View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #32
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Thumbs up

At launch I thought this game was shit, a massive disappointment even. My expectations were shockingly high.

Fast forward to today I play the demo and notice it has local multiplayer, co-op campaign and regular campaign. In the frickin' demo. When you're done you get a funny dataDyne propoganda screen as well... "YOU WILL RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH GENUINE ENTHUSIASM".

After playing so many shitty regenerating health CoD clones the game is a breath of fresh air! The health regen system this game has is a perfect middle ground between the old school shooters and the new ones. The guns feel unique and have their own roles to play, the game has offline multiplayer with bots, co-op, varying objectives based on difficulty, fairly non-linear levels and the graphics still hold up to this day. The cover system has its place in combat without having the whole game focus on it (Gears).
My only real gripe is going into 3rd person for a 0.5 second combat roll.

I feel bad for not getting into this game at launch but at the time I didn't realise what the future held for FPS games.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote