Achievement Guide & Roadmap
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
- Offine: 1000
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000
: 3 - 6 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
(you can replay levels if needed)
- Missable Achievements: 0
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: N/A
- Does difficulty affect achievements: N/A
- Glitched achievements: None but see note below.
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Extra equipment needed: None
Welcome to my Megamind: The Video Game guide. The game is a linear action game and is the exact definition of quick movie tie-in games. It is pretty simple, short and generally geared toward a younger audience with a few minor challenges on the boss fights. The majority of the achievements will be unlocked during the course of normal play and anything else can be completed with the level select feature. The best news is there are no collectibles to worry about!
- Play through the main levels of the game. If you play in CO-OP, only the player controlling Megamind gets the achievements. Save yourself the hassle and just play solo the first time to unlock everything. There are 10 levels total and each one can easily be completed in less than 30 minutes if you just run through them. On level 1 you should attempt to complete it without dying. On levels 3, 6, 9 and 10 you need to beat the bosses without dying. None of these "do without dying" achievements are very difficult and can all be done via level select if you don't complete them the first time. I have tips for the bosses in the guide if you run into trouble. Everything else unlocks during normal play and should not prove too troublesome although this can be compounded by a pretty nasty glitch that I have listed below.
- Mop up anything you might have missed using the level select screen. It is the map that is found in your lair hideout. You don't have to play the mini-games at all.
Overall the game is not too difficult. The average gamer should be able to complete the majority of the game within a single day of dedicated play. This makes it a perfect candidate for a weekend rental.
: I ran into a pretty ugly glitch. It does not stop you from getting achievements but it does make the game progress a lot slower. Here is what happens, when you complete a level, any applicable achievements unlock but then the game just locks up. You cannot continue and you do not get the option to save your game and return to the hub. That means that you have to replay the entire level again! Worse is that you still may or may not get to continue after playing a second time. This has happened to me on levels 1, 2, 6, 8 and 9. I had to replay level 6 FIVE times before it finally saved and went to the next level. I don't know what causes it or how to fix it. I have tried installing the game to the hard drive, resetting the Xbox, shutting down the Xbox, switching Xboxes, letting the boss kill me once, not getting hit by the boss at all, etc... No one solution worked every time for me. I really feel that it is a random occurence whether you get the save screen or not. I was able to progress through the game but it does get a little frustrating to have to replay the levels an unknown number of times before you get lucky. Even with the glitch though, I was able to complete the game in 6 hours. That includes writing the guide.
On November 29, 2010 there was a title update and the glitch was patched. If you are playing offline and the level glitch occurs, log into Xbox Live and restart the game to accept the update. Thanks to everyone who has reported in.
That's it everyone, thanks for reading.
Complete "The Museum" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 1 “The Museum” and the achievement unlocks shortly after grabbing the DNA Tracking device. I'm going to state it once at the beginning, play the entire game solo as Megamind. That is the only character that you can unlock the achievements with.
Complete "Downtown" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 2 “Downtown” and the achievement unlocks shortly after grabbing the DNA Tracking device.
Complete "Demolition Site" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 3 “Demolition Site” and the achievement unlocks shortly after defeating the level boss. See “Destruction Derby” for tips on this boss fight.
Complete "The Underground" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 4 “The Underground” and the achievement unlocks shortly after grabbing the DNA Tracking device.
Complete "The Sewers" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 5 “The Sewers” and the achievement unlocks shortly after grabbing the DNA Tracking device.
Complete "Funky Disco" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 6 “Funky Disco” and the achievement unlocks shortly after defeating the level boss. See “Psychotic Win” for tips on this boss fight.
Complete "Uptown" Level as Megamind
Story Related and cannot be missed. Simply complete level 7 “Uptown” and the achievement unlocks shortly after grabbing the DNA tracking device.