realm, that's your decision. I'd rather spend money on songs I will actually play more than once.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 05-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote