View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
JaredL

JaredLinwood's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
Nah this just isn't true. Both of these games feel very similar. The character movement, the camera, the hand to hand combat, etc. It has nothing to do with the fact that both games are from a similar time period.

It most likely wasn't available in the 1800s either, but you can use GPS in RDR.
I understand where you are coming from, I'm a fan of both games, and they do feel similar, but I don't believe there is any link between the two other then the fact they are from the same time period. They both use different engines, different developers and different concept... not to mention that L.A. Noire has been in-development for over 6 years. I don't think they "copied" the mechanics, if that is what you are insinuating.

Like I said, I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I just think they feel the same for a reason is all.

Oh, and yeah I see your point there, Redemption did have GPS-like features. Only answer to why L.A. Noire doesn't, I guess, is purely for realism and consistency I guess; and it works, navigation isn't too hard, and the directions from your partner work great. It's the attention to detail I like most about the game to be honest.

I apologies if I am a little bias though. I own a fansite regarding Rockstar, and they sent me out the game a week before it was released, so I honestly have no complaints. Not that I don't respect your issues with the game, nothing is perfect after all.
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote