View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #47
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.

Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.

Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
I will just say what is a Hotspur? Because names like this don't really help you.

The Red Bulls will either return to the name they held for the first 10 years of their existence, the Metro Stars, or acquire a new name.

A. Professional football has only existed for about 50 years. Sorry we haven't been playing the same sport for the past 500 years, but we were kinda doing more important things like fighting wars, building a government, etc. We've only really truly been settled down as a nation since WWII, once we so graciously protected your nation from certain destruction. =X
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote