View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACdanstaface View Post
I built other weapons (the first one I built was the grenade football) and still had the "handyman" achievement pop up no problem...
Yeah I don't know who XBLA Fans is, but clearly they are wrong. I also built other various weapons in between doing the ones for the achievement, and I got it without a problem. Plus, they say to only build the 7 new weapons and not any old ones? That is impossible as you need to build the Laser Sword (an old combo weapon) before you can build the Laser Gun. So there is absolutely no way their assessment is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrimlock View Post
The order doesn't factor in at all because I didn't do them in that order and skipped the cut scenes.
Same here, I skipped the little building scenes and I got the achievement with no problems.

Seems like it's still just randomly bugged, because plenty of us can disprove all of the conditions people have suggested so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AToMiiK View Post
i did all this before finishing case file 1-2 which could have made a difference as in my first play through i made the last of the 7 weapons (laser gun) in case file 3-2.
Also no. I forgot to build my own Laser Gun, so I reloaded a save I had during Case 3, made one, and still got the achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!

Last edited by mjc0961; 01-01-2011 at 08:02 PM.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote