View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Ink129

Ink129's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
The whole 'poor combat' thing is completely bogus, no truth to it at all.

As I've said in a few places now, the only problem with this game is with the players who can't handle that it's an RPG and NOT an action game. They hate that they have to rely on the stats and skills and game mechanics rather than their own personal skill like they would with Splinter Cell. If people would wake up and realize this is an RPG through and through, they may not like it any more, but at least they'd dislike it for a valid reason. After all, not everyone enjoys RPG's, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's perfectly fine is someone dislikes the game because it's an RPG, but to dislike it for being a BAD game when their own preconceptions are that it's a Splinter Cell style game is teh fault of the individual, not the game.

The problem is with the players, not the game, simple as that.
You've got a very good point there. I love RPG's, but I have been on the fence about this game since the release; mainly because of the negative reactions and reviews.
My brother just bought it for his PS3, though, and I've got to admit- it doesn't look that bad. It looks rather good, actually, and my brother really enjoys it too. This, mixed with your well argumented point, Grummy, will make me pick it up next time I get the opportunity.

But to follow up on your comment, Grummy, I also think it is important for people to make the correct distinctions between action games and RPG's nowadays (reviewers too). Some people also got disappointed about Fallout 3 thinking it was an FPS. Fortunately, I love both types of games, but there is no reason for people to bash a game because they didn't read up on it before they bought it and expected it to be something entirely else. Know your genres, what you like and what you don't, and keep to the genres you like. Just because you see it from a first person or third person pespective doesn't make it an action game

Last edited by Ink129; 07-04-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Ink129 is offline   Reply With Quote