View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #52
FiNaL MaKo

FiNaL MaKo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.
What's a Hotspur? Also it's called sponsorship, they we're named the MetroStars before I'm sure they will go back to that.

Quote:
Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.
Wimbledon meet MK Dons. Emirates Stadium, Reebok Stadium, the (formerly) JJB Stadium. Those are just the ones from the top of my head in the premier league alone. Not even going to acknowledge your history comment as it already speaks to your ignorance.

Quote:
Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
Why does it bother you what they call the sport? They already have a sport called Football, would be kind of confusing to be calling 2 different sports by the same name.

Most Americans that follow football do have a clue about it. Also don't blame Europeans in general, this is clearly an England only thing. Haters Gonna Hate.
FiNaL MaKo is offline   Reply With Quote