View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #70
davezpsp

KingRodedog's Gamercard
My turn! I'm gonna complain that this game was not made for the hardcore gamer A.K.A. the unemployed. Sure if you're a casual gamer this will take quite a while but it's gotta be in the ballpark of 30-40hrs. total, even if that. I finished it up today with an average of a little under a disc a day. I didn't mean to blow through it but I wanted to see what was next all the time.

Towards the end the game play actually got a little more fun due to the variety of the characters, I just wish they had done that earlier or more frequently. Also, it's been stated before but I didn't care for the fact that you were ALWAYS in a case. Yes, I am aware that there is free roam but still. I don't want to compare because that is what everybody else is doing, in other R* games you had multiple choices of who to work for or what jobs/missions and if you wanted a break you could free roam instead of having to make sure your game saved, back out to the main menu and then into free roam, not to mention you have to make sure it saves again before you leave free roam otherwise you'll lose whatever you did in F.R. Which brings me to my next point, why are there no save places? Why can't you go back to HQ, maybe "fill out a report" in essence to create a save point? That would have been the easy way to do it. I get that it saves like every 15-20 mins. or after you trigger certain events but that would have given the game that extra edge.

I've been hearing nothing but good about this game but I really hope it doesn't get GOTY, it is beautiful to look at and the controls are great for the most part but it just needed more play testing in terms of: maybe you guys should add this or subtract that.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's about all I have to say about that"

1st PS3: 11/22/12-??/??/??
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-10/02/11(DVD Fail)
3rd Xbox: 10/02/11-??/??/??
10,000GS: 08/28/10
20,000GS: 10/09/10
30,000GS: 12/09/10
40,000GS: 04/06/11
50,000GS: 12/29/11
davezpsp is offline   Reply With Quote