View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
Kaz

kazuyo's Gamercard
Fuck yes I nailed the gold on Edo Battle. A big thanks to NanmonJiel who messaged me some tips! Many thanks dude.

I'll post the messages so more people can benefit.

Quote:
Word of advice for hitting Gold on the Edo mission: you can rest three times max; try to do breaks at 400,750 and 950 kills. That way, you are fully charged for the last Chiba Sanako. She mercs like crazy
For my attempt I finished in 32'52"40 which is 203 out of 891. To hit gold the target was 34'21"00. I used Sasaki Kojiro like the roadmap mentioned. The best time to chain your combo is when Sanako opens up with her own combo, your range should be able to interrupt and get a full link on her. Do it twice and you pretty much nail it.
Quote:
When I did it, I had 400 at 11 minutes, rested for two to fully recharge, killed to 650 or so before healing up again at 19 minutes in (damn boss nailed me with a shot), then once more at 950 (31 minutes in). Having extra time later on helps
I had trouble reaching 400 kills by 12 minutes. Fortunately the pace of mob respawns from 20 minutes onward was so much faster. I took a half hp break around 500. (charged from 10% to about 55%) Then I took another break around 890 kills (10% to about 60%) By this point I dropped the last guy around 31 sometime in.