View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #55
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
One of the most exciting races I've seen. I was cheering like a madman for Button through those final laps. I think it could have gone either way had Vettel not lost it, DRS could have been the deciding factor. Glad Jenson didn't need to go off the racing line in the end to overtake though. How he won after entering the pits 6 times is beyond me, totally flabbergasted. An amazing drive.

Schumacher showed some good form in the wet. I too was hoping that he would make his way onto the podium, even at the expense of Webber, who is my favourite driver. No way he could defend against DRS, which is a shame. I do need to question the second DRS zone. If the driver is truly faster, they shouldn't require a second speed boost.

There were a lot of incidents in the race, you can expect that in the wet but so many of them were avoidable. How did Sutil drive up the back of Rosberg under safety car conditions? Seriously? Heidfeld didn't see that Kobayashi had made a small error and thus ran up the back of him. Unfortunate, but entirely avoidable. I thought there was enough room for Webber and Hamilton at the start, as well as Alonso and Button, although mid chicane probably wasn't the best place to go side by side.

All in all it was an excellent race and I can't wait until Valencia.