View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #19
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayK$& View Post
Well according to websites like metacritic which gave it a 98/100, 99.9% of every critic who rated the game, and in my opinion, GTA IV is one of the greatest games of 7th generation, and maybe even ever.
Yes, because critics, people just like you and me, are always a good meter to rate games. You can take them into account, but just because some dude that writes for a magazine says a game is good or bad doesn't mean that's the end all, be all. For an example, the most recent Transformers game got terrible reviews, but most of the people I talk to that have played it enjoyed it as far as a one-two playthrough game. Homefront got destroyed by most people, but there are still a lot of people that loved the campaign, even though it was so short.

The point isn't that GTA IV was good or not (which it wasn't even as good as the last 3, by the way), it's that your option in the poll was dumb. You left no option for people that loved the game, but like another one better. You went from "Best ever" to "It was okay". If you loved GTA IV, good for you. I'm glad you didn't feel like you wasted 65 bucks like I did, but that doesn't mean that anyone else likes it, and the simple fact that you try to even put it in the same class as a game like FO3 is absurd.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote