View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
From what I've personally experienced and from what I've seen others say on the forum the "achievement tallies" for the bar patrons carry over. I didn't help Justin out in my first playthrough and in my second he was the first one I finished helping out and as soon as his achievement popped "Everyday Hero" popped (before talking to anyone else on that playthrough). Several others have reported having the same experience.
This is a common misconception. Everyday Hero actually unlocks once you have unlocked every individual patron achievement, once you have unlocked the last one(in your case, "Read All About It") then Everyday Hero unlocks.

Many people tend to think that you get it for saving all the patrons and if you miss one then the "saved patron tally" carries over(and you can just save the one's you missed) but this is not the case. It is the patron achievement themselves that keep tally for Everyday Hero, not the game save files themselves. Think of Everyday Hero as a(unlock all other achievements to unlock this one) type achievement like you "Cheers to You" it functions exactly the same way! The Japanese site for Catherine made note of this before it was even released in North America.

The English translation can be found HERE. Notice how it mentions that you must unlock the patrons respective achievements to get Everyday Hero and not save them all in one playthrough which is apparently optional. Which can make it seem that they carry over(just because you unlocked their achievement) but they are not. The achievement is the tally not the save.

Last edited by FeLizP; 10-15-2012 at 04:12 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote