View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #53
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Our only real sport is football? A real sport is a sport that is played by more than a few countries. Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey (grass), Snooker etc. This might seem mind boggling to someone like you but cricket is more popular than the four of your sports put together. Bet they dont mention that in your schools?
Is that the definition? To me, a "sport" is nothing but an organized athletic competition featuring two or more recognizably different teams in direct opposition to one another. Where it's played is irrelevant.

Quote:
Fair point about Tottenham.

Your point about NYs team just proves my point about there being no history.

Fighting wars? Hows that going at the minute? Just think if you hadn't spent the last nine years cocking up in Iraq and Afghanistan the MLS might be as good as the Premier League or La Liga.
The MLS has only existed for a handful of years. THAT right THERE is the elitism I was saying that you guys have.

Iraq and MLS are completely unrelated entities. Maybe if we had a draft, you'd have a point, but I highly doubt we lost any key MLS players to the voluntary war.

Problem with the MLS right now is coaching talent. That will only come with time. As the current players get better, get older, become coaches, they'll offer up their experience, and the cycle will progress.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote