View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #36
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok, So TURKEY!!! I rate the race aroun 7/10! The first 10 laps were like no other race I have seen before. So much action the cameras couldn't keep up! The McLaren drivers displayed some of the best racing i've seen for a while... continuious at least, the overtakes were pretty standard but it was back and forth for longer than we (as an audience) usually see, and it remained clean!

Alonso was a surprise, as much as I hate him, Vettel needs more cars to challenge him. Koybayashi was awesome, just a shame about the flat tyre, for which the BBC did not make aware to viewers I don't think.

Schumacher, well off form. I thought what Martin Brundel said was slightly out of order. DC said he just didnt know when to give up, to which Brundle asked 'you mean in his carrer?' Obviously knowing DC just meant about a loss of a place on the track. And talking of Mercedes, what a shame for Rosberg. I had him down for a podium, and that oppening lap really got me hopefull I think the team just need more high fuel data, and an aero package to match.

Webber, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd... He's very quick at Barcelona, we all know that! Could it go all the wayt to 5, 4, 3, 2, 1?? Can't wait to find out!

As for Sebastian Vettel. Someone needs to break his legs! All he has proven to me so far is that he is a time attack champion. I want to see what happens when he is out in Q1 like Webber in China, and to see how far up the pack he can get. I think he is single handedly destroying F1. There is no way he will leave Red Bull, and unless they develop a crapish car, he will own. McLaren and Ferrari need to step up there game and provide their drivers with matching performance cars, otherwise 'The Ferrari years' will become 'The Red Bull years' and nobody wants to see one man/child dominate the rest fo the field.

As much as I hate Alonso, I would be happy to just see a 2nd place battle between Hamilton, Ferrari (if they develop the car more, FAST!), Button and Webber.. But only if it is to be the case that Vettel just does a Sunday drive each week. We need some genuine fights for the lead though! That is the principle reason I only rate Turkey 7/10, none of the action was for the lead... and the DRS was off! Too easy.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote