View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDDC View Post
...Can someone please tell me why so many people bash this game so much? I mean, look at some of the other games out there - Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust, Pimp My Ride, Avatar, the majority of movie games...yet you continue to say this is one of the worst games for 360 - Why?
I personally like the game. Everyone keeps comparing it to Mass Effect but really, in all honesty, its more of a cross between Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and the Hitman games. SC:CT was a cut above and well polished, Hitman was rather crude, but quite fun to play the stealth aspect rather than the run & gun.

My main concerns with AP are

1. Lip syncing. Ugh. I had to look away every time a character spoke my first play through. Second time I was used to it.

2. Kinda glitchy in that sometimes I got stuck next to a wall or didn't get the A option to open the secret passage or use zip line to continue the game and had to restart.

3. Instead of having a straightforward way to play the game for achievements, it appears to have been rather kludged together. I mean, to be able to totally miss SIE, kill of Albatross, and not be able to annoy Heck to turn you in, was rather nearsighted. The end path should not have been left up to default. And to have to play through AGAIN, for a 5 point achievement really blows.

4. Aiming is rather crude, and thius may be a deal breaker for a lot of people. No matter how much I slow down my cursor movement, I always tend to overshoot either direction, and before you know it, my chain fire is up. Either that, or I need a new controller.

But, overall, the game is quite fun to play, once you get the hang of it. I didn't realize but my first playthrough, I picked my own class instead of going recruit, and the second time, playing as recruit, I did notice how much more difficult the game is without those starting stat points. DEFINITELY start on easy/recruit, finish up a bunch of cheeves on easy/veteran and the do the hard/veteran to mop up.

Thanks for the soapbox!

---
haZZmaTTaZZ
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote