View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #56
JaredL

JaredLinwood's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
I don't like how the game looks and feels like Mafia II since I kind of hated that game. I really hope this doesn't start a trend for future Rockstar games. I would hate to see the next GTA play like this. Also not being able to set waypoints sucks a whole bunch.
It's because Mafia II and L.A. Noire share a similar time period, that's all. Also, it's important to note that Rockstar supported in the development, but the primary development was done by Team Bondi. I love the way it plays, it's different, but it works. This isn't GTA after all, it wouldn't be right if it played out the same.

You can set waypoints, but since GPS obviously wasn't around in the 40s, they can't highlight the ideal path for you - instead, if you get lost, you'll notice your partner gives you directions. I don't consider this a flaw, it's a small detail that makes the game very unique and realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
You can't do this? How is it an "open world" game then? I haven't played it much yet, but from what I'm hearing I think this will be my least favorite Rockstar game. I will probably have to wait for reviews on future releases now, which is something I never thought I would say.
Pretty sure Rockstar has stated several times now that it is not "open world" in the traditional Rockstar fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBxRAIDER View Post
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink
You can roam around the city after you finish the game. Not sure if it is possible before hand... you need to enter the CASE section of the main menu and select it from one of the desk folders, depending what desk you want to roam in (Patrol, Homicide, Vice, etc.)
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote