View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #19
GSDrag

GS Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprotoss View Post
I see that you have played unfinished games like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2 while you do bash AP since you think that its a Mediocore game. All I see is you bashing AP for having similarities to games like mini-games which appear in all RPGs. You bash the grpahics for AP while ME, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Gears have the same exact graphics of AP. You can't moan about graphics until the norm is every game looking like Crysis, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3.
Yes, I have played all those games. I disliked the mini-games because of the difficulty of them. Mini-games are supposed to be little things that give you a change of pace in a game. The 12 piece circuit matching, lock picking, and hacking would be perfectly fine (with the hacking being an interesting idea as well) IF they simply gave you a time equivalent to the difficulty. The games became more like work at times, not something you're supposed to feel when playing a video game..

As for the graphics, I said that they were acceptable. I didn't "moan" or bash them. But they are certainly not the same as Mass Effect, Gears, or Fallout.

And for comparison..Alpha Protocol

Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Mass Effect 2

Quote:
Fallout 3's story wasn't finished because all of the Bethesda games can be played in Free Roam even if the story was over hence why Brotherhood of Steel was the Real Ending for it.
I do not understand..Have you played Fallout? The original Fallout ending stopped you from playing there was no free roam to be had. BoS added that along with additional optional storyline.

And if that is not what you meant (your sentences are hard to decipher). Just because Bethesda has games that allow you keep playing past the ending doesn't mean that they are bound by some law to have all their games like that.

Quote:
ODST was unplayable since nobody cares to play the old Halo 3 Multiplayer for a new game like ODST. I'm sure you wouldn't want to play Reach if it was completely like Halo 3. ODST should only have been worth $20 since it was a short game hence it was called an Expansion pack while the old Halo 3 Multiplayer was keep and most of the people that played it already paid for all of the maps.
Please do explain how ODST is unplayable because it included all the Halo 3 multiplayer map packs (including an unreleased pack). And nobody cares about Halo 3 multiplayer? I guess that explains why Halo 3 remains at the top (#2 behind MW2) of XBL's activity charts.

Quote:
MW2 is still glitchy while its playable now while the first 4 months were a glitchfest that MS didn't want IW to repair it. I can easily deal with glitches while you can't since you're moaning about the no existent glitches in AP.
"A glitch is a short-lived fault.."
I'll agree that MW2 had it's fairshare of glitches. But that has since been done away with and fixed. I don't know where you get information from...Microsoft never told IW not to fix the glitches. In fact they banned the people who continously exploited them to keep the game playable for the time being while IW worked on a patch.

You are also comparing a multiplayer experience with a singleplayer one. People will always try to find new glitches to get an upper hand online. So unless AP has some hidden online gameplay they are seperate things. Online gameplay is also unique in that it is not 100% controled, there can always be something that the developers never expected would happen. Whereas they can control the single player experience more and thus make sure there are no major problems.

AP was also delayed almost an entire year. During that year long period they were supposed to improve the game, polish it, and test it. Or at least they were supposed to. I really wonder what they did during that time. Or what kind of testers (if any) they had.

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption hs many glitches including flying horses/people, horses disappearing into the ground, the whole freezing the game, and now seeing the game code because of the new Co-Op DLC. Its a glitchy game in general while the Reviewers don't comment since THQ bribed them with money.
I've never heard of or experienced any of this. I've been through the story mode twice and played multiplayer. You also seem quite intent on believing that everyone is bribed to write a good review. If you believe that then, why didn't Sega give out bribes for a good review?

Quote:
Gears Multiplayer is unplayable since most of the player are Modders and Hackers that abuse their Host powers while I doubt that you have played it then.
The mulitplayer isn't broken or unplayable at all. Its all have to do with the way Gears handles their online. If the host has a bad upload speed then everyone else will have a bad connection while the host is flawless. There are no such things as "host powers". Its not like Epic Games makes you a god everytime you are the host. And for the people that have normal decent connections there is no advantage for the host, he's just another player.

Quote:
When ME2 first came out tons of people had glitches that would crash your game then erase that data while many Reviewers commented about that. That still happens while it doesn't happen as much now.
Please enlighten me and show me this supposed erase glitch. Because I certainly haven't heard anything about it.

Quote:
All I hear you is bash AP for problems while you praise games that have worse problems like Fallout 3, Halo 3 ODST, MW2, Read Dead Redemption, Gears series, and ME2. If you actually played AP then you wouldn't be saying the same exact things that most of the Reviewers have while they played the Review copy of it because its an unfinished product that allows them to skip parts of the game to meet their Deadlines. The Review Copy is what most publications do since they get a Free gameeven if its unfinished while I guess you haven't talked to a Gaming, Movie, or Book Journalist then. I don't care if you Hate or Love it while I do care that you have played the entire game, you don't blame the game for the lack of skill that you have, and that you don't Mindlessly bash it for no reason. Go somewhere else to Flame.
I have played AP. I have finished AP. I don't have a "review copy", I have the regular retail version that any old schmuck can pick up. I experienced the most glitches in my lifetime on a supposedly "finished and polished" game. No other game has given me the trouble AP did. So I am a bit confused when you say that Fallout, Halo, MW2, and all those other games have bigger problems then AP.

I have played the entire game...it looked good on paper. It was an interesting idea. It had potential, I'll give it that. But it was executed poorly.

I am also not "mindlessly bash it for no reason". I explained everything and my reasons for it.
GSDrag is offline   Reply With Quote