View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #15
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
I've spent hours on this one..
Ah yeah, I've forgotton the completely broken physics.
I don't understand how people can say this game is random or bikes are too hard to control. The physics are perfect. I know exactly whats going to happen when my bike is about to land 99% of the time so I can always be prepared for it. Even on tracks I have never played.

The game is EXTREMELY consistent. So consistent that the replays are actually based off purely controller input. So all the game does it record the buttons you press and then insert them into a "blank" replay so it isn't actually recording 5000 replays per track. That is why there are the occasionally replays where it shows someone crashing. Usually due to timing being a fraction of the second off or by an explosion throwing it off a bit. But when you look at how many actually play, its amazing how consistent it really is.

Its all about knowing the game. Because there are probably less than a dozen obstacles in the game that are slightly unpredictable at times, everything else is cake once you learn how the bikes react. This also isnt your average game where you can spend 5 hours playing it and be pretty good. I would say it takes 25+ hours for someone to become decent - good at the game. Very good comes somewhere past 75.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

Last edited by acdougla17; 12-01-2010 at 06:00 PM.
acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote