View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Postmodernmartyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Postmodernmartyr

PostModernMartr's Gamercard
Too Late 20
Go up for a game winning dunk only to have time expire while in mid-air

You will actually have to lose the match to get this achievement, the easiest way to do this is to use the play now method (See Clean Sheet), score as little as possible and keep your team 1 point down. Make sure to go in for the dunk at the last possible second of the 4th quarter. If you only have 1 controller, you can try to get it naturally or boost online. Remember to adjust settings to fit your task and that when there is no shot clock you can avoid being shoved and run down the clock simply by walking up and down the farthest right side of the court.

Mojo 20
Win a game with a layup buzzer beater

Refer to Too Late, but this time instead of losing with a dunk, go up for the lay up and win. I found it easier to use the right analog stick for the lay up but you can also easily go for a layup like you would a dunk, but while you're in the air just press again.

From Downtown 10
Score 50% of your team's points while only shooting three pointers

Make sure to pick a player with a high 3 pt score. You can use the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet) or just over the course of classic or remix campaigns (I did), just watch your stats and always shoot from behind the arc.

Iron Will 30
Break the backboard in a Classic or Remix game with an alley oop!

The easiest way to do this is in the smash remix mode, make sure your drone teammate has the ball when you are about to break the back board and that you slam the ball in. Some people are having trouble unlocking this in Smash mode, but the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet), will work too, as long as you dunk as much as possible in the first half and keep going for the layup in the second.

Finger Roll 20
Make 5 layups in a row without getting blocked

This one may be near impossible to do without boosting or using the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet). Remember to do the layup, do not use turbo. For some reason I found it easier to do Layups with the right analog stick, but you can also go for a lay up like you would a dunk, but while you're in the air, just press again.

He's on Fire! 10
Hit a buzzer beater while on fire

This achievement should come naturally while playing but can also be boosted online or by the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet). Unlike the other buzzer related achievements this one can be obtained at the end of every quarter. If you are having a tough time with this one, wait until you've unlocked one shot fire. Remember Turbo is your best friend once you're on fire!

Burning 10
Keep yourself or your teammate on fire until it exhausts by making 5 or more unanswered baskets

This achievement should come naturally over the course of play, but can easily be boosted online or using the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet). Make sure no other player scores a single basket until this unlocks just to be on the safe side. If you are having a tough time with this one, wait until you've unlocked one shot fire. Remember Turbo is your best friend once you're on fire!

Wrecking Crew 20
Beat Backboard Smash in under 2 minutes

You can obtain this one fairly easy if you play against a team with low dunk scores on remix mode. You can also just use the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet) except in Remix modes. I picked it up the first time I played a Smash match in the remix tour, just remember alley oops and dunks when you are on fire do some of the most damage.

Double Up 20
Beat the CPU by doubling their score in a Classic 2v2 or Remix 2v2 game

The best way to do this is to play against the computer on play now mode. If you change settings from the character selection you can take away the shot clock and shorten the quarters to two minutes. As long as you walk up and down the very right side of the screen, the Cpu will not shove you, just remember to score at the end of quarters. This one shouldn't be too hard, I did it in a classic campaign game.

Triple Up 30
Beat the CPU by tripling their score in a Classic 2v2 or Remix 2v2 game

Refer to Double Up. Do not attempt in Classic Campaign or Remix Tour.

Atlantic Division Represent 20
Defeat the Atlantic Division Legend Team in Classic Campaign

This will unlock after you beat the Legends Team of John Starks & Patrick Ewing the first time you play through Classic Campaign.

Central Division Represent 20
Defeat the Central Division Legend Team in Classic Campaign

This will unlock after you beat the Legends Team of Bill Laimbeer & Isiah Thomas the first time you play through Classic Campaign.

Like Hip Hop? ... Try this!

Games Complete: 80

Last edited by Postmodernmartyr; 12-07-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Postmodernmartyr is offline   Reply With Quote